thinking about a G35 coupe

I think the G35C is a great looking car, much better then the 350Z, plus it's a tad more practical.

But as other said, there is a negative image to that car. You're looking for a car that gives you the image of a young successful guy. So it's a bit of toss up.

Personally, if you could afford the insurance, I'd look for a normal late model 3-series coupe. Just a 328 or 330ci. They offer great handling, good performance, and are very professional looking. The M3 is a far fetched option, but that car has a negative image as well.

^

+1

can't go wrong with a 330i

When I see a 23 year old driving a G35 like they own it, I don't think "young, successful professional".

I think "someone trying to look like a young, successful professional". Or "cock".

I drive an accord euro (acura TSX) and it's a nice car but doesn't really offer the driving thrills (it's not too bad for a FWD sedan but not going to set your pulse on fire)

The GTO is a fun car that might be worth checking out as some have mentioned.

I want a car that shows that I am a young successful professional.

For me its not about prestige or anything

What?

G35 is a girls' car. Honestly, most of the ones I see are driven by women. You need to be a woman or a cock to drive one. And you still havent explained how a G35 is better than an M3 or M5. Also, I have no idea why youre trying to look like you are 45 - you're not, so you're supposed to have a fast car, not just a flashy one, so go buy a GTO.

I'm willing to bet that the E46 M3 and the E39 M5 may be cheap to buy, but probably much more expensive to insure and maintain than an Infiniti G35. There really is not much thats wrong with the G35, apart from the fact thats it seems to cater to ex-BMW drivers.

if your getting a gcp, try and get a 05. the ft brakes are very undersized and wear out after 20-30k. the early audio units are crap. they were redesigned in 05 and imo, they look much better in and out. speaking as an infiniti tech, there pretty solid cars.

I really didn't expect to have so many people hate the the G35

I think its a great car:
good looking
fun to drive
back seats
cheap to buy
cheap to run
cheap to insure

also I looked at autotrader.com (zip 92128) and the m3 and m5 are to expensive. I was stretching to get to $16,000

\
I want a car that shows that I am a young successful professional.

Well, why didn't you say so! Buy yourself a used 3 series BMW, like other yuppies. This way you can also add "prick" to your list of accomplishments.

Make sure that you tailgate others, cut people off, talk, masturbate and fiddle with a Blackberry while driving, and talk loudly about nothing in particular whilst using your Bluetooth earpiece, ESPECIALLY when exiting the vehicle.

You...really aren't that kind of person, are you. No, you're not. Buy a G35. Enjoy Nissan reliability.

i am what sixthing the GTO as a car to buy

other options are
B5 S4 (or possibly the next gen V8)
RX-8 (lol 4 seats)
Mazdaspeed6 (might be out of your price range)
E34 M5 (i don't give a fuck if it's old you should still get one)
S8 (not the new one the older one)

or you could tell us all to get stuffed and buy a G35 like you want....

looking at the GTO really makes me think

the only down side would be MPG

all the GTO's are LSx motors they get pretty awesome gas mileage since they are full of torque you don't need lots of RPM (and therefore gas) to pootle along... That all goes out the window when you romp on it but then i assume you will be able to somewhat control yourself

my question is why are you not buying a 944 Turbo like in your info and then a second beater to drive when the 944 is busted... just saying

Man you guys are tough. XKs? CLK55s? You're comparing cars in a different class. The G35 is a nice ride.

Besides the "image" of the car, the OP hasn't said much about what he has in mind in terms of reasoning. If you're looking for a sports car, the G35/37 is a poor choice. These cars are HEAVY and not very quick relative to the power they put out.

However, if you want a fairly luxurious coupe with a handsome body and solid build-quality, a second-hand G35 is a great choice. What it lacks in road prowess, it makes up for in comfort and reliability.

the fastest car I have driven is a 2000 Cavalier

So this would be more then fast/sporty enough for me

Last edited:
Get the real Nissan. The 350Z.

The Infinity is just a Z with a bland body and some toys you don't really need.

Hell, why don't you just get a Boxster for 12 grand? It's a better car and probably more reliable.

Very presumptive opinions, despite the similar underpinnings, the G35 coupe and 350Z are pretty different cars

350Z = for ppl who want pure 2 seater sports car focused more on driving experience at the cost of utility and space

G35coupe = for ppl who want the additional space with the 2+2 back seat storage and actual trunk/boot space compared to the 350Z, and much more suitable as a long distance GT cruiser than the 350Z

if he falls more in the first category, then yes the 350Z is prob a better choice, but if falls in the second category, then you're just making yourself sound like a jackass.

Besides the "image" of the car, the OP hasn't said much about what he has in mind in terms of reasoning. If you're looking for a sports car, the G35/37 is a poor choice. These cars are HEAVY and not very quick relative to the power they put out.

However, if you want a fairly luxurious coupe with a handsome body and solid build-quality, a second-hand G35 is a great choice. What it lacks in road prowess, it makes up for in comfort and reliability.

^^^

at least some ppl here know how to look at what makes a 'good car for specific people' from both sides instead of saying 'choice 1 is good! choice 2 sucks!'