KaJuN is Shipping Out

Good luck, mate! And be safe.

We'll miss you on the forums.

That's cool, I considered joining the Chair Force at one point. After some thought I decided to join the military instead.

Just bustin' your chops. Sooner or later you'll learn all about interservice rivalry.

Good Luck! Stay safe. When I get my Lada running I'll sling some mud for you!

^ Fast cheap shipping from Top Rated award winner A++++ seller!!!

An aircraft technician, huh? So you won't be doing any flying, you just fix them, right?
If so, that may be a pretty good job since you won't be doing any of the fighting and most of the time you'll be safe onboard the ship and not within enemy territory.

Good luck to you. Hopefully you won't have to serve much and Obama will pull the troops back to the US.

Yep I'll just be turning the wrenches. Although I plan on using some cash from the G.I. Bill to get back into flying lessons and maybe be an instructor someday.

As for going over to 'the sandbox' as I've heard it lovingly referred to, that comes with the job and I'll do my best if that's in my future. I'm not too worried about anything bad happening because what's the point? I mean, what's to stop someone from running that red light on your way to work or school tomorrow? Plus the air force tours are considerably shorter than those for the army or marines.

Glad I didn't miss this thread... I've always thought of you as one of the BEST ones here, so make sure you stay safe and be well. I know we all look forward to you coming back. Enjoy:

http://img355.imageshack.**/img355/2069/amberbockag7.jpg

Amber Bock!? How did you know?? :wub:

Good luck mate, you have done something I could never do. Mucho respecto

Good luck, I'm seriously putting some thought into signing up too to be an "Airman" after graduation.

What did you think of the ASVAB?

The ASVAB turned out to be easier than I was expecting and even with 4 hours of sleep I managed to get a score that qualified me for every enlisted job. Most of it is just normal standardized test stuff with reading comprehension and basic algebra. What really helped my score was the automotive section that dealt with all the technical mechanical bits of engines. The electrical part didn't help me much because I know next to nothing about circuits and things like resistors and capacitors. The logic section was just weird and messed with my head way too much. But all in all it's nothing to be afraid of.

I considered joining the air national guard right after high school and in hind sight I should have gone ahead with it. Ah well, better late than never right?

Good luck KaJuN - I hope KaJuNa takes to the USAF just as well.

Remember, there'll be a little piece of FinalGear in you at all times. What that piece is and where it is I'm not sure I want to know...

Good Luck KaJuN, but remember the policy. Don't Ask Don't Tell.
Anyways, have fun and stay safe and as the French would say "Bon Voyage!"

Maybe I'll see you around in the PX sometime :) Tho I haven't been to Lackland in quite a while since its much uglier than RAFB

We who might be directing your movements salute you! (I'm interviewing with JWAC in Dahlgren, VA myself, but only in a civilian capacity) In all seriousness... :salute smiley here:

Good luck KaJuN, stay safe, in one piece, and make sure the guys fly those planes get back to base in one piece if you end up fixing them.

PS. With a car with electrics by Lucas, i would've expected more electrical knowledge from you :p

Aww, but who am I going to get my sexytiem from now? :cry:

Good luck with the training mate. Stay safe, work hard and (try to) have fun. You'll be back before you know it! :)

Ditto :cry:

Good luck bro! Hope things work out well for you. Stay frosty.... since it'll be warm in Texas... uh... you know what I mean and stay safe. We want you back in 1 piece.

In the meantime I'll make sure to flood your userpage with random TG statements (as I usually do) so that when you do return there's a fresh pile of Lurker doodoo to sift through :)

Take care and stay safe!

ps. Don't let the Air force guys know you like to wear dresses. ds

That's cool, I considered joining the Chair Force at one point. After some thought I decided to join the military instead.

Just bustin' your chops. Sooner or later you'll learn all about interservice rivalry.

[url=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chair+force]Urbandictionary.com[/url] said:
Of all the Services, the Air Force has the most intelligent enlisted people. This is not just theory; it's provable fact.

Take the Army. When the stuff hits the fan, the young Army private wakes up to the bellowing of his First Sergeant. He grabs his BDUs out of his foot locker, dresses, runs to the chow-hall for breakfast on the fly, then jumps in his tank. Pretty soon, the company commander, a captain, arrives, gives him a big salute, and says, "Give 'em Hell, soldier!"

Now take the Navy. When the stuff hits the fan, the young Sailor is eating breakfast in the mess. He hustles the 20 feet to his battle station, stuffing extra pastries in his pocket as he goes. There he sits, in the middle of a big, steel target, with nowhere to run, when the Captain comes on the 1MC and says, "Give 'em Hell, Sailors! I salute you!"

Now take the Marines. When the stuff hits the fan, the young Marine is kicked out of bed by his First Sergeant and puts on the muddy set of BDUs he was wearing on the field exercise he was part of three hours earlier. He gets no breakfast, but is told to feel free to chew on his boots. He runs out and forms up with his rifle. Pretty soon, his company commander, a captain, comes out, gives the Marine a sharp salute, and says, "Give 'em Hell, Marine!"

And then there's the Air Force. When the stuff hits the fan, the Airman receives a phone call at his off-base quarters. He gets up, showers,shaves, and puts on the fresh uniform he picked up from the BX cleaners the day before. He jumps in his car and cruises through the McDonalds drive-thru for an Egg McMuffin and Coca-Cola on his way into work. Once at work, he signs in on the duty roster. He proceeds to his F-15, spends 30 minutes pre-flighting it, and signs off the forms. Pretty soon the pilot, a young captain arrives, straps into the jet, and starts the engines. Our young Airman stands at attention, gives the aviator a sharp salute, and says, "Give 'em Hell, Captain!"

All joking aside, congrats and good luck, KaJuN! And hey, if you do get shipped out to "the sandbox", maybe you could pay TechZ, Blayde, and I a visit. :cool:

Good luck sir. Be safe and make sure not to forget us when you travel teh tubes.

Edit: Glad to hear all is well. If you ever get sent out overseas or something... Let us know and we'll conjure up a TG/FG "care" package for you.

Last edited:
Good Luck KaJ <3, make sure you you end up with that callsign ;D