Pepsi vs. Coke

Pepsi vs. Coke

• Total voters
I work in a mall sometimes, and There is a fountain soda quality hierarchy. 9/10 times I'm at the pretzel place for a Mt. Dew/Pepsi.

Best: Hana Grill (Coke) (Plus, they have Barq's...mmm...)
Kelly's Cajun Grill (Coke) (Too expensive, and you don't get enough...plus their food is nasty)
Burger King (Coke)
Wetzel's Pretzels (Pepsi) (cheapest in the mall, once you get the mall discount)
Sbarro (Pepsi)
Great Steak and Potato Company (Pepsi)
Fajita Flats (Coke)
Worst: Panda Express...by far! (Pepsi)

I know for a fact that McDonalds and such use those machines cause they mix water in the coca-cola which of course makes it taste funky. I know they do it here but I have no idea what goes on in other countries.

If I want coke, I'll always buy Coca Cola, but usually I just get a Dr Pepper. Back home I usually drink Coca Cola Zero, because the availability of Dr Pepper is poor at best, you have to go to a special store to get it and it's expensive too.

One thing I love here, besides the availability of Dr Pepper, is the concept of free refills, that's great... :D

I prefer diet coke, but I don't drink soda that often, once a week or less. I find the Pepsi brands all taste really sweet without a lot of real flavour, but I also don't like regular coke much because it's so sugary it makes your mouth feel weird.

Coca-Cola was always good at marketing but the biggest hit they had is that "secret recipe" thing - which is of course a total legend ;)
I found some generic Aldi-esque cola the other day that had a list of ingredients on it. And if I could ever find it again - where I picked it up would be a good start - I'd list them straight away. I think one of them was carrot...

It depends. Coke is available is about 80% of stores and bars here, and Pepsi has the rest. So the chances of me having a Pepsi are rather slim.

Having said that, I hate anything "light", not because it's girly but because it tastes like sweetener crap. Both Coke and Pepsi light have this problem.

The Zero/Max on the other hand, taste relatively the same as a "regular" coke. I slightly prefer the Max, but as I have a rare chance to taste the max, I usually have a Zero Coke.

I just wish they could make it so that it doesnt create a huge pile of foam while you're pouring it, you need to wait for the foam to settle, pour some more, wait, pour some more, etc.
The upside is that you can create epic burps after a large Coke Zero.

Having said that, I hate anything "light", not because it's girly but because it tastes like sweetener crap. Both Coke and Pepsi light have this problem.

Same here, I think Diet Coke tastes really awful. It almost has no taste other than the aspartame to me. Coke Zero is a lot better, but I just usually go for a Coke Classic, it's the best so I indulge. :D

I found some generic Aldi-esque cola the other day that had a list of ingredients on it. And if I could ever find it again - where I picked it up would be a good start - I'd list them straight away. I think one of them was carrot...

You don't need to look. I have the Cola recipe in a book called "Lexicon of popular nutrition mistakes" - which is very interesting, btw.

DeMoulas Market Basket/Star Market/FoodMaster/Shaw's/Stop & Shop/Polar/Trucchi's/Big Y's cola tastes like someone mixed Coke and Pepsi together. I must admit it is very good.

None. Minute Maid FTW! :D

I like mixing everything from the machine at 7-eleven when buying Big Gulp :mrgreen:

^Minute Maid is owned by Coca Cola.