Awesome Thread

Isn't that Photoshopped? The smoke looks phony and the blur on the locomotive starts conveniently exactly in front of the car

Isn't that Photoshopped? The smoke looks phony and the blur on the locomotive starts conveniently exactly in front of the car

Those later-generation steam engines developed incredible pressure inside the fire-box and the smoke was expelled with a good amount of force. It may be photoshopped, but with the right exposure settings the smoke blur would be consistent with the blur on the wheels and pistons.

^Why do you know this?

Because all men love locomotives, and I have the History channel. Oh, and one year I got my dad a 6 VHS set of tapes on the history of steam powered trains.

But mostly what Crazyjeeper said.

shadow.jpg

the moon's shadow on earth during a solar eclipse

anyone inside the darkest part of the circle would have seen a total solar eclipse

Those later-generation steam engines developed incredible pressure inside the fire-box and the smoke was expelled with a good amount of force. It may be photoshopped, but with the right exposure settings the smoke blur would be consistent with the blur on the wheels and pistons.

Thank for the explanation. Sounds more realistic now

I'm sure that in a thread as Awesome as this, the below has been posted before.

But it is dripping in Awesome Sauce, so I'm posting it.

New Version of Windows

FUCKING awesome which is why it belongs in this thread.

1,900 mph knots is a littler over Mach 3 if I am doing the conversion right in my head.
sry, :p i just had to

"American reconnaissance planes, SR-71's, were prowling off the coast, staying just outside Soviet airspace but photographing terrain hundreds of miles inland with side-angle cameras. They taunted and toyed with the MiG-25s sent up to intercept them, scooting up to altitudes the Soviet planes could not reach, and circling leisurely above them or dashing off at speeds the Russians could not match."