Clarkson: Clarkson on Moyles 4/12/08

7:11 - "Jeremy Clarkson will be on the show later" - but there's no indication of when. And now they're playing a bizarre English robotic-voice version of Dragostea Tin Dei...

WHat's happening with the DAB stream is that the "Stereo Out" isn't working - I get a weak stream where all the speech is turned into digital spluttering noises. While some might say this is a great way to silence both Chris Moyles and the curly-headed thug, that isn't the point of what I'm trying to do here! It's not a signal problem as the signal quality is rarely dipping below 100%. I've tried using the microphone input, and all the speech is at least audible, but is accompanied by the 50 Hz buzz of the power transformer, the lights, etc etc etc. So that's no good either. I think I'm going to have to sample the VHS recording later, as that's pretty much failsafe, so, patience on this one!

Unless upyourego gets it out first, obviously...

He's arrived!

EDIT: The stream just died - WTF :cry:

EDIT2: Back up again I think...

Last edited:
A further update. I've looked on itv.com and, because This Morning is on from 10:30 - 12:30, and then Simon Mayo is on from 1:00 - 4:00, it's going to be a while before I can do the edits. Especially as I'm supposed to be in Leeds this evening, so it'll be tomorrow before I can get round to it.

If upyourego beats me to it, so be it; I'll be keeping an eye on his site. I intend to add in a few extra TG-related soundbites from the Moyles show rather than just the Jezza interview.

Right! It is 6:52 am on 4th December and I am listening to the Chris Moyles show. No Clarkson yet
He's on after 8am.

In other words, about five minutes.
I'm having problems recording the output from DAB, with no idea why, but I will, as I said, have a VHS recording as a backup. I will not let you down, people!
You don't need to record and post it.
The BBC post a 'listen again' thing on their interweb after the show.

I just managed to get the stream going. Has Clarkson been on air yet?

Edit: It appears he will be soon :)

You don't need to record and post it.
The BBC post a 'listen again' thing on their interweb after the show.
I don't trust it, especially after the rigmarole of trying to download Andy Wilman's comments on Points Of View after the 12x01 Clarkson shitstorm. And anything on iPlayer will be at a shocking bitrate and it'll expire after a few days. By all means listen to it there if you can't wait for my rip, but I'm angling for a longer shelf life. upyourego's site still has interviews that are a year old.

Clarkson is on! And it's true, he's lost his voice!

And there's been a funny Moyles joke! from last night's Carling Cup match between Manchester United and Blackburn Rovers...
When the Blackburn fans were chanting "Ince out! Ince out!" last night, did the Man U fans respond with "Shake it all about!"?

Anyone recording?

Pannini Zonda :rofl:

Could the BBC make their online player and web site any more annoying and unnavigable than it currently is?

Harry Rednap apparently is the manager of 'spurs now :tumbleweed:

Harry Rednap apparently is the manager of 'spurs now :tumbleweed:
...and has been for a month or so, to howls of derision from Portsmouth fans.

Back on topic, upyourego's contribution of Hammond On Moyles was about 50 minutes long, so Jezza might be on until 9:15-9:30 or so.

I've looked on thebox.bz and the last This Morning capped was in late October, so I'll have to record that and - somehow - make a VHS rip, maybe with outside assistance. I was going to try and edit the Moyles show before This Morning came on, but there won't be time. It will definitely be tomorrow before I can do any editing.

Last edited: