$7.4 Million mile-long tunnel complex under London for sale.

ok, lets buy it guys
I want to live there it sounds fun

I like light and the sun :p Don't u? :blink:

I'd never like to live underground. Can't motivate me do anything when it's dark all the time like now in the winter :(

It sounds like an ideal hideaway from zombies.
Everyone knows zombies/ghouls love subterranean things, especially tunnels! To get away from zombies your best bet is to set up shop in Switzerland!

They put it on the market just now due to the astute management thinking that goes something like this:

The property Market has gone down the toilet:

I know lets sell those tunnels there is so little spare money about at the moment, we are bound to make a, er killing?

ok, lets buy it guys
I want to live there it sounds fun

Sure, I have a few extra mill laying around with nothing better to spend it on :D

Oh yes!

A few more things I would add

• A new interior to make it stylish and livable
  • An arsenal, in case of ZOMBIES!
  • A command room worthy of a Bond Villain
  • Tunnel to the outside world from the garage with blast doors
  • Doors that make that awesome whoosh sound every time you open them

Well, duh. I thought all that was a given!

Everyone knows zombies/ghouls love subterranean things, especially tunnels! To get away from zombies your best bet is to set up shop in Switzerland!

Well, not exactly. It's just that those areas are forgotten when clearing out the area. Zombies don't have a preference and it should be pretty easy to seal up the tunnel area and just use small grated air-shafts that extend above the ground so Zombies don't fall in. Any place that is geographically separated from the surrounding area is the perfect anti-zombie stronghold. Mountains and mesas are ideal, most the locations of old castles were picked because the land favors defense.

The advantage of the tunnel is that you don't have to sneak around, worry about your lights alerting any Zombies to your presence, and you don't have the damaging psychological effects of seeing walking corpses or hearing the constant moaning as they assault the walls of your stronghold.

With enough supplies you could hold out for years down there.

I think it would be a great inner-city hold-out, but for long term living in a post-zombie world, I would favor a mountain or mesa that is accessible only by cable car and from the air. At least up there you could cultivate land and raise crops without worrying about Zombies being close enough to worry about.

Last edited:
The problem is, once there's a break (and there always is, zombies are relentless) in defenses escape routes are dangerously limited. If zombies pour in from the entrances, you can't exactly jump out the window and make a new escape route. Also, once an escape is required the entrances are going to be swarming outside, so it'll be hard to clear a route to the outside world.

If the entrances are all hidden under the concrete then there's nothing for them to pound against. Ventilation can be taken up through hardened concrete blocks about 15 feet high before you get to a vertical steel shaft that can extend as high as you want. Something like that is the perfect passive defense system, the Zombies don't even know you are there. Hell, you could even add a vertical ladder shaft to a nearby roof-top or other elevated structure for air-evac and resupply.

7.4M, eh? If all 31,468 finalgear members chipped in 235 quid each, WE COULD BUY IT!!! Alright you lot, who said that it's too late for camaraderie....

^ But after that we wouldn't have enough money to renovate it and fill it with cars/bikes/whatever

^ We shall simply have to "borrow" the flash cars & bikes from above, in order to "store" them, for free, below ;) How charitable.

Oh dear, it has access to the tube station, that would be a big weakness in my zombie security...

*tears up cheque*

that tunnel thing looks cool for dragracing.
It won't be such a dragrace as normal, more of a "who dares brake the latest" test

Wow, if I was a really paranoid billionaire, I'd be 7.4 million poorer right now. Evil lair, Z-day survival bunker, place to play paintball ... the possibilities are endless!

Oh dear, it has access to the tube station, that would be a big weakness in my zombie security...

*tears up cheque*

If you can afford $7.4 million, a few hundred quid's worth of concrete isn't going to be a massive financial blow.