Volvo Overseas Delevery

TKE

Car(s)
'02 Civic Si
I graduate from college this month and am starting my job/life in January. The time has come to buy a new car. I am looking to upgrade my 02 Civic Si to a Volvo C30 R-design.

I was looking through the brochure and saw that they have a program where you can fly over to Volvo factory in Sweden (two complementary tickets) and pick up your car! Check it out here: http://www.volvocars.com/us/salesandservices/overseasdelivery/Pages/default.aspx

Has anyone here done this, or know someone who has?

I know, i am an idiot. My spelling of delivery is wrong. I'm an engineer and would be lost without spell check

Last edited:
Almost all European companies (Volvo, BMW, Audi, Merc, etc..) do this. I know someone who bought a BMW 7er with Euro-delivery. They take you on a tour of the factory, and then a road tour of Europe.

Not to mention the car is cheaper. Volvo offer free shipping back to the US. They'll also let you bang your car around the test track if you want. And you get 15 days worth of factory insurance, so if you crash, no problem! I asked, it's total coverage.

They have vacation packages that cost extra but it's not bad, just a couple hundred. All you get for free is a night in a hotel, a couple meals and transportation to the factory. After that, you're on your own to get the car to one of the shipping centers.

I haven't done it but it sounds awesome.

it almost sounds to good to be true. I wonder if they would let me bring back a right hand drive car back to the states.

holy crap that sounds awesome, do it for all of us.

Go for it. The R-design is quite nice, and it isn't common to find one of those in the US, so finding one used would be close to impossible. They don't cover tires, so don't go too hard on it if you take it on their track.

Definitely go for it, if you have the time. I wish I had this kind of opportunity when I picked up my Mk5 GTI.
Do you mean buying a right hand drive car and ship it back? I think you can do that too, just not through a dealer, which you have to do it on your own. I saw a GTR-34 in China town in Chicago few weeks ago.

I'm fairly sure that dealer salesmen lose out on commissions when cars are sold like this so if that's the case then I can definitely see them never mentioning this. And if that's the case then that would explain why more buyers don't take advantage of things like overseas deliveries.

I am to make some calls this week and find out some more information about the whole thing. I'll keep you all posted.

Umm, bring back a RHD car from Sweden? Why would you do that?

All Volvos are Europe-built, including the US ones (although some are assembled in Thailand and Malaysia).

So it'd be a US-market Volvo but one that had a little snowy holiday.

Almost all European companies (Volvo, BMW, Audi, Merc, etc..) do this. I know someone who bought a BMW 7er with Euro-delivery. They take you on a tour of the factory, and then a road tour of Europe.

BMW offer a US delivery program from their factory in the US (z4 and x5)

Audi doesn't do, actually. :p

Yeah, but why would he want a RHD one?

whoops, my bad. I didn't see his post saying he was thinking about a RHD one

I thought you meant anything swedish would be RHD.

I saw a C30 with swedish tags a few months ago in town. I have no idea what it was doing here.