Stupid Driver Stories

So fog is a perpetual occurance in Switzerland? Is that a result of the high elevation?

I had never even heard of fog rear tail lights until you mentioned it. Cool little strange things you learn.

I didn't know about it till I got this car, which has one. Not too sure what the reason for it, I guess it adds to visibility.

Rear fog lights (and front ones also) are only usefull when visibility is lower than 100-50 meters. But such exreme dense fog is very rare. When unnecessarily used while no fog is around (see my pics), they present a very unpleasant glare and nuisance to the drivers behind, especially when used during the night.

So fog is a perpetual occurance in Switzerland? Is that a result of the high elevation?

I had never even heard of fog rear tail lights until you mentioned it. Cool little strange things you learn.

I know mine has both front and rear fogs. Switch for them doesn't work but they are fully functioning. I find it stupid that they don't just put the switch in and have it work :mad:
Now I have to buy one separately to have fog lights.

I've nearly been pushed into the side of a semi trailer by a taxi who didn't check his blind spot (which is where I was) before trying to change lanes. It doesn't help that my horn is about as loud as a chihuahua. I also had an incident driving up a road near my house in the afternoon with no traffic, where an old lady in the oncoming lane decided to move into mine. Luckily she was about 50 metres away so I could jam on the brakes and the horn and pray that she decided to get back in her own damn lane before hitting me (she did, just).

OH I HAVE A GREAT ONE
Today I took my buddy Jill to see this classic 59' El Camino in the next town over and we were late getting back. The lady in front of me was doing like 20 mph in a 30 zone and I didn't have time for that bullshit so I pass them. On a no passing road, onto the wrong side. Oh yes I am an idiot. Then the slow lady said she was going to kill me. Oops. Jill thought my insanity was hilarious.
*accepts her idiot award*

I'm guilty of doing that too, I'm afraid. If anyone is infront of me and they're doing 30km/h, I get really annoyed. But most of the time, people speed on side streets, so not so much of a problem...

I've nearly been pushed into the side of a semi trailer by a taxi who didn't check his blind spot (which is where I was) before trying to change lanes. It doesn't help that my horn is about as loud as a chihuahua. I also had an incident driving up a road near my house in the afternoon with no traffic, where an old lady in the oncoming lane decided to move into mine. Luckily she was about 50 metres away so I could jam on the brakes and the horn and pray that she decided to get back in her own damn lane before hitting me (she did, just).

This is why I always try to avoid driving beside Semi's (and because they kick up rocks and shit) and in people's blind spots

I live in the North East of the United States (widely regarded as the worst place to drive in the US) so I have too many to post here. They actually pile up on a daily basis.

The one that takes the cake though is the idiot senior citizen who wrote off my almost mint 1993 9000CS when he made a left turn from the right lane into me. Too bad... I miss that car.

I did some work in a city that is a 2.5h drive from where I live, for some reason the people that lives there simply refuse to accelerate if they are overtaking someone. And of course we have the BMW drivers that don't indicate and don't know how to check their mirrors, I almost rear-ended 4 of them...

This is why I always try to avoid driving beside Semi's (and because they kick up rocks and shit) and in people's blind spots

:lol:

I would try and do that too, but at peak hour on a very busy Melbourne road (Kings Way) there's not much that can be done to avoid those situations. Other than take public transport.

OT, speaking of Kings Way, my boyfriend was driving to work one day and saw the body of that guy the police shot dead lying in the open.

I have 2 to add, happened to me over the course of 2 days, two very similar events.

#1 Last night driving home from work on the highway, I'm driving in the fast (left) lane, when I see a young looking dude in an A3 bearing down on me, flashing his lights, putting on his left indicator, etc, being very agressive and trying to get me to move out of the way. Now normally, I get out of the way of faster stuff, but it was a 3 lane highway and about every lane was going at the same speed, and was full, so even if I got out of the way he still wouldn't have moved much. So I did what a normal person would do and ignored him.
He proceeded to tailgate me so much that I could'nt even see his bonnet anymore.
After a while the traffic cleared up, and I booted it. I saw the Audi go backwards in my rearview mirror. At reaching 160ish kph/100mph he backed off a bit, but later tried to overtake me again, without much success (since i'm thinking he has the weedy 110 hp diesel engine).

After a while my exit is coming up, so I slow down and go to the middle lane, knowing there's a speedcamera.
Mr Cock in the Audi sees this of course, nails the throttle, and passes me (undoubtedly swearing at me), only to notice the speedcamera a bit too late, stamp on the brakes, but still get flashed.... I LOLed all the way home.

#2 Driving to work this morning on the backroads.
it was a regular 2x2 lane road, 90kph speedlimit with cameras at every set of lights. Out of nowhere comes an E class estate zooming by me at serious speed, I saw that it was a 320 CDI so it did have some grunt. I'm not bothered with him passing me, but since the road is rather empty I follow him from a distance. After a while he comes up to a VW Toerag (sic) driving on the left lane rather slowly, so he did the logical thing, and go by on the right side (which is actually the wrong side over here). I intend to do the same, and this pisses off the Toerag driver. He absolutely NAILS it when I get alonside (black diesel smoke everywhere), and because I know there's a speedcamera coming up, and we're already doing 120 in a 90, I back off. The Toerag manages to get alongside the E class after a while, only then they both realise the speedcamera, both brake hard (the VW managed to sort of trailbrake a bit), yet they both get their picture taken. Best thing is that about 300 m after this traffic built up and I ended up right behind mr Asshat in the VW, at a standstill.

some people :lol:

^hehehe, sounds like some healthy diesel torque fun:p

The most fun I've been having since I got the new car is finding ricers with huge exhausts and altezzas, and proceding to blow right by them with no effort. (Nothing ridiculous, just some quick acceleration and letting off before the speed gets more than 10-20 km/h over the limit.)
Sleepers FTW!

The most fun I've been having since I got the new car is finding ricers with huge exhausts and altezzas, and proceding to blow right by them with no effort. (Nothing ridiculous, just some quick acceleration and letting off before the speed gets more than 10-20 km/h over the limit.)
Sleepers FTW!

Its not that hard to beat ricers. One of my friends beat a few of them with a bone stock 1996 Chevy Suburban.

Today, on the way to school on my bicycle, I saw a car PARKED on a right turn lane in a junction. :<

Well the Altezza actually has decent performance to begin with. Obviously Civics and such are no problem.

I don't think he was talking about Altezzas, rather, cars with the Altezza style rear lights.