Am I wrong?

JohnnyRacer

So a debate about a car has come up on another forum.

Here you have a 94 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, only 8k orginal miles. Car is in like new condition. The dealership want's to sell it for $66k+!!!!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...5&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=313

Don't get me wrong, it's nice (well...I hate that color combo...) but the price is insane.

The debate is I say the car is worth no more then $30K US.

Am I wrong or are some people just being internet fan bitches?

It's worth what someone will pay to own it.

Ever since The Fast and the Furious came out the price of Supras has been through the roof. My fried owned one when that film came out and he immediately knew what would happen - it would become a target for theft and develop a notorious reputation for wannabe racers. He stuck a For Sale sign on it and sold it for about $5K more than it was worth.

Some people will pay that for an unmolested low miles Supra TT.

Well it is to some extent a car that is highly sought, but that price is just out there..

lol. I would never pay a) over 50 grand for a toyota, b) over 50 grand for a 15 year old car, but that's just me I guess.

^But that is an ultra rare Supercar, world of difference.

Ahh, the fanboys on the other forums didn't like what I have said....wonder if I should keep rocking the boat....

So you're saying that an unmolested Supra TT *isn't* rare? :lmao:

A Toyota in my book is never ever worth more than $25k. And no, you're not wrong, that's a stupid price, for a stupid buyer.

633129225409086428_2062294.jpg

15 years old, 836 miles on the clock, $250K. http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=379215

I win the lottery, I know what I'm buying.

Granted, 836 miles is very little. But even with a supercar, I don't think I'd stock much faith in one that old. I'd rather get an LP560-4 for that kind of money. But I shall think about whether there are any cars that age I'd be willing to spend big money on. Sure, I love the Countach, but buy it? I think not. Miura? Maybe, but they are severely overpriced as collector items. Testarossa? That's another maybe. But when it comes down to spending my own money, I'd have to be VERY rich to buy a classic car just for collector value.

2000gt.jpg

You know you were just asking for someone to post that :mrgreen:

I have no clue what that is.... Is it valuable in USA/Asia/anywhere?

And this:

800px-1999_Toyota_TS020_01.jpg

I'll grant you that one.

Spectre, is the XJ220 legal in the States? I thought it isn't.

About the Supra - 66k is a bit too much. If it was advertised at $50k then that would be a fair price...somewhat.

Granted, 836 miles is very little. But even with a supercar, I don't think I'd stock much faith in one that old. I'd rather get an LP560-4 for that kind of money. But I shall think about whether there are any cars that age I'd be willing to spend big money on. Sure, I love the Countach, but buy it? I think not. Miura? Maybe, but they are severely overpriced as collector items. Testarossa? That's another maybe. But when it comes down to spending my own money, I'd have to be VERY rich to buy a classic car just for collector value.

I have no clue what that is.... Is it valuable in USA/Asia/anywhere?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_2000GT

First Japanese attempt at a world-beating sports/GT car in the late 1960s, only 337 made, designed by Albrecht Goertz, first user of the M series of Toyota engines that resulted in the 7M-GE and GTE of the MkIII Toyota Supra

With regard to classic cars beyond a certain age, you're not buying them as driver's cars, but as historical relics that just happen to work, or moving art pieces. The Miura won't drive as well as any Gallardo, but that's beside the point; it's not meant to be compared to one. If you have the (to be fair, exorbitant) means to own a classic like that, you just might be tempted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_2000GT

First Japanese attempt at a world-beating sports/GT car in the late 1960s, only 337 made, designed by Albrecht Goertz, first user of the M series of Toyota engines that resulted in the 7M-GE and GTE of the MkIII Toyota Supra

With regard to classic cars beyond a certain age, you're not buying them as driver's cars, but as historical relics that just happen to work, or moving art pieces. The Miura won't drive as well as any Gallardo, but that's beside the point; it's not meant to be compared to one. If you have the (to be fair, exorbitant) means to own a classic like that, you just might be tempted.

Yeah, I realize they're not drivers cars, but the question is how rich I'd have to be to spend that kind of money on collectibles.

But probably not on the japanese e-type though, if I ever am that rich, I'll buy something I loved as a kid :D

Old supercars never are rational decisions, you don't look at them in terms of maintenance costs and reliability surveys and market price indexes. You buy them because you were obsessed with them as a kid and told yourself somewhere down the line that someday, any day, you were gonna own one yourself.

Besides, if you can buy it you can probably afford to maintain it. And leave it for your kids as an heirloom when you die, instead of selling it. ;)

Ass, see what you guys are doing? You're all having a discussion.

The other place you can't say anything to anyone without arguing or being insulting.