Looking for a new flat panel LCD monitor

xicedlovexoxo

Car(s)
2008 Subaru Impreza
So, I'm looking to buy a new LCD flat panel monitor for my computer - not because I need a new one but because I want to run a dual - monitor setup. :mrgreen:

Right now I have a wide screen 19" Samsung SyncMaster 940BW TFT-LCD monitor and I have no idea how much that actually cost because it was a birthday present. I can't even think of asking the family for another one :lol:

So I'm going to save up for a bit and see if I can't get myself another monitor. My price range is probably around 100 - 300 dollars, and I'm looking for another monitor that's 19" and wide screen like this one is.

Any suggestions? :mrgreen:

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention that its preferable the monitor be capable of 1440x900 although I'm sure most monitors of this type are, and that it be available in a retail store so I don't have to deal with online ordering problems. :p

Last edited:
Thanks toptree, that looks like a good monitor - it gets 1440x900 which is the resolution I prefer. Do you know of any stores that sell it? I prefer store-bought electronics as opposed to online :p I just don't trust shipping methods.

Wow, with a budget ceiling of $300 you can get some massive LCD.

I just built a new desktop system and I got a 22" LCD for $160 from newegg, free shipping: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254035

26" LCD $310, free shipping: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824155056

Oh, why do you not trust online stores? Newegg is a VERY reputable place and they ship fast!

Well, my first reason for not liking online stores is mainly because I'm impatient :lol: but its also because I'm very weary of transporting something as delicate as a monitor - were it something else, say...just for the sake of examples here...socks, I wouldn't mind. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I did see that for 300$ you can get very big and nice monitors but considering I already have a 19" one, I sort of want the other one to be the same size so it doesn't look all funny to me. Size matters. :lol:

Oh, and does Newegg ship to the US? I really want to avoid having stuff shipping from overseas if I can, my dad will bitch and moan with no end if I make him do that again...(since I am not 18 yet I still have to have my dad order all my stuff for me if I buy it from the internets...:( )

Oh...I thought you are in the USA looking at your Location and your Car.

Of course, I believe newegg will ship overseas, but then I would probably recommend against it because international shipping is a bit scary as I've never done it so it may be just best to look around your local walmart or electronic store and pick one out.

Oh...I thought you are in the USA looking at your Location and your Car.

Of course, I believe newegg will ship overseas, but then I would probably recommend against it because international shipping is a bit scary as I've never done it so it may be just best to look around your local walmart or electronic store and pick one out.

Yeah, I am in USA, though I'd so much rather not be...but that's another topic entirely :lol:

Well I had a look at all the monitors so far, and I do like the Acer one however some of the reviews don't look too well - it seems not to be very height adjustable, but I don't really need that much. I'm kind of focused more on the video aspects. I intend to use one monitor for watching movies, and the other for doing other things whilst I do so, because with just one monitor right now, even though its huge compared to anything I've ever had before in my life it just isn't big enough to browse Final Gear and watch Top Gear at the same time :lol:

Couldn't you just get a second identical one?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Beings you don't have much of a budget for a 19" monitor I would just get an identical monitor to what you already have, plus it will look better that way.

Well, I was going to, but I looked up my current monitor and I'm pretty sure its not available in any nearby stores any more, however this prompts more searching. As I said before, I'd really rather not order from the internet. =\ so if I can find something suitably similar within my budget that I can get from a local store, then I'll get it. If not then I'd have to order online regardless.

I really like the sound of a nice huge monitor but I think I'm gonna stick with something the same size/res as my current one :) Plus, some of those larger ones have built in speakers, which I don't need because I've got good speakers already.

...is it bad that I just now realized this has become a useless topic? :lol:

Well, maybe I can fix that, can anyone help me find a good wireless keyboard/mouse? I want a keyboard that lights up...:mrgreen: