The Finalgear rFactor Race Thread

I'm back and have had a bit of a think about this. The CCWS cars are quite brutal and tough to control, and they're big things, so I would now favour a first race in some low-powered open-wheelers (F3 or FBMW) or with some touring cars (ETCC or E90 BMW).

Please cast your votes for these four, and whichever is chosen will be used for the first race.

How about a race with any car in the TC-65 class in the Historx mod. Maybe the lesser-powered Mini, GTA, Abarth, etc... Maybe a spec race, all with one type of car (a field of Minis, for example.)

State your preferences over this week. Keep it low-powered. Vote for what was expressed so far or come up with new ideas.

So far the options:

Historix Mini (1310 Mini Cooper - spec race)
Legends Cars
E90 BMW
ETCC 2003
FBMW
F3 Euro

Maybe for the next set of races. Let's keep it easy as an acclimatisation set of races when we do it.

Plus, I can't be arsed to try it now because I simply don't have the time available.

And there's so many cars for rF, that we can race for a whole year and not go through half of them.

As long as we do it in some manageable cars i'm ok with just about anything. I suppose the minis would work great. I'm downloading the track as I type and i'm awaiting the final decision and some link (pls :cry:) to download and practice with the appropriate car.

My vote's for the Minis...

If we do race F3 cars, the Japanese F3 mod is quite good. (I don't have F3 Euro on my computer, so I'll probably have to install it to race)

I'll post a link as soon as I can access something other than a school computer with web-blockers that block RFC.

Edit: Tah-dum: Make clicking upon these color-themed characters.

Last edited:
Not sure which would work better. Even though the minis would be easier to drive... i think the F3 cars could be a nice challenge too. Let's just choose something so we can download and practice with the damn thing.

Do we have to use the '79 tracks?

Also, i wouldn't mind using the F3 Japan mod, its better than the Euro one. I also suggest using the tracks that they used in the real championship.

First of all... it's just an acclimatisation round, so we can go random with cars and tracks. If you want to do it like that for the next set of races, just say some tracks included in the real-life championships and we'll give it a bash.

We definitely need to do a race with it in the future. There is no choice in the matter. It is a necessity!