Simple poll, Zonda or Veyron?

Simple poll, Zonda or Veyron?

• Total voters
:lol: I just got neg repped from someone anonymous: "reven is gay"

I realize that someone is just being a douche, but IMO the Reventon is possibly least gayest car in the world.
It's ok. Someone negrepped me for apparently being too "ricer" even though my car is bone stock

Veyron easily. Zonda has an ugly shape, short nose and long backend. Good looking shape is long bonnet and small backend or a balanced front and rear, like a F430.

Veyron

In reality you can't have only a Zonda in your garage. You need a second car.
But you can have a Veyron as your only car. Everyday. All year round.

Greetings, lip

Considering where I live, London, I'd have to get a usable car so Veyron. But after a while I'd sell it and buy a zonda.

Veyron

In reality you can't have only a Zonda in your garage. You need a second car.
But you can have a Veyron as your only car. Everyday. All year round.

Greetings, lip

I'd have to seriously doubt that. The Veyron certainly is a user friendly car, but all this talk about how it's as reliable as a 1995 Honda Civic or something is completely unfounded, imo. I don't think their is a more complicated car every produced and sold in numbers then the Bugatti Veyron. It's got 16 cylinders, 64 valves, 6 cam shafts, 4 turbo chargers, and how many radiators? How many gaskets and seals? As well as a 7 speed sequential gearbox with all wheel drive? I cannot begin to imagine the maintenance on such a car. It would be better compared to a jet powered aircraft in terms of complexity.

And as much as I'd like to think VAG is perfect and none of their cars ever have problems, I live in America where VW's are built in Mexico and are the most unreliable cars in the NA market. There is 7 hundred million things that could go wrong on the Bugatti and I imagine it would cost an arm and a leg to repair any of them.

Yeah, but the Veyron is not built in Mexico. Also, it has undergone testing as extensive as probably no other supercar has. This thing is built to last.

I hope you 59 Zondites don't all want Zonda Fs. Because they're only building 50 of em. And half of em are slower than the Veyron.

Zonda.

The Veyron is slower and less brutally insane. A supercar should be insane. It should be impractical. It should be loud, thirsty, unreliable, and difficult and scary to drive. When I get behind the wheel of my supercar and am forced by law to drive at the ridiculously low speed limits, I still want to have a blast driving it. I don't want to get into a car that has the interior of a Bentley, with the smooth forgiving ride of a RollsRoyce. Driving such a thing at 65mph would be no more exciting then driving an Audi A4. No thanks. Give me the insane one that'll try to kill me.

Agreed...I'd much rather have something that I could reach my right foot over and blip the throttle at a stop light just to hear the ridiculously amazing noise it makes...and piss off everyone around me :lol: The Zonda would be crazy, all the time, any speed, anywhere.
I want a manual transmission, I want a naturally aspirated motor, I want something that looks, sounds, and drives like it's mad. :mrgreen:

If I could have any choice, I'd go for a Caparo T1, but between these two I'd take a Zonda over a Veyron anyday. Why? Because the Veyron seems so boring.

It's funny seeing how alot of the reasons that people cite for choosing the Veyron include things like:

Veyron has alot more horsepower
Veyron is faster in a straight line
Veyron is easier to drive

:lol:

I hope you 59 Zondites don't all want Zonda Fs. Because they're only building 50 of em. And half of em are slower than the Veyron.
LOL....like any of us will have even have a remote chance of owning either of these cars.

Last edited:
While this is a hypothetical question being asked on the internet, I wonder how many people who voted for the Zonda would give the same answer, facing the fact that they had to use it as a replacement for their current car. I think people have the most different thoughts about what "which car would you have" would mean in real life. That's an issue that should probably have been addressed prior to asking the question.

Last edited:
The Zonda is the supercar I drew when I was 12 and bored in Geometry class. Hence, I'll pick the car created by overgrown children who are certifiably insane.
A supercar should be insane. It should be impractical. It should be loud, thirsty, unreliable, and difficult and scary to drive. When I get behind the wheel of my supercar and am forced by law to drive at the ridiculously low speed limits, I still want to have a blast driving it.
I want a manual transmission, I want a naturally aspirated motor, I want something that looks, sounds, and drives like it's mad. :mrgreen:
This, this and this. The Veyron is truly an amazing feat of automotive engineering, but compared to something as brutal as a Zonda, it just seems boring. Who the hell buys a supercar for reliability, or because it's easy to drive? I want to have to bring spare shorts with me when I go for a drive. I want to feel every imperfection in the road and have to go to the chiropractor every other week. I want an engine that gives me wood every time I start it :lol:. Something that makes babies cry, puppies cower and gives the elderly heart attacks. That's what I want in a supercar.

The Zonda. it takes Big Balls to drive that. who cares if its not an everyday car ? neither is

Yeah, but the Veyron is not built in Mexico. Also, it has undergone testing as extensive as probably no other supercar has. This thing is built to last.

Still doesn't mean it's reliable. It may be reliable... for a 1000hp supercar, but that doesn't make it real world reliable. If you could get 50k miles out of that motor without a major overhaul/rebuild, I would be truly shocked.

While this is a hypothetical question being asked on the internet, I wonder how many people who voted for the Zonda would give the same answer, facing the fact that they had to use it as a replacement for their current car. I think people have the most different thoughts about what "which car would you have" would mean in real life. That's an issue that should probably have been addressed prior to asking the question.

Even if I had a Veyron, I would still have a second car for everyday use. I wouldn't ever want to drive a Veyron everywhere I go. It would cost a fortune in gasoline, insurance, maintenance, and in minor repairs. What if you puncture a tire? You think they'll simply patch that? I don't think so, you'll need to replace it, but will you really just replace the single tire? Nah, you'll get a full set. How much do oil changes cost? An Enzo costs a few thousand bucks to replace the oil, iirc. What if you chip the paint? What if you ding a body panel? What if you curb a wheel?

Hell no, I wouldn't drive a Veyron or a Zonda every day. They're simply weekend blasts through the hills/canyons. Driven just for fun, not to get from point A to point B.

Yeah, but what if you had to pick one to use it as a daily driver. Given all expenses would be paid, but you were forced to use it as your only car, which one would you pick?

Still doesn't mean it's reliable. It may be reliable... for a 1000hp supercar, but that doesn't make it real world reliable. If you could get 50k miles out of that motor without a major overhaul/rebuild, I would be truly shocked.
Well, it only has 125 hp/L, that's not too much for an engine with forced induction. Service intervals should be average.

Last edited:
The Veyron gets my vote. I'm awed by the amount of engineering that went in to it to make it the fastest car street legal car in the world currently. Sure it may not be the quickest around the TG test track but who cares. It has 16 cylinders, 4 turbos, 10 radiators, and can got 254 MPH.

Zonda. If I was to spend that much money on a vehicle, I would want something to challenge me, not a car that gives me handjobs at 150 MPH.