Food! [The thread that started this section]

I made hollandaise sauce tonight. Had always shied away from it because most other things I've tried to cook with gently warmed eggs have ended up a scrambled disaster (ie custard) but this was SUPER easy and turned out quite well:

250g or 1/2 lb butter
3 egg yolks
juice of half a lemon

melt the butter in a saucepan. Place the yolks and juice in a food processor. With the processor running, slowly pour in the melted butter until it's all in, and voila!

Only thing is I think I overate and now the thought of hollandaise just makes me feel a bit ill.

http://img209.imageshack.**/img209/2272/n56391007948981359041qp0.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.**/img209/n56391007948981359041qp0.jpg/1/w604.png
Boeuf Salad.
My mom got creative and made the chicks on top.
We make it with chicken, though, because it tastes better than beef.

No, it's a home-made cream ... don't know the exact ingredients, but know that it's mostly mayo, and other stuff I don't know of, I think lemon juice goes in that too.

Aerosol cheese is an American thing, we don't have it here.

I find it funny that Euros always bring up cheese about the Americans. Is it because of Clarkson repeatedly referring to it?

Actually I love cheese, when it's proper cheese. I only mention it when I see something that resembles the aerosol variety, which is an abomination onto everything that is holy. :mad:

Yeah, cheese is great. I've never had the canned cheese... the consistency and texture must be horrid if it spouts out a tiny hole.

There's good cheese here, you just have to know where to look. I'm sure it's the same in America too.

I've only ever tried jerky once, and I hated it. But it seems like something I'd like, since I love salted cured meats.

What does deer taste like anyway?

What does deer taste like anyway?

Mmm, venison...

I really can't pinpoint what is is exactly. It tastes a bit like beef but it's a lot leaner and lower in calories and cholesterol.

I know that my dad shot a deer today (and my older brother lucked out and shot two on Sunday), so there'll be some venison to eat in the future (depending on when the deer get processed). I can probably get a better taste by then.

Last three days I've had KFC, chips, pizza, Mars Bars, Iced Coffee by the gallon, some bags of Allens Snakes, Cherry ripe, some Tim Tams, Magnum icecreams, and a bit of water here and there to wash it down. Nothing else.

If any of you are still thinking that a junk food diet sounds awesome...it is!

I had KFC 3 days ago after a long, long time.

It was fucking gross... is chicken supposed to be gray?

P.S. Tim Tams are awesome, they even sell them here.

I had KFC 3 days ago after a long, long time.

It was fucking gross... is chicken supposed to be gray?

P.S. Tim Tams are awesome, they even sell them here.

The chicken KFC use is the lowest grade of chicken you can possibly get, so if you want grey chicken, go there.

WTF? grey chicken? I had KFC today and it was certainly not grey :O

Had it again today. Certainly wasn't grey. KFC chicken here is supplied by Ingham, who I think are fairly reputable frozen chicken merchants...maybe?

Oooh, cooking thread. :) I don't have pictures of the process, but here's the end result:

doro_wat.jpg

Doro Wat. Ethiopian dish apparently. Oh so delicious.

Doro WANT! looks yum :D