The Finalgear rFactor Race Thread

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
If you've got rFactor and a steering wheel to play it, then why not organize, from time to time, some races with various mods and tracks? :mrgreen:

Anyway, this will be opened for planning of the first event, some time in December, probably a week or so before Christmas. We're currently waiting for the demo of the 1991 F1 mod for rF, and if it comes out soon enough, that's what will be used for the first event.

And, when the time comes, I'll also accept entries for the races. But please also notify me of the cars you want to use. No duplicates will be allowed.

What track(s) do you plan on using once race day rolls around?

Any ideas for the first three tracks are welcome. Feel free to repeat previous suggestions, as the most suggested tracks will be used. Mod will be the controversial 1991 F1.

And also make your entry for the race, with your rFactor player name and the car you'll be using. This will be a midfield race, so no Ferrari, McLaren or Williams. And maybe not even the Benetton. So stick in the area of these five teams: Jordan, Dallara, Tyrrell, Minardi, Lotus.

My entry:

Username: renaultfan
Car: Jordan 191
Driver: Andrea de Cesaris

Im gonna download now, look at the cars then choose :)

I'll take...

Driver: Perluigi Martini
Car: Minardi
Username: Loz Wiltshire

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm up to racing on this first event. I'm quite underwhelmed by the 1991 mod, now that I've tried it, and basically, I just don't find it very fun. Maybe I'll try and make the next race.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind doing the CCWS 07.

I do feel the same about the 1991 mod, very underwhelming. Not like the other classic F1 mods like F1 1988 or F1 1979.

OK, we'll do CCWS 2007 for the first race. Is a Dec 21st timeslot appropriate for both of you?

We'll work out the tracks, session lengths and all the details before that moment.

And we'll postpone the F1 '91 race until the TMF mod comes out.

Last edited:
Yep, Sunday works for me...

Well... it's probably going to be just the three of us, but it's quite a longshot as to two guys going for the same skins.

But if it's just us three, or, as a matter of fact, under 8 people, should we use some AIs to spice things up?

Probably would be a good idea. A race of only three people would get quite boring.

I'm an old LFSer, but I would definitely join and try it out at least once... if I had rFactor, which I'm not really willing to pay for. Is there a demo version that works online?

Apparently, the v1.255 demo allows unlimited access to everything rFactor has, but for only an hour.

I would definitely like to participate in this race. I think we should decide what tracks, so we can practice a bit, and what driving aids we're going to use. These cars are a bitch to control so we should get used to them.