9ff GTT 900 (900 hp Carrera GT)

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
9FF Unveil 900bhp Carerra GTT 900 at Essen Motor Show

9ff-carrera-gtt-900-at-2008-essen-motor-show_9.jpg

9ff-carrera-gtt-900-at-2008-essen-motor-show_5.jpg

9ff-carrera-gtt-900-at-2008-essen-motor-show_1.jpg

Yes, the 900 stands for 900 horsepower. That's simple enough to decipher. But the extra 'T'? Maybe it's for tornado, considering the kind of turbocharging that is taking place here.

The details don't say whether its the same V670 turbochargers, those "variable turbine geometry" thingies, from the 9ff GT2 670 but something scary is taking place in that engine bay. The twin turbos added to the Carerra GT give the 9ff GTT 900 about 300 more hp than the production version.

Coming in what appears to be a less-than-flaming red, touched by matte black accents, 9ff kept this car a secret until it was revealed at the Essen Motor Show. The car also comes with a reworked bodykit featuring cut-out front wheel wells and a fixed rear wing.

No details on pricing or whether this car will actually ever be for sale. Hard to imagine there not being any regulatory hurdles involved for making it street-legal. It may just be for show.
Source...

I'll have a stock one with straight pipes thank you very much. I really don't think I would want more than 650hp in a street car...you just can't put down the power with more. These German tuning companies don't understand the principle of balance. Only a select few in the world actually make good cars IMO. Roush, Opera, Amuse, Spoon, and RE Amemiya. The rest are just blunderbuss' that are good for straight line acceleration and top speed. (IE Saleen, Ligenfelter, Hennessey, Braubus, 9FF, Mines, HKS, Renntech ect ect ect)

Edit: Check out this article on the Opera S2000. Now THIS is a properly tuned car. I don't see the point of tuning a Carrera GT, its basically perfect from the factory.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0611sscp_opera_performance_honda_s2000/index.html

The amount of work in that car is astonishing.

Last edited:
Best. Car. Ever.

Apart from the colours (black bonnet, WTF?!) and the rear wing, that car is perfect. PERFECT! Beats that Gemballa piece of shit by over 9000 miles.

I'll have a stock one with straight pipes thank you very much. I really don't think I would want more than 650hp in a street car...you just can't put down the power with more.

(...)

I don't see the point of tuning a Carrera GT, its basically perfect from the factory.
Quoted for truth! :thumbup:

It just seems wrong to slap forced induction on a magnificent piece of natural aspiration like that - almost a shame.

I'll have a stock one with straight pipes thank you very much. I really don't think I would want more than 650hp in a street car...you just can't put down the power with more. These German tuning companies don't understand the principle of balance. Only a select few in the world actually make good cars IMO. Roush, Opera, Amuse, Spoon, and RE Amemiya. The rest are just blunderbuss' that are good for straight line acceleration and top speed. (IE Saleen, Ligenfelter, Hennessey, Braubus, 9FF, Mines, HKS, Renntech ect ect ect)

Edit: Check out this article on the Opera S2000. Now THIS is a properly tuned car. I don't see the point of tuning a Carrera GT, its basically perfect from the factory.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0611sscp_opera_performance_honda_s2000/index.html

The amount of work in that car is astonishing.

While I also despise those Autobahn tuning measures, i guess there is a big market for them. I'd certainly rather give my (no longer existing) Porsche to Manthey for a workover than 9ff, but many of those companies could make balanced cars too. Ludicrous spec sheet tuning just gets far more coverage and seems to be the preferred marketing method.

I pray they didn't ruin the magical CGT sound.

Suprised they would use cheap silicone couplers. I expected welded piping.

Yep. First three gears are totally useless. Doesn't sound very good either, IMO.

I've owned a turbo car, several naturally aspirated cars, driven several supercharged cars. Naturally aspirated high output engines are the sweetest. Nothing like the feeling of just pure engine pulling you higher and higher into the powerband. With turbo and s/c cars, the forced induction takes the character of the engine away. That's why I am doing a 3 rotor peripheral port, naturally aspirated engine when I can afford it.

This is what you really want.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkLjCYjqGDU&feature=related[/youtube]

Kill it with fire!!!! Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Droning aftermarket exhausts?

That is pure Porsche V10 speaking there. No mufflers, no exhaust to speak of. Headers into 3'' pipe to the tips. Its awe-inspiring.

That is pure Porsche V10 speaking there. No mufflers, no exhaust to speak of. Headers into 3'' pipe to the tips. Its awe-inspiring.

To me it sounds worse than the original, be that as it may there either there's massive clipping in the sound recording or it's droning from the exhaust, AWE's own video seems to suggest the latter.

Snap oversteer anyone?

yawn... NA tuning in a car like this is just better than slapping on turbos...
plus they turned into a ricemobile with the stupid bonnet and wheels...

standard car will do fine

I agree with almost all of you! I've seen it yesterday on the essen motorshow. In my opinion it's horrible, to do such things to a CGT! :(

Last edited:
9ff is love...

this car is mean dirty nasty sexy love... me wants

this thing seems to fall perfectly in the love or hate category and no love for me.. it looks horrid and doesn't sound good either from the video.