Top Gear Presenters on 60 Minutes Australia

Well that was a suprisingly good story. Interviews as well as really funny clips, had a good look at the live show, and they even joked around with the presenter. I enjoyed it.

Just watched the segment. To us, nothing new. But to everyone else, it was probably an alright insight into the show. They didn't really talk to James or mention the Stig. So really, for me it was good. Any TG publicity is good.

Theres something about Cameron Williams (the reporter) that made me cringe. I just had the feeling it would be a lot better if it were to have a different reporter. And it was really short.

Personally, I never realised that they took so many risks, to life & limb.
Such devil-may-care attiude, doing all their own "stunts", facing alligators & frost-bite.
Never occured to me before.....

Was a ok interview (if a tad melodramatic) but it would have been a million times better with Andrew Denton doing the interviewing. In a 15 minute interview he would have gotten Clarkson lying on the ground sobbing like a baby about his childhood pets aswell as admitting that he gets slightly turned on each time he hears James May speak.

well, i enjoyed it stoopidflanders :)

i'm guessing they focussed on jeremy and richard because james isn't coming to australia for top gear live. but yeah, no complaints from me. anything top gear related is a good thing!

/optimist

I watched it straight after putting my babysitting charges to bed and had to have the volume down very low, but as others have said it looked like a good insight into what Top Gear is all about. It was nice having them all around the table, and how ironic for Clarkson to be interviewed in a Winnebago.

Oooops, disregard my previous post. I forgot this was Final Gear, where nothing is ever good enough for anyone......

Well, in order to not disappoint you it was just an entertaining advertisement by a PBL company (the Nine Network) for an event ticketed by a PBL company (Ticketek) and staged at a PBL owned venue (Acer Arena) ... you're not going to get too much journalistic integrity in that environment. :|

Is anyone going to upload it? I recorded it on my HDD if no one else did and I'd be happy to upload or whatever.

I loved it - wonderful to finally see the boys getting some more recognition. I was pleased to see a bit of an interview and behind the scenes thing at TG live but yes, it could have been longer.

well, i enjoyed it stoopidflanders :)

i'm guessing they focussed on jeremy and richard because james isn't coming to australia for top gear live. but yeah, no complaints from me. anything top gear related is a good thing!

/optimist

Great, im not the only one. :)
I dont mind if it was an add that was in PBL's best interests. I love seeing Top Gear in the news for good reasons, not some stupid story whinging about something controversial theyve done or said, like what i heard on the radio the other week about Jeremy's truck driver comments.
I got all excited seeing the bits from the live show, cant wait till february. Ive got my tickets waiting, it will be better than christmas! :mrgreen:

Is anyone going to upload it? I recorded it on my HDD if no one else did and I'd be happy to upload or whatever.

I loved it - wonderful to finally see the boys getting some more recognition. I was pleased to see a bit of an interview and behind the scenes thing at TG live but yes, it could have been longer.

if you could upload it that would be great. I would like to watch it again

Had recorded it on the HDD recorder - watched it tonight. Thought it was OK ish... but hardly any news to speak of... just puff journalism really...

If no-one else can upload it I could do it at some point tomorrow.