[12x06] December 7th, 2008

[12x06] December 7th, 2008

• Total voters
I don't care how many supercars Top Gear get their hands on, nothing surprasses that Fiesta reivew.

Classic Top Gear, mayhem, mixed with wit, ridicule, humour and satisfiying the petrolhead and the random alike.

Just brilliant, how the hell do you top that?

Lol, Look who just joined the Morris forums...

Untitled-3.jpg

Great episode, purely epic.

:woot: TEN OUT OF TEN BABY!!!

It was simply amazing. Waited all day to watch it and I think my wait was certainly worth it.

First of all, I was so surprised when I heard Richard's voice doing the introduction, then the "WTF?!" kicked in and then...."WHOA I'M GOING TO DIE OF A RICHARD-INDUCED HEART ATTACK!" Yes, I'm such a fan-girl. :lol:

Now the Communist cars segment was awesome...there's no other way to put it, I guess, but then again I can never think of the right words when I'm about to die of happiness. Car made of cotton? XD

But finally, best of all, the Fiesta review. I was actually excited for this and it was indeed as good as I was hoping it'd be. The mall chase scene with the Corvette was epic win. :mrgreen: I was surprised at that little Ford.

Oh, and the fact Jezza had caught some modern form of Bubonic Plague and had "synthetic saliva" :lol: and still managed to pull off a great show...just amazing. I love these guys so freakin' much. ^_^

Ten out of Ten, the episode was downright epic, the Commie Cars really made my day, a bit of nostalgia seeing some of those cars (as a kid I used to see a ton of those cars in Poland!) just awesome. The fiesta review was bang on as well, just kept on surprising me by the minute.

HOLY SHIT! Amazing...where did they get the cash to do that Fiesta test?!

That's gotta be one of the best ever road tests...

This was such an epic episode on so many levels. The Communist/Soviet cars were hilarious cuz I could actually relate to that - they're still around in Russia.

If I could give this episode an 11, I would.

This is the one I'm showing my friends that I want to convert into fans. :bow:

What was the part at 55 minutes in during the fiesta review a homage to?
I swear I've seen that music/cinematography in a movie before, I just can't place it.

What was the part at 55 minutes in during the fiesta review a homage to?
I swear I've seen that music/cinematography in a movie before, I just can't place it.

I'm assuming it's the original Italian Job, I haven't seen it in a while. Excellent movie however (and the British are obsessed with it, apparently).

Hey look at that! The smoke grenades fit perfectly in the cupholders!

However, in checking 'the file' I saw one thing. How the HELL did they do that shot tracking around the Veritas that made the wheels look motionless!?

I can only assume they set the shutterspeed on the camera at EXACTLY the same speed as the rotation of the wheels.

Epic effect - well done.

:)

They know the available speeds the camera can shoot at. Say the camera shoots at a (relatively low) 30 fps (just as an example). If the wheel is rotating 30 times per second, you will sense no movement. The wheels were 5 spoke though. The wheels could also be turning at 6 rps and you would also see no movement. Take the rps needed along with the circumference of the wheel, and you get distance per second, which can easily be transformed into a normal speed like mph or kph.

If you voted anything but a 10/10 (i dont remember ever giving this rating before) than you are simply a gay.

Sorry, but as far as I knew being gay means you are sexually attracted to people of the same gender as you. :p

:rolleyes:

Excellent episode! I think I want one of those Caterham R500's now. :D

(Faster than the R8 *sniff* :( )

Man I loved that episode. Loved it!

Veritas/Caterham. The Veritas surprised me a bit by just how sluggish it was. Just as the Caterham with it's time.

The first thing that struck me about the Commie cars was the grainy effect filter they used. Anyone know what they did to get that effect? The range of cars they rounded up were astounding in their all round shittyness. Some great bits of humour and some destruction. Yay!

The Fiesta review. Wooooowwww! That was fucking awesome! Some great jokes and some beautiful shots. Who wouldn't want to go tearing around a shopping centre after that? And the beach landing was hilarious. Plus it was informative! There is no one who could do a car review as entertaining as that. Not by a mile.

Hammond and May taking control should be done more often too. Evens out the presenters a bit I think. :)

Near as makes no difference 10 for me. First one.

EDIT: Oh, a Boris was entertaining. But I expected him to be. Man he struggled with his lap though. He missed Chicago by a whole county.

Great episode, no morse code. 10/10!

Oh, yes...I found on another forum. Some Marina fans reaaaaally hate this show now.

People actually like Marinas?

Oh, wait, from the link...

frank2.jpg

:blink: :lmao:

Actually I'm kinda with them, if they promised the owner multiple times that it wasn't going to be destroyed then they could have an interesting situation in their favor, somehow. I'm sure there's some legal business that could come into play here.

Yeah, the Marina was a nice car, but its just a car. I was pretty pissed when Mythbusters destroyed that 67 Plymouth Fury, but, its just a car, they made thousands of them.

Gonna give it an 8.

Caterham review was a little short as was the veritas', would've liked to have seen a drag race or something. Caterham's lap was brill!
News was as poor as usual, just not enough cars.
Communist cars thing was okay. Fell flat a bit and the race was the only really entertaining bit, along with the dog.
Boris was pretty good for SIARPC.
Fiesta review was probably the highlight, the shopping centre part especially; good stuff.