[12x04] November 23rd, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will play the role of negative nellie:

GOD THE SIARPC WILL BE SOOO BAD ITS THE WORST EPISODE EVA BECAUSE I DUNNO WHO HE IS WOT?

(Crikey I can't wait til next Sunday!)

^ If you don't know who Harry Enfield is, go watch Series 1 Episode 1. He was the guest then. :p

He's the bloke that did the Clarkson Island thing.:p

I know that, it was my impression of a person who will join shortly after it airs :p

From what I can see even experienced Hypermilers would find it hard under normal conditions to put an unmodified diesel beyond 700 miles or 1200 Kms so if it's Zurich to Blackpool I think they're about 200 ks short in a Volkswagen TDI. If you just yelled Prius then watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSK-lM4eKCM
Another interesting one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rISyJBDez7k
If you guys can think of some super fuel effcient cars that preform under normal conditions (not the 30 seconds they are taping for youtube) then shout them out. This kind of "Urban Legend Fuel Economy" stuff really interests me, should be a good episode.

FINALLY! VEYRON+STIG+TG TEST TRACK = :w00t:

And this is the first time James will be doing a power test on the TG track. :D

And WHAT a first test! Pagani Zonda F Roadster!

It's like losing your virginity to a supermodel.

And I would also like more SsIARPC that appeared on the show before (who drove the Liana); Harry Enfield should be good and bring back some good memories! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wow, this just moved from "Pretty interesting" to "looking extremely forward to this one!"

Stig in the Veyron, James in the Zonda, and a challenge between the three. Should be a really good episode!

Maybe they'll use some hybrid cars, like the Toyota Prius, the Honda Civic Hybrid and the Lexus GS450h.

Fantastic - a whole episode dedicated to a challenge! No mention of a SIARPC? So just pure and utter TG3 :)

Edit: Just checked page 2. James in the ZONDA? Oh, yes....

Maybe they'll use some hybrid cars, like the Toyota Prius, the Honda Civic Hybrid and the Lexus GS450h.

no they won't. If u want to know which cars they will be using, look @ page two. It's alle covered in non-spoiler tags, so toggle that ;)

That's only if u want to know! don't say that i didn't warn you :rolleyes:

Greetz Jos

And this is the first time James will be doing a power test on the TG track. :D

And WHAT a first test! Pagani Zonda F Roadster!

It's like losing your virginity to a supermodel.

:):):):)

I never knew that about James never having tested a car on the TG track (having not seen much of series 4-9). Let's hope it's not another Countach moment for him. ;)

On a related note - I wonder if Jeremy is taking a break from such reviews for a health reason. (Darn that lorry. :lol: )

Last edited:
Can't wait till sunday :D

James in a Pagani on the track, that should be 'interesting', and the Stig in the Veyron will be very cool too. But I don't think the Veyron will take the Lap Record actually.

This

will

be

epic

Fantastic - a whole episode dedicated to a challenge! No mention of a SIARPC? So just pure and utter TG3 :)

Edit: Just checked page 2. James in the ZONDA? Oh, yes....

Yes, there will still be a guest; Harry Enfield.

Come on, you should know that every show has a guest unless it's a whole film like the first American road trip, the African trip, and the upcoming Vietnam trip.

The guest will be good anyways, he was on Top Gear before, on the first episode of "new" Top Gear. :)

Woah, I'm glad I checked back here for more info. This episode is really shaping up! I'm still keeping my expectations fairly level though.

I wonder how much James will try and thrash the Zonda around. We know he can do pure straight line speed, and after Finland he's learning to powerslide, but was this filmed before or after Finland? I would assume that after coming back he'd have some new found car control confidence in the corners.

I am really loving the extra focus on James this series too. Does that make me a bit weird? :D

I am really loving the extra focus on James this series too. Does that make me a bit weird? :D

Not at all. There was a distinct lack of James May in the last series (IMHO), and seeing as a recent poll on here for favourite presenter got him something like 57% of the vote I would say you are in the majority. (I'm sure someone will find the correct thread and link to it but I had no luck, sorry)

Funnily enough all the recent talk of the lack of car reviews on real roads had me thinking over my coffee this morning that his review of the RR Phantom Drophead is probably my all time favourite.

The Mole leaks a bit:

On the Blackpool run:
The Mole said:
The cars? Well, The Mole can?t reveal what they are just yet, but suffice to say they?re not all the super-modest, super-economical fuel-sippers you might expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.