Fringe

I just discovered this show. The pilot was okay for me, a bit meh, but it was good enough to keep me watching. I'm currently in episode 4, and it's definitely growing on me. Good show! :)

i've got the first 9 episodes of this show to watch and haven't gotten around to watching it yet. but its one of my must see shows. after i learned it was by JJ Abrams and Robert Orci i was definitely interested. i read the wikipedia entry on it and although i've avoided to read too much about it and the spoilers it comes across as being much like the X Files. this show and the Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles are ones i want to be watching but just don't have the time. on top of that theres the Star Wars: Clone Wars, new series of 24, SG: Atlantis and countless anime shows i watch...
ah well i can't complain, having too much to watch beats having nothing to watch

I started it recently as well, very addictive, and very nicely done so far. I hope they don't overdo certain elements like they did in Lost.

UPN and the WB are the same station now.

I like that it is finally starting to have a story that is directly carrying over from previous eps instead of each ep being self contained with maybe 2-3 min of over arching story line at the end. It really seems to be going some where now.

Yeah, but I hate Olivia.

I don't really find the show to be anything special though I usually end up watching since its on right after House.

anyone watch the season 1 finale?

just thought id bump this thread to say...

it was FUCKING AWESOME

that is all.

ok not really... im not gonna spill anything, but if you watch it, and you pay close attention to the beginning credits, you will realize the awesomeness even as the episode is barely starting.

It was very good, as was House. I liked the Peter twist quite a bit, which my girlfriend didn't see coming at all, so she almost shit her pants.

So, I'm watching tonight, and I'm a bit confused and peturbed.
Why is Charlie back? It's as if nothing happened. I've heard of people leaving shows without a word, but coming back from the dead? The man was tossed into a furnace.

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps this "special" episode was shown out of order.

Edit:

The strangest show on TV just got stranger. Rumors had floated around that there was a missing Fringe episode that had been filmed in season one but had never aired. Well, those rumors are true, and you're going to get a chance to see that episode.

The most aptly titled episode ever, "Unearthed," has been dug up to air in Fox's timeslot battle with NBC (Fringe vs. Heroes) on Monday, Jan. 11, at 9 p.m. There's no explanation from Fox as to why the episode was never aired, although their theory is "Is it from an alternate universe?"

What we do know is that the character Charlie Francis (Kirk Acevedo) is in the episode, along with the other regulars. We're assuming that since Charlie is alive, this story must fit in with the season-one timeline due to the fact that Charlie's character was killed by a shapeshifter earlier this season. Of course, on Fringe you never know. It will be interesting to see if the episode has any bearing on the show's unfolding mythology.

In "Unearthed," a teenage girl is pronounced dead; however, when her mother takes her off of life support so that her organs can be donated, the girl wakes up screaming in alphanumeric code. Talk about a rude awakening! The girl can suddenly speak Russian and possesses classified information that only a high-ranking Russian soldier would know.

Meanwhile, Walter (John Noble) finds some old lab videos that may hold the clue to the mystery, while Olivia (Anna Torv) and Peter (Joshua Jackson) investigate the girl's shocking recovery.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/lost-episode-of-fringe-to.php

Last edited:
Ah, that explains a lot. I was double checking the TV schedules to make sure that wasn't a rerun. could've used a better explaination from Fox, the ads for this episode just said it was new. So basically we have to wait till Thursday for the real new episode then.

it should be interesting if they decide to tie it in with the current story though.

Fox sure must have buried that episode in a shallow grave...

don't hurt meeee! somebody was bound to do it... /me runs away

So did anyone catch the "Inglourious Basterds" easteregg in the episode with the cancer-giving guy? :)

Gorlami?

Last edited:
surprised there isnt more action on this thread. really loving Fringe this season, theres been some incredible episodes recently with the episodes "Peter" and "White Tulip".

The stories for Walter are incredible, and in my view John Noble certainly deserves some sort of award when TV award season comes back around. Can't wait for the truth to come out (im guessing at some point before the end of the season).

Glad its been picked up for a third season.

I find Fringe better paced than Lost, each episode is more engaging and reveals information both invidually for the current ep and overall story, i'd praise it endlessly, but i find myself not wanting to because anyone who watches it know how good it is. It feels like the quieter show but from the ravings im sure it isnt :)

Nice to find out what happened to her arm :p and how long ago...