Random Thoughts....

I've been feeling like I'm stuck in a rut for the last few days. Bored, stressed, annoyed, tired... and we're also faced with a potential move to a classroom in the basement of the school building, where it either stinks and it's too hot, because the windows are nailed up, and if we manage to open them somehow, it's too cold. And also I've got exams looming, and that adds even more pressure. :(

I desperately need a break. And I can't afford it.

Last edited:
I've been feeling like I'm stuck in a rut for the last few days. Bored, stressed, annoyed, tired... and we're also faced with a potential move to a classroom in the basement of the school building, where it either stinks and it's too hot, because the windows are nailed up, and if we manage to open them somehow, it's too cold. And also I've got exams looming, and that adds even more pressure. :(

I desperately need a break. And I can't afford it.

Much of that probably has to do with it being winter, dark and cold now..

I sure feel more lazy and tiered now when it's dark as you drive to work and dark as you drive home from work.. Makes you just want to sit inside and do nothing.. :mad:

If you are stressed and annoyed because you maybe have to move to another classroom, your future looks pretty grim. Seriously, get over it. Everybody can have his bad days but do not let it take control of yourself. Lilleput is right about the autumn, bad weather, shortening of days but winter is a very cosy season as well.

Yeah we are sticking to the TG theme by being ambitious, but rubbish. A couple of the group and I now realise that its a retarded idea, thanks to a couple of the group. We found out as a foreign driver you have to have had at least a years' driving to drive in France. For some of us, that would be very difficult (including me - My 17th is in April, leaving me only 3-4 months to pass my test). As far as cost goes, I don't think some people realise quite how much it'll be, and the same goes for the amount of driving. I went on a driving Europe tour with family in 2007, and it was a LOT of driving thats for sure - One of them originally wanted to go to Berlin, Rome, Madrid and Paris. :blink:

I now reckon that yeah after Uni would be better, but some still think its possible. Some thought, right up until we found out about France laws, that we should do it in 2009. I mean WTF???

At the absolute most we may go the the 'Ring for a couple of days... But that is still pretty out of the question. Shame, but there isn't much we can do.

So I tried recovering anything from my drive by hooking it up externally, but to no avail... Some of the stuff was backed up, some of it wasn't, while some of the stuff on there WAS backups from my pc.

Luckily, I have a PC and a laptop, so it's not that bad... but, I use the laptop to do some important stuff, and some of that work's all gone.

Not cool.

Yeah we are sticking to the TG theme by being ambitious, but rubbish. A couple of the group and I now realise that its a retarded idea, thanks to a couple of the group. We found out as a foreign driver you have to have had at least a years' driving to drive in France. For some of us, that would be very difficult (including me - My 17th is in April, leaving me only 3-4 months to pass my test). As far as cost goes, I don't think some people realise quite how much it'll be, and the same goes for the amount of driving. I went on a driving Europe tour with family in 2007, and it was a LOT of driving thats for sure - One of them originally wanted to go to Berlin, Rome, Madrid and Paris. :blink:

I now reckon that yeah after Uni would be better, but some still think its possible. Some thought, right up until we found out about France laws, that we should do it in 2009. I mean WTF???

At the absolute most we may go the the 'Ring for a couple of days... But that is still pretty out of the question. Shame, but there isn't much we can do.

well, good.

before doing any major driving like that, make sure that you can handle several hours at the wheel in all kinds of traffic so you don't overextend yourself.

London > Nurburgring and back again the next day would be a good start. You don't cross France if you go via Belgium.

I'm going to the dentist in 15 mins, broke something of a tooth some days ago <_<

I... I need a hug.

I had a choice between two stocks. One has shot up 400%.
The other is down 80% since then.

Fuck. Me.

Ok then! First a :hug:

And then a :hump:

Just received an email from my Physics' IV professor telling me I passed ! That's one less worry for my semester conclusion which, I must say, is being a shitty one with all the professors secretly planning to f*ck up the students. :lol:

EDIT: forgot to mention that two days prior to that test I was a passenger in my friend's 206 when, all of a sudden, another car enters too hot in front of us at a very high speed and spins in the middle of the corner. Friend driver tries to avoid collision but looses control of the car, making it hit the sidewalk at +/- 70 kmh, which made the car roll over and hit a construction site. Luckly, VERY luckly in fact, I had nothing but a small scratch on my feet. The car was totaled as we hit an area of the construction site that kept debris and a very nasty beam entered the engine compartment, affecting air intake, headers, exhaust... pretty much a big mess. The body frame was affected too, but from the outside, it's difficult to imagine that all of that has happened.

Lesson learned. And, if we are like cats, with 7 lifes, I surely have only 6 now.

http://img404.imageshack.**/img404/6572/atgaaabtlkew2wqsogoidgfrn2.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.**/img404/atgaaabtlkew2wqsogoidgfrn2.jpg/1/w800.png

Last edited:
that's 9 lives, in english language use at least....

But lucky you!

before doing any major driving like that, make sure that you can handle several hours at the wheel in all kinds of traffic so you don't overextend yourself.
London > Nurburgring and back again the next day would be a good start. You don't cross France if you go via Belgium.

And I've just come back from a talk today on road safety. It is run by the government and is called 'License To Kill'. Basically it involves a morning being told about the dangers of young drivers. Watching a (very badly acted - but that was because they were all real people, not actors) film about a crash (based on real events), which was split up by small 5 min tales from paramedics, firemen, policemen, drivers, a mother, and a man dealing with/involved in the horror of a fatal crash. It was certainly moving. The mother was so close to tears telling of her son's death, and to see an ex pupil of my school (there were loads of schools there) struggle up with some help to stand and read very slowly about a crash he was in which killed another member of my school, and gave him serious brain damage and paralysis. The crash happened during my first year at the school, so I probably would've seen him walking around beforehand.
I come from a very good grammar school, so not that many people will be that bad at getting themselves into situations like these, but this goes to show, that it is still possible. The worst thing is that it was clear on the way out that a scarily large proportion of people there clearly would not remember any of this ever again, possibly even becoming more statistics themselves.

But yeah, the Europe trip is defo off, but if I could get to the 'Ring (and sort out a meet) that would be awesome.

Red Green: Well, I'm not gonna be calling the U.S. Air Force, Harold. What do I say? We've got a missile? They take that as a threat, we're in real trouble.
Harold Green: Well, then, contact the Canadian Air Force.
Red Green: Harold, it's after six; he's gone home.

I love the Red Green Show.

And I've just come back from a talk today on road safety. It is run by the government and is called 'License To Kill'. Basically it involves a morning being told about the dangers of young drivers. Watching a (very badly acted - but that was because they were all real people, not actors) film about a crash (based on real events), which was split up by small 5 min tales from paramedics, firemen, policemen, drivers, a mother, and a man dealing with/involved in the horror of a fatal crash. It was certainly moving. The mother was so close to tears telling of her son's death, and to see an ex pupil of my school (there were loads of schools there) struggle up with some help to stand and read very slowly about a crash he was in which killed another member of my school, and gave him serious brain damage and paralysis. The crash happened during my first year at the school, so I probably would've seen him walking around beforehand.
I come from a very good grammar school, so not that many people will be that bad at getting themselves into situations like these, but this goes to show, that it is still possible. The worst thing is that it was clear on the way out that a scarily large proportion of people there clearly would not remember any of this ever again, possibly even becoming more statistics themselves.

But yeah, the Europe trip is defo off, but if I could get to the 'Ring (and sort out a meet) that would be awesome.

You really must do this in bangers (something like old Ladas) just for the pure fun of it. I heard of a guy who drove around the world in an old Lada, most of the time with the exhaust held on with a rachet strap. :lol:

Wish I could join you in my SIII whenever it happens, but you would just leave me behind. maybe I should buy a Discovery then. :think:

During a discussion last night my roommate's girlfriend told me that she was bipolar, pairing that with some other stuff I know about her I went and bought a trigger lock for my gun this morning. She's a nice girl and I've never seen any really odd behavior from her before, but I really don't need someone blowing their brains out with my gun.

Breaking news: Ron Gettelfinger, head of UAW, is a fucking moron. He's still convinced that the big 3 can survive without cutting their absurd benefits packages.

Good man, wise decision. Wait till you've got plenty o driving experience under your belt for that sort of a drive.

She's a nice girl and I've never seen any really odd behavior from her before, but I really don't need someone blowing their brains out with my gun.

How would she access it anyway? Surely it has to be udner lock and key in a secure cabinet of some sort?