S5
S 6
S7
S8
1-4,8
S9
S10
S11
The peoblem is the chapter hasn't the same duration as we have in internet (They have been edited for a new emision on TV)

I'll share this with averybody who whant this.....but he must share all the job done with me (For sharing it again and again) Don't matter the language, I'll share this in the spreadsheet

Could anyone have the chapters with the English tv subtitles?

I can help a lot of people

I have this chapters with syncrhonization

The peoblem is the chapter hasn't the same duration as we have in internet (They have been edited for a new emision on TV)

I'll share this with averybody who whant this.....but he must share all the job done with me (For sharing it again and again) Don't matter the language, I'll share this in the spreadsheet

Could anyone have the chapters with the English tv subtitles?

What do you mean with "chapters with syncronization? I don't get it.
Where did you get it, if I can ask?

Last edited:
Really I don't know how I met the girl who send this to me XD

She sent me an email and ask if I was interested in this :p

The synchronization means i have the subtitles (Not the transcription), but we have to correct the gaps and the missing subtitles.

We can try this with the Seasson 2 for example and test what we could do (I haven't try with this subtitles, but I know it had a lot of gaps as the other seassons had)

I think he's talking about the ones I emailed him. They were made by another person from repeats of Top Gear on Dave. Because Dave has adverts, the show has to be cut down to about 47mins, by removing the news or editing segments. The subtitles are not just transcriptions (i.e plain text with no timing details) they have been synchronised. However, they are only synchronised to the 47min Dave version. That means there is ~13 mins missing from the subtitles that have to be done manually. Once that's done, the synchronisation has to be corrected so that they last the full 60 mins.

Having to do 13 minutes should take less effort than doing the full 60. That would be a great time saver.

I think he's talking about the ones I emailed him. They were made by another person from repeats of Top Gear on Dave. Because Dave has adverts, the show has to be cut down to about 47mins, by removing the news or editing segments. The subtitles are not just transcriptions (i.e plain text with no timing details) they have been synchronised. However, they are only synchronised to the 47min Dave version. That means there is ~13 mins missing from the subtitles that have to be done manually. Once that's done, the synchronisation has to be corrected so that they last the full 60 mins.

I understand. I once used one of those transcript from dave, there should be missing the news and the s.i.a.r.p.c.
I could use them though. I'm making italian subtitles for newest series, but I can also help filling up the missing parts, even though I'm not so good understanding spoken english.
Tell me substopgear(SPA), what do I do to get them?

Top Gear

English subtitles for first episode of tweltfh series [12x01]. Of course synchronised.

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/161833283/Top_gear__12x01__-_subtitles_.rar

without password

Many thanks to both! :thumbsup:

(Tried to +rep you both, but I don't know if I succeeded. Got both the usual "Maybe you'll get some rep in return" message, and a "You can't add reputation twice in the same thread" pop up).

Please could somebody upload the subs for 10x04?????I`ve turned the world upside down and i hav`nt found them anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

Italian subs made from me and my team starting from season 10 to the latest episodes are here. It's the largest subtitle website in italy and you just need free registration in order to get the subs.

link to the site www.italiansubs.net
link to the subs http://www.italiansubs.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=27&func=select&id=744

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

English transcript and subs are available here every monday morning (europe time) after the sunday night airing. Sometimes they're messed up and hard to sync up, but usually they're jsut a bit out of synch. Anyway you can synch them from scratch using the txt transcript.

http://english.xnv.nl/

Free registration needed.

Anyway the subs on the websitd linked by etienne_ are a bit out of synch as well and i'm sure they come from the site i just linked. ;)

Hello everyone!
Does anybody has any information about the last show's subtitle? (I guess that's the s12e06).

Thanks.

Thank you all for creating this project.
I haven't read all the pages of the topic, but I'm willing to help by translating the english subtitles to Portuguese-PT.
I allready started on this season (12th) and if any other member is working on the same language, it woulf be nice to work in partnership.
I'll be aware of this project, for now on.:)

English transcript and subs are available here every monday morning (europe time) after the sunday night airing. Sometimes they're messed up and hard to sync up, but usually they're jsut a bit out of synch. Anyway you can synch them from scratch using the txt transcript.

http://english.xnv.nl/

Free registration needed.

Anyway the subs on the websitd linked by etienne_ are a bit out of synch as well and i'm sure they come from the site i just linked. ;)
I think some of you will have heard of the BBC iPlayer, the BBC's online TV and Radio 7-day catch-up site. Since its launch subtitle support has been patchy at best but that has now changed with nearly all programmes put up recently having subtitles for the flash versions. These subtitles are displayed on the fly by the flv from an easily accessible xml file. I pointed this out to someone on english.xnv.nl and they have managed to create an xml to srt parser which will take these xml files and turn them into normal srt subtitles. Instructions to retrieve the XML file can be found here.

The benefits of this are that its the full programme (no cuts for adverts) and the subtitles are synched by the BBC so there is no need to do that ourselves. However, I'm not sure whether its accessible to those outside the UK without a UK proxy.

It's still at a very early stage but the results so far are promising. I've tried the missing episodes from series 12 as a test:
s12e03
s12e06
s12e07
s12e08 (Vietnam Special)

MegaUpload link

I don't have the video files to compare them against but they appear to be very tidy (only a couple of bits might need corrected). They're not sync-ed to any release so you may find you have to use Subtitle Workshop or similar to adjust the delay to bring all subtitles into sync with your video.

I've just tried 12x03. Seems to be slightly off sync, but nothing that a bit of tinkering with Subtitle Workshop or Visual SubSync won't fix. Now I can start Spanish translations really going. Provided I overcome my natural laziness, that is :p

BTW: Less than 3 hours to the end of 2008 here. Happy New Year to all.