Should I buy an iPod Touch?

Should I buy an iPod Touch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How much is it going to cost? Not cheap I assume...

I have the 16 gig it's a horrible mp3 player but great for everything else, anything with no buttons is unusable for listening to music in the car btw, so don't buy ANY touch screen mp3 player unless you can drive without looking at the road.

No they haven't, but the good news is that I might be able to pick one up for $226 and get the FM transmitter :D So can anyone tell me about the battery life?

If you use the music and play a game or see a video it dosent hold for a long time. but if you hear music with the ipod on standby it will play all day :)

I just bought a 8GB touch xD

If you want to conserve battery life, turn down brightness and turn off WiFi when you don't need it.

I already used most of my battery due to Wifi, youtubing and gaming xD

Yeah, but the user interface in the Touch is just amazing.

I don't know about the Canadian amazon site but in the U.S. they're selling the 8GB Touch for $210 with free shipping and the 16GB is only $270. Both of those prices are less than Apple sells refurbed first gens for.

Canadian Amazon = doesn't sell iPods period.

BTW, Staples [In Canada] is selling the 8GB touch for $229

Interesting isn't it, how trade laws screw the consumer. You have to wonder who they benefit.

I bought some very high end audio gear that was distributed through Canada by a Danish manufacturer. When they shipped me the gear it came with paperwork saying it was a professional sample. Somehow that avoided Canadian tariffs that they would have had to pay.

Canadian Amazon = doesn't sell iPods period.

BTW, Staples [In Canada] is selling the 8GB touch for $229

Yah, hopefully with employee discount, I can get it to be a bit lower than that. Still thinking if i should invest such a large sum of money into an mp3 player though (although it is an amazing one)

Great news! I picked up my Touch 8 GB last night for $229 and a (clearance) Kensington FM Transmitter for a hefty sum of $9.97 :D Needless to say, I'm a happy campter :D Thanks for all your help and advice guys!

You wont be sorry! :cool:

Any reason to not get the phone? then you can have the phone functions AND full GPS capability which is nice.

Any reason to not get the phone? then you can have the phone functions AND full GPS capability which is nice.

How much does AT&T rape you for the iPhone 3G plan nowadays? $75/month? $85/month?

I have an Iphone 3G and to be honest it is so worth it. Wait it out get a small treat like some chocolate and the wait trust me it is so worth the wait.