Random Thoughts....

I might sound a bit out of order in this at times, and maybe a bit unintelligible, but... here goes nothing.

[rant]

We're a class of 26 people, and 15-17 of us are normally quiet people, minding our own business, and some of those people are actually very friendly and I get along very well with them. I can even regard some of them as friends, because they're pleasant personalities, some of them are witty and sometimes quite hilarious, and they're good discussion partners in many areas of our lives.

However, our image as a class has been spoiled for all of the 3 and a bit years in which we've been together by a few pieces of uselessness which pollute our environment in pretty much every possible way. First of all, as far as I know, most of those are smoking. And they tend to spend a lot of their time on the bank of a stream/sewer that runs alongside our school, one street away from the exit of the school's courtyard. And whatever they talk there, they never seem to get it finished in time for classes.

Their school performances, as well, are pretty weak. They always get relatively bad marks, and they don't seem to give a sh** about them. It irks the teachers because this "don't-give-a-damn" attitude is bad for them, since you won't be able to move through life if you're so laid back that you let everything move past you. And despite being that laid-back, they seem to have the thickest cheek I've ever seen. None of the teachers' threats seems to stick to them. Worse of all, they view every teacher that disagrees with them as a moron. And when they get on the teacher's nerves, they simply say "Sorry, won't happen again" and then guess what? They start doing it again!

But the worst thing is their behaviour whenever they're bored. Personally, when I'm bored in class, I try to occupy myself by trying to find something interesting in the textbooks, or a whispery chat to the one alongside me about a subject that is of importance to both of us. The people I'm ranting about get their mobile phones out (fancy ones with whatever they have on them) and start playing ringtones. Mostly a few songs that only they like, or stupid sound effects, of which two keep ringing in my mind: a guy screaming as if someone is ripping his nuts off, and the sound of a room full of squeaking pigs. The second one basically sums them up perfectly: they can be a right old bunch of senseless pigs. And also they like talking to each other as loud as possible, as if it's only them in the classroom, and if they bought oranges or tangerines from the school's food shop, they tend to throw the orange peels away. And by "away" I mean "throw them at me and a few others".

Oh... even worse than this is what they do during the French classes. The combination of an old and totally inflexible teacher using antiquated methods to teach French to us and a bunch of noisy piglets in the back of the classroom makes me feel as if I'm trapped in a vice. It's horrible to be in such a position, especially when you're in a small, crowded, basement classroom which doesn't feel as if it should host classes (mainly because it isn't approved by a sanitary inspection, and it wouldn't be approved by it in its current state). Our substitute French teacher is horrible to work with, she's totally inflexible in her methods, and she seems to be selectively deaf to everybody in the class. She's annoying to basically everyone in the class, and is trying to force her methods on us, after we've been used to the methods used by our late teacher from 9th-11th grade. (I still can't believe she's just gone like that... :( )

Finally, it looks as if we were destined for disaster from Day 1 in which we got together. High school admission means that people from a lot of secondary schools can come up in a single high school class. There are two classes which have the Math-Computer Science (Programming) profile, and I was actually the one with the highest admission score out of the 56 people that were admitted. However, I was put in the second of the two classes, in a "random" split which saw about 15-16 people that were at that school before in the first class, and most of the out-of-school people in the other class. Ever since that moment, it has all gone pear-shaped. Because the other class does pretty much everything that we do, but they don't get the treatment that we get. We get penalized a lot more for what we do, and we keep saying that the other class does the same things, but nobody seems to listen.

I'm angry and looking forward to a very long break from all this hoo-haa.

[/rant]

There, got that off my chest. Until tomorrow.

Grammar schools FTW.

Selective schools where the bright people went. The less bright went to Secondary Modern Schools - some did make the jump up (not many though) but anyone not pulling their weight and behaving like those people you mention got the heave ho to the Secondary Modern school. If they continued then they went to the "Approved School" - basically a last ditch attempt to try to stop them from having a career in crime.

Still we got rid of that system so now the disruptive ones ruin it for everyone else. ...

Grammar schools FTW! I go to basically (not trying to brag here) the best school in Kent, excluding private schools. But there are still those kind of people here, just that they are unbelievably full of themselves because of course, they are the most intelligent in the world (and they do tend to be of the higher graded ones). Fortunately this year we moved on to A levels, and quite a few of them left because they didn't get the required grades to come back or in the case of 1, was expelled (extremely rare in this school - he has been a nuisance all his time here, and a 'spitting on year 7s' case finished him off).

If someone were throwing orange peels at me I'd punch them in the face. I popped this larger older kid in the lip Freshman year in high school spraying me with a water bottle, never had a problem from him or any of the other 2,000 kids in my school after that. As for the grading, welcome to life.

I just learned that the guy who did the voice for the original Garfield TV cartoon also did the voice for Peter Venkman in the Ghostbusters cartoon...which is funny because Bill Murray, who played Peter Venkman in the Live-Action Ghostbusters movie did the voice for the Live-Action/CGI Garfield movies. That's thiiiiiiis close to dividing by zero.

I don't mind people like that. As Maddox said, somebody's gotta bag my groceries.

If someone were throwing orange peels at me I'd punch them in the face.

And if a UK teacher so much as touches a pupil, cries of "sexual harrassment!" and "abuse!" abound.

I'm not kidding; my mum (a maths teacher in one of Glasgow's better schools) has been told by higher-ups not to touch the kids at all.

Ignoring the fact my mum couldn't beat up an ant, the utter lack of respect for authority (well, teachers) that a fair few pupils these days have is fairly shocking.

It blows my mind what my poor daughter had to go through at school!

1. No text books - they are dished out and collected during the teaching period. How she was expected to do home work without the text book was a mystery to all.
2. No cloak room - she would have to lug her coat around all day.
No locker at all so she had to lug her stuff around all day too
3. Homework set and not marked! She lost confidence in doing work and when it was collected lots of time it was at home or not done.
4. Teachers came and went with a loss of continuity. ...
5. Parent Teacher evenings which were really a shambles and I never ever met her tutor.

Aw, from a bright intelligent keen girl upon leaving Primary school, to by the time she left secondary school she had seriously under achieved - some of it my fault because I did not push hard enough. College is going better.

:censored: :p

In other news...one of my fraternity brothers who's a bit thick just emailed all 40 members a chain letter.

This is 2008.

facepalm2.jpg

I didn't know what it was until I opened it, and I found THIS:
"Did you know that those who dress in black, are those who want to be unnoticed and need your help and understanding?"

:tvhorror:

Apparently if I deleted the email I would get a year's worth of bad luck. Oops. I archived it. :thumbup:

:censored: :p

In other news...one of my fraternity brothers who's a bit thick just emailed all 40 members a chain letter.

You are in a fraternity???
facepalm2.jpg

:lol: