The Funny Maths Thread.. which sometimes contains mildly amusing pictures

The most annoying thing are the buyers. They keep hammering on the fact that it's so much better than anything else on the market, but mostly it's just regular hardware in a nice casing.
You know, the kind of people that designs stuff, hangs "art" on their walls and wears expensive glasses.

-oh, this apple I bought for a gazillion euros is s? good for photoshopping!
-erm kiddo, its just regular intel hardware like in my acer/dell/selfbuilt system
-it's really good, you know. I want to add extra memory, it's only 50 euro
-sure you can't just buy a regular memory module for, like, half the money?
-nah the Apple memory is worth the price you know, it makes it much faster
-yeah, but, it's just regular DDR2 memory.
-Check out that fantastic 24 inch screen on my Imac. Isn't that futuristic?
-I have a Dell 24 incher for over two years which isn't hardwired to some stupid aging hardware
-Check out that aluminium dude! Isn't the design fantastic?
-Did you really need to buy those terribly expensive speakers which sound like rubbish? Better bought a second-hand stereo kit with that money
-I wanted them to fit with my Imac, you know

You know, the kind of people that designs stuff, hangs "art" on their walls and wears expensive glasses....

Not really, I have two framed motorsport posters, I don't wear glasses, and I've been putting off buying a new pair of shoes, which I desperately need, for nearly two months, although I do design stuff.

I just bought a Mac because it's easy to use, extremely low maintenance, and very reliable. Everything works and it's extremely ergonomic, and I don't have to worry about upgrading RAM and virus protection and all that BS, because for me all those little nerdy things you need to know to keep up and operate a PC is worse than cloths shopping. But if you like your PC mor power to you, I really couldn't give a shit what computers other people use.

I wasn't aiming at you, I don't think any of the people I described come on this forum. They are too busy being artistic and different.

One thing I've found about the 24" iMacs that should be noted is that there are only two real screens that use the same panel and both cost more than the iMac (where you get all the other hardware included). It's a very VERY good screen, but the rest of it still sucks. Like the rear mounted USB drives (there being only 2 of them), no hardware buttons to control the screen, not to mention that stupid keyboard and mighty mouse and of course the operating system. So yeah... screen only.

And how do the Apple fanboys brush off the iPhone's lack of proper Bluetooth, in 2008?

That means no 3G modem on your laptop, no wireless transfers between your phone and PC, no stereo wireless headphones, no wireless printing....

And why would you need memory cards? The iPhone currently maxes out at 16gb, and if you haven't heard SDHC cards go much higher than 2gb. If it had the slot, you could effectively double your storage capacity.

And D-Fence thinks the haters are the blind ones. Open your eyes, get past the eye candy and you'll see the huge features missing on the supposedly greatest phone of all time.

I for one love my phone, and know that there are some viable alternatives out there that do some stuff better than this one. But my decission was based on price, it was cheaper to get the iPhone than any other one.

Oh, and I hate Macs and iPods, precisely from hearing people raving on about how much better they are.
For example some dude at uni was doing some CAD homework for a basic drawing course on his Crapbook, I for one was doing some serious engineering with thermal analysis and isothermal graphs and such.
He looked over, said "why don't you use a mac for CAD, they're soooo much better".
-"No thanks, this PC is one of the few that I've been able to handle this kind of simulation without trouble, and this isn't CAD, it's much much more". (It really is, I don't know what my PC does, but it doesn't even hesitate or freeze even when I try to make it cry and spit it brains out from overloading)
-"Yeah, but a Mac should do it faster"
-"I can't even do it, there's no decent plug-in for thermal analysis on a mac-CAD software. And please, you're distracting me"
Moments later, his CAD software froze, he had to quit and lose all his work, when it happened twice, I offered him my PC (I was already done with work), he finished his homework, my good'ol trusty PC didn't even freeze.

"Want me to throw this away for you? It surely won't be of any use in the years of ME you have left..."

That's exactly how I feel. I've always disliked Apple products because they're just too expensive and not really better. The iPod Touch though is probably one of the best MP3 players that I've ever bought.

I have always hated Apple but more because of the mindset of the buyers and their rampant fanboyism.
In my mind Apple is a bit like Bang&Olufsen, design over function.

Don't get me wrong, I love overpriced designer items as much as anyone else, but usually they don't go around trying to convince everybody that their new vertu mobile phone makes them superior to everyone else, and shoves it in their faces. Apple users just can't shut up about it.

The frequent signature "This post was composed on a Mac" alone pisses me off. Who gives a crap?!

Btw, I don't have a vertu.

What the hell happened in here?

Isn't this the "Funny Picture Thread"?

Edit: :lmao: @ ice's post. I remember when that came out.

Last edited:
Wow...that's like from...what...2001? CRT, jelly-colored iMacs. :p "OMG!! No floppy drive? WTF!"

Random funny picture as we're losing this thread, doctor.

heavyfine.jpg

grandma-with-attitude-450x413.jpg

11052.jpg

"Honey...I'm going to be late coming home. Looks like there's a little traffic up ahead, so keep a plate warm for...for...dear sweet jesus. Tell the children I love them."
thecolony.jpg

Windows 2000 sucked but we're not dragging out nine year old videos to prove a point are we?
I think you mean Windows ME. Windows 2000 was great. Windows XP is basically Windows 2000 with a fisher price interface and it's currently the most solid platform Microsoft has.

And, besides, that is by far the best "Mac's suck" video ever made :lol:

Repost? Yes. Appropriate? Yes.

20a85f8.jpg

I <3 my iTouch mIpud.

As a graphic design major, I gotta say...whoever did that (and I completely agree, goddamn hipster douchebags) should have taken the time to find the RIGHT FREAKIN' FONT to replicate the message. People, it's Myriad Pro, it's not that uncommon of a sans-serif. :p

Ironically enough, it comes standard on all - you guessed it! - Apple computers.

As a graphic design major, I gotta say...whoever did that (and I completely agree, goddamn hipster douchebags) should have taken the time to find the RIGHT FREAKIN' FONT to replicate the message. People, it's Myriad Pro, it's not that uncommon of a sans-serif. :p

Ironically enough, it comes standard on all - you guessed it! - Apple computers.

It was probably a quick and dirty on some Fark or Digg forum where someone wanted to be funny. I agree though.