Random Thoughts....

Hey, the one my family bought from Wal-Mart 10 years ago is still holding up fine, thank you! Don't denigrate the strength and dignity of the plastic Wal-Mart tree! :x

I'm sure you can buy a fine tree at wal-mart, just not for 20 bucks which is what I spent.:D

btw I need a good Obama full body photo, for the tree, we're gonna dress him up as Jesus.

Last edited:
never mind think I found something which will work.

Apparently I have 175 (now 176) posts in this thread. If I'm doing my math right, that's slightly over 1%. :blink:

:lol: so I went to an interview with a lady from DeVry University tonight.

Long story short, I think I accidentally got myself into DeVry. :lmao: I honestly still don't know where I want to go to college, or even what I want to do yet. But I guess I'd better decide. Now.

The way things look, I guess I'm going to college for web design. :rolleyes:

Woo! My divorce came through - all legal & finalised. Perhaps an odd thing to be happy about, but it's an important box that's now ticked.

Woo! My divorce came through - all legal & finalised. Perhaps an odd thing to be happy about, but it's an important box that's now ticked.

Well, I guess if you're happy then we can say congratulations??

fake plastic Xmas trees FTW! ours has lived for 5 years and counting.
Besides, you don't need to vacuum a billion pointy needles for a month and a half...

fake plastic Xmas trees FTW! ours has lived for 5 years and counting.
Besides, you don't need to vacuum a billion pointy needles for a month and a half...

Secret: Go to a grocery store and ask for a "banana bag." When bananas are on sale, and the store gets in a full pallet (4'x5'x6-7ft high) the bananas are covered in a plastic bag that helps them ripen (they are picked un-ripe to survive transit, and then are "gassed" with the gas they would naturally produce to begin ripening, and are kept in the bag to both contain this gas, and to protect from cold temperatures since they are usually transported in refrigerated trucks.) Anyways, you put down the bag, kinda scrunched-up like a condom, put the stand on it, put your tree in the stand, and cover the bag with your tree skirt. Then, when it's time to take out the tree, you remove the skirt, pull the bag over the tree, and viola! No muss, no fuss. Take the tree to the curb (or the bon fire), slice open the bag and pull off your tree stand, and no needle trail from the tree's location to the door through your house. Then, just vacuum up the few needles that fell around the tree when it was standing (not too many, but just enough to make the vacuum exhaust smell like a pine tree) and you're done.

meh... leaving for the states on Thursday. I hope the plane won't skid off the runway this time.

yawn* time to goodbye to my RWD hatch and face the evil LHD POS Honda Civic : (

Never mind I was reading wrong

yawn* time to goodbye to my RWD hatch and face the evil LHD POS Honda Civic : (

Can I ask why you have a nice car in South Africa and a crap car in the States? Aren't cars a shitload less expensive in the US?

I'm this close to having a job. The recruiter who I've been in touch with says that as soon as the office gets approval to make an official offer, they'll make an official offer. The wait's been annoying, but at least there's light at the end of this little tunnel.

{Hardline New Englander rant mode on}

Fake trees make baby Jesus cry.... The ONLY excuse for having a fake tree is if you live in a part of the country where they do not grow naturally. Anyone that lives in the north and can't be bothered to go get a real tree should be ashamed of themselves (i'm looking at you BlaRo).

{Hardline New Englander rant mode off}

sorry i just had to get that out of my system. I think choosing and cutting down a christmas tree as a family are probably some my favorite christmas memories plus you get an awesome pine scent for like a month (2 if you add some nutrients to the water)

I don't think the local trees here would make a good christmas tree

mes.jpg