**** UPDATED **** S2 TGA CONFIRMED

vspec_2003

Car(s)
BMW 5 Series M & Golf GTI
After the recording of TGA EP3, I had a chance to chat to Warren, and he is speculating that S2 is going ahead, We all need to give TGA a chance so they can start with bigger budget stories, remember TGUK started out the same way and TGA is the same, however it would be a shame that TGA was canned due to poor aussie support, just think how crap S1 of TGUK is compared to current episodes, Then Imagine S8 of TGA how good it could be if we support them and give them the valuable feedback they need.

I say give the crew a fair go because it has potential!! MORE SUPPORT MEANS MORE MONEY AND SOME REAL COOL EPISODES!!!.

********** NEW NEWS *********

Oct 22nd 2008

I was at EP7 tonight and it is confirmed !!! I spoke to warren again and he is "excited to be back next season".

Also the timing of next year may happen in april according to Charlie. So he can avoid his MotoGp commitments, he said it is challenging for him to commit to both MotoGp and other BBC commentary aswell as TopGear.
Although he is dedicated to TGA'S success this will only take the pressure off all his travelling from Europe to Australia between MotoGP to film TopGear

All 3 of them tonight are in high sprits only being notified hours before the filming that S2 is "GREEN LIGHT" I believe we will see more from these guys now they know that they have a job next year, Kudos to Charlie, Warren and Steve for giving it their best this year not knowing they were still employed. This shows true Aussie sprit and dedication to what I believe is going to be "the best Australian Carshow", I know thats a big statement but I feel if we give them a "FAIR GO" they will do the same for us.

GO BOYS DO US PROUD!!!!

From www.Caradvise.com.au

With the show green lit for a second season, SBS Director of Television and Online, Matt Campbell has said Clarkson?s support reinforces the network?s confidence in Top Gear Australia being a continuing, long term success for SBS.

Charlie being in europe

Will this mean he will test and review some of the european cars with a TGUK crew. But still ran by Aussies?

This means Charlie is back :(

This means Charlie is back :(

I wouldn't count Charlie's chickens before they're hatched. Series one isn't even over yet and there's a long way to go before series two gets into production. Besides, the ratings and audience reaction don't bode well for the man. Seems he's about as popular as anthrax-laced cookies at a school fair.

;)

I'd like to think of this as an opportunity for Warren to host S2 to 'fill in' ... only just forgetting to hand the reins back to Charlie afterwards ... :devil:

I think it might be a lot better if charlie wasnt the host. I want TGA to succeed would be great to watch a local TG that was of good quality. Unfortunately that seems a fair distance off. We will see...

I'm starting to really really like TGA and I'm glad it's being given a second season. I just hope they give TGUSA as much of a chance.

As to the people who don't like Charlie, the guy has some pretty major behind the scenes chops. He's a leader and an executive, not a bully like Clarkson. After watching his on camera demeanor, his resume is nothing less than startling. For what he's accomplished, he comes across as a pretty ordinary guy. I think Charlie needs time to make the show -- and the studio -- his own, and maybe some interview instruction from Michael Parkinson if they're going to keep doing the SIABSC segment, which they shouldn't.

The thing is, even though it says "Top Gear" on the package, it's not Top Gear. None of the guys reviewed cars for a living before they came on the show so making them do car reviews -- or at least expecting them to be good at it off the bat -- is a bit futile. I think they need to spend more time playing up the guys' strengths and less time trying to mold their weaknesses into Top Gear. Steve should drag the others into precision driving challenges and geek out on science stuff, and Charlie should make sure they go racing (a weekly absurd race series against the guest star or a racing driver instead of SIABSC would be great, with points for the best excuses for not winning). Warren is great on the show because he's clearly doing something he's good at: being a goofy SOB.

Two other changes I think would be interesting are more audience participation (having audience members actually do stuff, rather than just applaud and laugh on cue and fill up the studio), and get rid of the Stig.

I wouldn't count Charlie's chickens before they're hatched. Series one isn't even over yet and there's a long way to go before series two gets into production. Besides, the ratings and audience reaction don't bode well for the man. Seems he's about as popular as anthrax-laced cookies at a school fair.

;)

Mmmm... anthrax-laced biscuits from a school fair...

Personally I prefer cyanide.

Meh.

The better one is Arsenic. That one really fucks you over.

Cyanide only interrupts the electron transport chain. Arsenic is the one that you want. It basically pretends to be phosphorus and attaches to ADP. And because it attaches crappily it falls apart almost immediately.

So your body starts to go into overdrive trying to make more ATP because all it makes is the crappy substance.

And then you couple this with the fact that it goes about blocking the citric acid cycle as well so your cells go absolutely nuts.

The bit with the electron transport chain also creates a shitload of heat (brown fat is designed to create heat, except that it has an extra protein that messes up with the process by screwing with the proton gradient instead) which causes sweating in the victim before they finally die.

And to make this relevant to a car forum. They use arsenic alloys in batteries. Which are needed to turn the car on. Uhh... I guess...

Wildy... if you keep up with that sort of intelligence, you'll break the principle rule of television: i.e. that all members of the audience are meant to be stupid morons who aren't capable of using words with more than five letters and don't know when they're being fed ground up rubbish rather than quality content!

;)

Wildy... if you keep up with that sort of intelligence, you'll break the principle rule of television: i.e. that all members of the audience are meant to be stupid morons who aren't capable of using words with more than five letters and don't know when they're being fed ground up rubbish rather than quality content!

;)

Viewers Are Morons.

I believe my last sentence probably qualifies.

So he can avoid his MotoGp commitments, he said it is challenging for him to commit to both MotoGp and other BBC commentary aswell as TopGear.

I've got a much better solution to this conflict... Did they actually look at all those audition submissions, or was it just a publicity stunt. Surely, someone in there has got to come across better on-screen than Charlie does. At the very least, give Warren SIABSC, preferably give Warren the lead.

I've got a much better solution to this conflict... Did they actually look at all those audition submissions, or was it just a publicity stunt. Surely, someone in there has got to come across better on-screen than Charlie does. At the very least, give Warren SIABSC, preferably give Warren the lead.

Yep. +1

Send Cox back 'home' to Europe. Get an actual Aussie resident on the job. ;)

reading through some of these posts... I almost get the feeling I'm the only person who liked Charlie as the front man for the group... On the other hand, I can kind of see the point of having two race drivers as being a problem for the show as the series continues.

I'm just wondering... what did Charlie do that was so bad? Having seen all 8 episodes, I'm just not seeing anything that's worth "Get him out of there."

I'm just not seeing anything that's worth "Get him out of there."

Yeah, but there's nothing there to keep him there.

I'm just wondering... what did Charlie do that was so bad? Having seen all 8 episodes, I'm just not seeing anything that's worth "Get him out of there."

The problem with Charlie is simple. He's neither entertaining nor likeable, so it won't matter how long they give him. He just isn't a guy that most people want to spend an hour a week hanging out with. As someone said in a much earlier post, he's the sort of guy you just want to hit in the face and move on.

The most glaring example is the SIABSC segments - embarrassing and excrutiating enough you just had to make the coffee then (maybe it's better for the advertisers ;) ) but generally just plain annoying without being entertaining.

If you go back through the eight threads in the episode specific thread forum by far the two most common themes are that Cox is so annoying he has to go, and that the filming is beautifully done.

If I was a producer for Freehand and I was on this site (and surely they are?) then the message I'd be getting was that Cox wasn't the right fit.

I don't think it matters if they're a racing driver or not, it's how they interact with (1) the camera (2) the public and (3) the co-hosts.

Hey - Skaifey will be looking for a job next year! :D