Who lives in a town/city where Starbucks doesn't exist?

they're practically a meal's worth of calories and a day's worth of sugar in a cup,

And what, pray tell, is wrong with that? I like calories and sugar!

I haven't seen a Starbucks in my life.

Nothing, I guess. I just like being able to see my penis without my gut being in the way.

You just need a Peniscope! :lol:

No Starbuck's here... not even in the area of 50 km around here. Also none planned.

Last edited:
No Starbucks in Perth. We are in Copenhagen now, and the only ones are in the airport.

My girlfriend wants to go there because they seem to be the only place in Denmark that have decent Soymilk.

In my Hometown Hilden there is no Starbucks, only a mcdonalds and a subway. And thats a 55000 inhabitants town. Though D?sseldorf has several and thats about 15 minutes away, but who drives 15 minutes for a papercup of lousy coffee.
If you want crappy coffee on the go just go to one of the major petrol stations.

Of course in Munich there are 10 or so of those plus various other coffeechains.

Caf? Nero gave me free coffee once as a publicity stunt once, so they automatically rate above Starbucks, Costa and all the others, irrespective of the presence of Grauniad-reading women with suspiciously thin lips.

Starbucks is pretty generous too, though. If you ever complain, about your drink not tasting right or not being hot enough or something, they make you a new one right there and give you a voucher for a free drink next time around.

I see people are still responding with negative things to say about Starbucks, yet most don't even live in an area with one. <_<

Starbucks is pretty generous too, though. If you ever complain, about your drink not tasting right or not being hot enough or something, they make you a new one right there and give you a voucher for a free drink next time around.

I see people are still responding with negative things to say about Starbucks, yet most don't even live in an area with one. <_<

On Nov. 4th they gave out a free cup of coffee if you told them that you voted. I suggested to my friend who's still a Chinese citizen to say that she did for a free cup, because as I explained, "it's not like they're gonna interrogate you or something." :lol:

Too bad the line was way too long and I was late for class. :cry:

LOL exactly :lol:
same reason we have no krispy kream
I MISS KRISPY KREAM, THEIR DONUTS OTHER THAN CHOCOLATE WERE SUPERIOR!

Start a fundraiser, our school sent us out to sell boxes of Krispy Kreems to raise money for our marching band. My mom always bought 2 boxes and would give me crap for eating those unholy rings of deliciousness because they were so unhealthy (even though she admitted that they were epic).

I don't think I've bought an actual doughnut from Dunkin Donuts in the last 5 years...

My hometown doesn't have a Starbucks. It's only 5,000 people at best. It does however have a Dunkin Doughnuts, and I have no clue as to how they stay in business since the only way you can get into the place is if you're traveling west. Not that I'd go there anyways. I've never liked DD.

Where I live now, there are three Starbucks (I think, don't really pay attention to these things). However, there is also a Tim Hortons. :D Guess where I go? ;)

I'm sorry, but I have to ask the inevitable.

Does anyone here have a real reason for hating Starbucks, other than it being popular?

I cannot really speak for myself, since I have drunk coffee about twice in my life. I just feel that it is overpriced at Starbucks. What are you paying for? The pretentiousness? Is it like Panera, you pay more to be seen there?

As for the wife, she dislikes Starbucks because she says the coffee there is very bitter. Now, my wife like to drink everyday coffee, but like I with beer, she is very picky and drinks to enjoy, not to get a caffeine fix.

She has stated that the best coffee for the price, is at BP gas stations.

-is loling- I have you all beat. I live in Washington, where Seattle is, and Seattle is the home of Starbucks. However I live about 100 miles north of Seattle and we have 1 Starbucks in my little town, and I can't count how many in the next town south of us, but in Seattle, I remember the last time I went we were amazed that there's a Starbucks like every few blocks. :lol: as well as other coffee places like Tully's, etc.

I don't complain cos I actually do like Starbucks, except for the fact coffee is all so expensive. I love coffee, and we have an espresso machine now so I just make my own :)

Also: Krispy Kreme is the bomb! It came to our neck of the woods up here a few years ago and they had to have police officers directing the traffic off the freeway cos so many people were going to get KK :) I'd go there every day but its a 45 minute drive from home to Burlington where KK is but there's always someone who brings some back for everyone :)

Last edited:
Not one Starbucks in my town...

However, within easy driving distance, I have...

• 3 Dunkin Donuts
  • A McDonalds
  • A Burger King
  • A KFC
  • A Subway
  • A Quiznos
  • And a Dairy Queen (that's currently closed for the winter, with my Blizzard craving raging. I want my Caramel Chip CheeseQuake Blizzard, dammit.)

However, within easy driving distance, I have...

• 3 Dunkin Donuts

I slightly hate you. The nearest Dunkin Donuts is in Berlin I think.... so only 6 hours from here. I really could do with a good doughnut, whether DD or KK I don't care, you just can't get em here.

[*]And a Dairy Queen (that's currently closed for the winter, with my Blizzard craving raging. I want my Caramel Chip CheeseQuake Blizzard, dammit.)
[/LIST]

We have a DQ right here in town, and a McDonald's...which is rubbish if you ask me. -attempts to mail you a Blizzard- -fails- ...oh well I tried. :mrgreen:

I'm sorry, but I have to ask the inevitable.

Does anyone here have a real reason for hating Starbucks, other than it being popular?

Yes. Their coffee is disgusting and overpriced.

The coffee at Starbucks is the same price as anywhere else I've seen.

You guys need to make a distinction between coffee and fancy coffee-based drinks. Yes, if you get a caramel machiatto or green tea frappucinno or something, it will be twice as much as a regular cup of coffee. But black coffee at Starbucks is the same price as McDonald's, Tim Horton's or any coffee/donut place.

But I agree, it's crappy tasting coffee. Most people don't go there for the coffee though. It's a decent enivronment to sit down for a cup of hot liquid... I don't get people who go in there with their laptops for hours on end, but it's a nice place to meet someone for a short coffee break.

I assume most people hate Starbucks either because of the stereotypical yuppies who frequent it, or because it's extremely popular (at least in North America). People tend to be critical of things that become so popular.

If you like coffee, go to a coffee house in Vienna or a street caf? in Italy once and you will never ever go to a Starbuck's anymore...

a lot of the sydney ones are closing down because starbucks isn't doing well in australia...there was a hoo haa about it a few months ago.

anyways, no loss. i gave starbucks a large berth and stick with drinking either at mccafes or michel's.

Michel's and Gloria Jean's are far more popularin Australia than Starbucks.

I cannot really speak for myself, since I have drunk coffee about twice in my life. I just feel that it is overpriced at Starbucks. What are you paying for? The pretentiousness? Is it like Panera, you pay more to be seen there?

As for the wife, she dislikes Starbucks because she says the coffee there is very bitter. Now, my wife like to drink everyday coffee, but like I with beer, she is very picky and drinks to enjoy, not to get a caffeine fix.

She has stated that the best coffee for the price, is at BP gas stations.

Not really that overpriced compared to some of the crappy little coffee shops, that sell a shit product based on "small coffee shop atmosphere"