Simple poll, Zonda or Veyron?

Simple poll, Zonda or Veyron?

• Total voters
Zonda, I am not worried about every day. Neither car would be nice to daily drive, the Veyron is as wide as an Escalate so it comes to what would i have more fun on a weekend run. The Veyron would be great, but I think the Zonda would be better. And it's a true hypercar, the Veyron is a supercar on crack.

Hang on... If something it would be the Zonda that would be a supercar on crack; After all, even the Zonda F Roadster is just a refined and fine tuned Zonda with no roof.

i just need to clear something up real quick....

This is a Bugatti
Bugatti09.jpg

This is a Very VERY VERY well designed Audi/VW with a Bugatti badge pasted on it's nose
veyron-review-1.jpg

I would take the Zonda every time. I just think it is a much more evocative car it looks like it should be fast and mean and scary to drive. And if i am spending crazy money i want my car to cause traffic accidents because people can't stop looking at it

Neither really a house is more attractive to me these days

Remember you can sleep in your car..... You can't race your house

Wow, this is turning out to be a pretty close race of sorts.

This was actually a tough one for me. But in the end had to go with the Zonda. I'll take a Zonda F (Coupe, not Roadster)

Hang on... If something it would be the Zonda that would be a supercar on crack; After all, even the Zonda F Roadster is just a refined and fine tuned Zonda with no roof.

It's still a loony car, thus the hyper car tag. Lots of form beating function. The buggati is all function over form.

Veyron, hands down.

The Zonda is a fantastic car, no doubt, but it's a bit too mad for me. The Veyron is stylistically subtle by comparison, it's the car that doesn't shout because it has nothing to prove. Sure there are now faster cars, but the Veyron is still the Grand Daddy of them all, it has raised the bar for what Super Cars should be: luxurious to the point of opulence, powerful, fast, and unique. The Zonda is just a bit too mad for my taste.

^well, that's sort of the whole point of the Zonda.
Also, weirdly, I agree with your analysis, but the same analysis draws me to the Zonda.

Heck, it should be even madder, with added machineguns, and a boost button that reveals hidden jet engines!

The Zonda is a fantastic car, no doubt, but it's a bit too mad for me. The Veyron is stylistically subtle by comparison, it's the car that doesn't shout because it has nothing to prove. Sure there are now faster cars, but the Veyron is still the Grand Daddy of them all, it has raised the bar for what Super Cars should be: luxurious to the point of opulence, powerful, fast, and unique. The Zonda is just a bit too mad for my taste.

Normally I'm in agreement with you Blind, but we're at polar opposites on this one. For me, the luxuriousness, subtlety & non-shouteyness of the Veyron are all part of the reason why I don't think it's a true supercar, and why the Mad-Hatter Zonda captures the essence of what a supercar is.

Reactions: TC
There is a difference between a Hypercar and a Supercar. The Veyron is a Supercar, while the Zonda is a Hypercar. It's like the difference between a Countach and a 348. Both fast, both expensive, but very different cars.

Not saying you are wrong, of course - this is a matter of preference and there is no right or wrong answer.

Let's face it, I can get a KTM X-bow, or caterham seven, or ariel atom for 1% of the price of a Zonda, which will be just as exciting and just as comfortable.

The Veyron is just a whole different beast.

There is a difference between a Hypercar and a Supercar. The Veyron is a Supercar, while the Zonda is a Hypercar. It's like the difference between a Countach and a 348. Both fast, both expensive, but very different cars.

Not saying you are wrong, of course - this is a matter of preference and there is no right or wrong answer.

I've never bought the 'Hypercar' tag - for me a Supercar is the upper echelon, including vehicles like the Zonda, Veyron, Carrera GT, F40, Enzo, Diablo, Murcie, etc. I've never thought of the F430 & it's predecessors, the Gallardo etc as Supercars - which does admittedly create a problem trying to categorise them.

The Zonda is the supercar I drew when I was 12 and bored in Geometry class. Hence, I'll pick the car created by overgrown children who are certifiably insane.

Zonda for the noise!

Zonda. Veyron is just too civilised and controlled to be a proper supercar. I respect the Veyron hugely, but it doesn't excite me.

The veyron is a technical marvel, an absolute masterpiece and should belong in an automotive museum as one of automotive's finest hours. Which is exactly why I'd have the Zonda. It's all about fun versus awe. I'm awed by the veyron, but I'm also awed by the zonda in a more "what was that awesome feeling in my pants" sort of way. Its more fun, it's more flash, it's more out there, it's an external manifestation of the crazy son of a bitch living inside me.

When I'm spending millions of dollars on a car, my mother should not be able to drive it. A super-car to me should be loud and obnoxious, have carbon fiber where-ever possible, and it's supposed to attract the scorn of my grand-parents. I can actually see my grandfather enjoying the Veyron.

Nothing else to say :D

I'm kidding. Seriously: I like the Zonda for the noise and lunacy, the sense that such a car shouldn't exist, and therefore is a big "fuck you" to all practicality, laws and regulations.

Last edited:

And the Veyron isn't ugly? :p

Hypercar? Ugh. I don't think we've entered an "hypercar era" just yet. Supercar was coined to describe those sportscars that are vastly better performers than their contemporary colleagues. And accordingly, hypercar, then, should be those select few supercars that vastly outperform its fellow supercar brethren...which I doubt any supercar fits that definition looking at today's field of supercars....although the Caparo T1 comes quite close and if I had to say...that's the 1 supercar that comes close to "hypercar" status (a full 7 seconds faster than the Apollo on the TG track with 3 times the cornering ability of even a respected supercar).

So then the question becomes what constitutes performance? Does it include leather and diamonds? Or maybe the traditional definition of the word supercar is changed to include GT cars like the Veyron, as many have done.

I'll take a chrome Veyron with an interior styled by Pagani. Or Spyker.

I'm an 18 year old who follows F1, so I'm a sucker for exposed carbon fibre.

I'm also a sucker for engine noise.

The Bugatti is too refined for me, its not a hooligan showy car at all, while the Zonda is, emphatically.

Also the Bugatti looks too... round and fat.

easy. Zonda.

The Veyron is a technical showcase

The Zonda is an art masterpiece.

If I cared about racing tracks, or owned one, I'd choose the Zonda.

I can imagine myself taking the Veyron for a spin across Europe. So, Veyron it is.

What do I win?

It has that distinctive new cat smell.