Random Thoughts....

^ A warm Christmas isn't even Christmas to me... how do you guys get in the spirit? Or all the Oz people for that matter.

Even though I'm not Christian, the few years we had a tree it was a proper one. Plastic trees are just so ugly.

Woo! My divorce came through - all legal & finalised. Perhaps an odd thing to be happy about, but it's an important box that's now ticked.

I hear you. Waiting to get mine started (a few things were a higher priority, and we figured it'll be less nasty to leave it until we aren't actually living in the same house). Congratulations - it's good to see there's life on the other side. :)

I hear you. Waiting to get mine started (a few things were a higher priority, and we figured it'll be less nasty to leave it until we aren't actually living in the same house). Congratulations - it's good to see there's life on the other side. :)

Fortunately mine was quite amicable, which made things a lot easier. There definitely is life on the other side - I'm a happier better person than I was before.

^ A warm Christmas isn't even Christmas to me... how do you guys get in the spirit? Or all the Oz people for that matter.

I guess it's just a case of what you're used to - in Australia we grow up with a warm / hot Christmas.

Ha! Just read this, and thought it was hilarious.

The order in which a man should undress to retain a scrap of dignity:
1. Jacket
2. Tie
3. Shoes
4. Sweater
5. Socks
6. Shirt
7. Trousers
8. Underpants
9. Monocle
10. Driving gloves

This order ensures you aren?t left with any of the following that make the already strange-looking male form look even more ridiculous:
* Shirt, underpants and socks - no
* Underpants and socks - hell no
* Shirt and socks - oh God

Even though I'm not Christian, the few years we had a tree it was a proper one. Plastic trees are just so ugly.

Beer and a BBQ for christmas, what could be better? D:

^yes. Slush & drizzle > BBQ at Xmas. it's just not Xmassy for us Northern Hemisphere people

btw you're absolutely right about the order in which you should undress. dressing is the same but in reverse.
Having just socks and a shirt, but no underpants on should be a crime

{Hardline New Englander rant mode on}

*snip*

It's hard to have a real Christmas-tree indoors when you have a sister that randomly attacks them.

Can I ask why you have a nice car in South Africa and a crap car in the States? Aren't cars a shitload less expensive in the US?

Sure, because I'm only there in the States to study. And a small jap eco-box is the best car that any student can ask for. It's light on juice, cheap to insure, cheap to run and as a new car, chance of it breaking down is very slim.

But, yeah.... cars are really cheaper in the States, I'm actually thrilled about the fact that I can get a pre-owned 2003 spec S2000 for roughly $20K. It's just that I don't know how long I will stay in LA, so I havn't made any expensive purchase yet.

I'll see... who knows, I might end up selling the 130 and get a new car in the States. :cool:

Anyone that lives in the north and can't be bothered to go get a real tree should be ashamed of themselves (i'm looking at you BlaRo).

Asian people aren't even supposed to celebrate Christmas, so shaddup. :p

It's hard to have a real Christmas-tree indoors when you have a sister that randomly attacks them.

Your sister attacks Christmas trees? :blink:

Your sister attacks Christmas trees? :blink:

It's a long story, but it involves a mom who thought her children was old enough, some expensive old decoration, a tree, water, and a sister who apparently wasn't old enough.. And lots of lulz from her younger brother.. :lol:

New job starts tomorrow and I can't sleep because of the nerves :(

I can't imagine Christmas being cold (then again, I've never even seen snow, so I don't think I know what REALLY cold weather is like!). But spending an extra long Christmas break swimming and drinking...it's heaven. It's just a little weird singing Christmas carols about snow and reindeer when we're surrounded by spiders and hot weather with bushfire warnings or a storm in the arvo.

So I'm clearing out my colthes in my closet, throwing stuff out I don't use anymore, all good... but when I started I emptied one shelf, didn't throw any of that out, folded the clothes nicely and sorted it in little piles and put it back, but then it wouldn't fit... doesn't make any sence :???:

It's a long story, but it involves a mom who thought her children was old enough, some expensive old decoration, a tree, water, and a sister who apparently wasn't old enough.. And lots of lulz from her younger brother.. :lol:

Oh god, now you've made me curious... :p

[/creepy stalker-mode]

[/creepy stalker-mode]

[/creepy stalker-mode, gawddammit!]

Well, somebody got a hold of my gmail password. Obviously they didn't get into my computer because none of my other accounts were hacked. Apparently whoever it was was using my Gmail account to send out spam. The sent spam was showing up in my webmail interface, but not on my mail client .... which is weird, but once I found out about it, I changed the password. Hopefully my account is safe now.

But I still don't know how anyone could have gotten my gmail password. I only used the gmail web interface on my school computer 2 times ... that was it. The rest of the time I used it only on my computer and only with an e-mail client.

2 times and someone sniffed my password ..... scary stuff, kids ...