The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Wow that Ducati is fucking awesome.

Fuck! Ducati brought the pain with the Streetfighter. I want a price now!

I can guarantee it is much more than I can pay! :p
Seriously: I have no idea, but I know I want one. Bad.

Reason #523 why bikes rule and cars suck:

IMG_0265.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

Bikes always get better parking than cars.

Official Toyota Desmosedici RR transporter
236235_Desmosedici+RR+Toyota-1280x960-nov18.jpg._original.jpg

Japanese and Italian technology combine for new track day transporter.
A unique collaboration between Toyota and Ducati has produced one of the custom accessories of the year, unveiled at the recent SEMA custom car and truck show in California. The 2009 Tundra Ducati Desmosedici transporter ?an accompaniment for the Italian factory?s Desmosedici RR- turned plenty of heads at the exhibition.

Toyota built the transporter from their regular Tundra CrewMax, with the frame stretched to accommodate the MotoGP replica. A hydraulic ramp, popup solar panels for extra power and flip up bedsides feature on the limited edition accessory, all with the Ducati red and white paintwork.

Ducati lent Toyota one of the special Desmosedici RR machines ?a street bike based on the company?s MotoGP models- in addition to tools and leathers to test storage for the project.

`Toyota approached us for this project based on Ducati?s world-championship racing record and our reputation for the best in technology and performance,? says Michael Lock, Ducati North America CEO. `It is a partnership that gives Ducati some visibility to an enthusiast crowd that we otherwise don't normally reach.?

The most famous owner of the RR since its unveiling at Mugello in 2006 is Hollywood star Tom Cruise, present in the MotoGP paddock at Laguna Seca earlier this year.

....only the girls are less than attractive.

I can't wait until the inevitable videos of them crashing surface on Youtube. That, or one of the crazy Toyota Camry drifters takes one out.

Well, given the lack of proper gear, no gloves and the stiff-arm riding position, it's just a matter of time.

{Yawn} It hit 33F a few nights ago and I was out riding in that.... :D

Be thankful you people don't live in England. Thats nothing. :lol:

It's snowy outside so riding a bike would be no fun at all, more like hanging on for dear life at 30mph.

It's currently in the garage at my parents house as I only have enough place for 1 car and 1 bike in munich. So you will have to wait until around christmas when it's visiting and car switching time.