TopGear.com Makes Video Clips UK Only

Oh shut up really, anyways there are a few options, you can watch Gear when you finally get it on behalf on BBC Worldwide or you can buy it off iTunes, so the BBC gets some money. On you could just buy the DVDs, etc. You can't just say theres no options there's plenty.

Places like Hong Kong doesn't have any iTunes services:(

Although one of the local FTA firm ATV did buy the rights of the full version of Top Gear, but we never know when they will broadcast it. I remember they did finish showing season 10, but they did not tell us that will they show the next season. The Chinese Top Gear MAG told us that ATV will screen Top Gear again, but we never know when<_<

Also, ATV have provided crappy Chinese subtitles, which we never understands the British joke... and they never examined what is the accurate spelling of a car's model name, once, they spelled Lamborghini with some other weird alphabets....:?

If the BBC were consequent, the next step would be to shut off the satellite while airing Top Gear, so no one who hasn't paid in Britain for the honor to watch BBC, can watch it.

Oh wait... then they couldn't say anymore that it's the most successful show in the world. Reality's a bitch sometimes...

Honestly: Messing with the fans has always been a lose-lose situation for anybody... especially in times of the internet.

By the way: I would much rather buy the Top Gear seasons on DVD - if they were available on DVD. I've been wondering for some time already, why the BBC did not discover this source of making money yet... With subtitles and without the silly "beep" censorship it would reach an even bigger audience.

Last edited:
"Looks like we?re going to have to start mirroring the videos or something so people like me who are outside of the UK can watch them."

Sorry for the newbie question, but how do you "mirror the videos"?

Get me the clips, and I will host them on my site

Get me the clips, and I will host them on my site

I'm glad they've done this, we have to pay a ?100 a year for the BBC and you lot are watching a show for free that's financed by the population of the UK's money. I hope it's not a bug if they do come back I defiantly gonna complain. If you lot from other countries are willing to pay a ?100 then your welcome to watch, perhaps they should setup a system like that.

What the hell dude? I would pay for Top Gear. However, there is no way for me to do it. They just don't offer them at all.

Alot of people have the same frustration.

and Viper, If you guys find a way to get your hands on the pieces that we now have to miss out on, let me know, and I can put them up on my site. I already have all the episodes of Top Gear itself on there, and I would have no problem going through the extra effort to throw up the uncensored news clips and what not.

dustinh13, the currently released news and outtakes are on an FTP and there are http links, check the Video Requests and Video Offers sections

thealexweb prolly works for the BBC

thealexweb prolly works for the BBC

Oh shut up really, anyways there are a few options, you can watch Gear when you finally get it on behalf on BBC Worldwide or you can buy it off iTunes, so the BBC gets some money. On you could just buy the DVDs, etc. You can't just say theres no options there's plenty.

Buy it on iTunes? Seriously, There is only part of one season, and I refuse to buy from the DRM'ed iTunes crap, and this is coming from a devoted mac user.

BBC worldwide isn't offered on any of my local providers.

Buy the DVD's? You show me where the hell I can buy full seasons on DVD and I will be there in a heartbeat. THEY DON'T SELL FULL SEASONS ON DVD.

As an avid BBC fanatic, you should already know this.

dustinh13, the currently released news and outtakes are on an FTP and there are http links, check the Video Requests and Video Offers sections

I forgot about the FTP's

...........downloading

I will put up a page on my site with all the extras probably by the end of the day.

The link will be at the bottom of the page of the current season

This sucks.... at least there is going to be an Australia page so I can watch some of them soon. Feel really sorry for all of you guys who won't get a country page for a while :(

I tried buying top gear seasons off iTunes, but they are UK only.... what else is new?

UK PROXY SERVER

UK PROXY SERVER

Manny foreign sites block streaming to other markets. Fortunately it's an easy fix.
Start googgling "UK PROXY SERVER" and or "anonymizer". You may have to pay a couple of bucks unless you "Know' people. eg. (UK ISP)
Cheers
;)

Manny foreign sites block streaming to other markets. Fortunately it's an easy fix.
Start googgling "UK PROXY SERVER" and or "anonymizer". You may have to pay a couple of bucks unless you "Know' people. eg. (UK ISP)
Cheers
;)

The BBC has thought of this, if the BBC websites aren't 100% sure of where you are they assume your not in the UK.

my man, this planet would be much a nicer place to live without morans like you...

to the others: the way around this small "difficulty" is very simple: get yourself an anonymous uk-proxy (just google for a one)... works just perfect...

cheers

my man, this planet would be much a nicer place to live without morans like you...

to the others: the way around this small "difficulty" is very simple: get yourself an anonymous uk-proxy (just google for a one)... works just perfect...

cheers

Could say the same about you, at least I backup my views with some sort of argument, you appear to complain for no apparent reason.

Can't you just goto one of those 'proxy' sites - imparticular one that is based in the UK - and then watch the video like that?

Don't try using Proxy sites at work, you could get into trouble with your IT dep't (I'm an IT guy myself - so I thought I'd add that in)
e: looks like reading only page one wasn't enough - page 2 has the answers :)

Could say the same about you, at least I backup my views with some sort of argument, you appear to complain for no apparent reason.

Why would you want to prohibit the rest of us from watching one of "your" TV shows? I don't understand why this is a problem for you. So you have to pay to see it......at least you have the option. We (the internet community)on the other hand are the main reason that this show is as popular as it is......not because of you UK blokes.

BBC.....please allow us all to view the content on your site. By not allowing us all the access to the content, you are forcing the fans to find other means to view the videos and thus are not getting the additional exposure for the other types of content.

I myself have gotten an "official" Stig t-shirt from the BBC site, if you had not allowed me access to this site to see the out-take videos it would not have happened.

Even if we do or don't get TG, in Australia they don't show the scenes that were cut so if someone in the UK is paying for it, that's a UK problem and not what we're griping about. This started as a gripe that included the fact we can no longer watch the bloopers. Even in the UK, I'll bet you don't pay for the bloopers because they're not usually screened - sheesh. Anyway, I'm in Australia, one full series behind the UK in the actual show and so we're missing out on everything now. Come on BBC and Andy, do something better than sticking it to us. Remember TG Australia - bad as it was? Fans will walk in droves if you start treating us this badly.