FASTEST car you've driven

The fastest car I've ever driven:
2008 SL55 AMG.

The car I've driven the fastest in:
1997 Ford Ranger, 2wd, 4cyl. (107mph) I know...not that fast...I don't speed all that much, but I accelerate with fervor! I drive with purpose, but not fast.

Depending on the gearing, it's a toss-up between a Porsche 935 and an early 70's Lola Indy car.

Mazda RX-8 or Mercedes E320cdi. The Merc felt a bit faster, but the Mazda was awesome to drive. Nearly bought one, but decided... big bank account > fun car, so I didn't.

I've driven a Porsche Cayenne S at 240 km/h und a Porsche 911 (964) at 275 km/h :cool:

The thing is, i drove the Cayenne while it had a ski bag on the roof.
So the owner of the car besides me was looking through the manual when he suddenly screamed:

"Slower! You're only supposed to do 160 km/h max with the ski bag mounted!"

Ah, that's where the strange noises came from :p

Had a 20min testdrive in a Scirocco - more than fast enough for the Norwegian roads. Had some serious acceleration when the gearbox kickdowned on the motorway, didn't go further than 140 to stay on the safe side. :)

Had a 20min testdrive in a Scirocco - more than fast enough for the Norwegian roads. Had some serious acceleration when the gearbox kickdowned on the motorway, didn't go further than 140 to stay on the safe side. :)

slushboxes make Baby Jesus cry!

fastest thing ive driven is a 98' MR2, little under a 100kph. Quite big for me as i cant get a license yet :> My dad's MR2 btw with an 'L' on the back. Great car to drive :p (don't know if you have that requirment in other countries (need to have L on the back to legally practice driving with someone who has a license))

fastest for both for me is probably my friend's C6 Z06.

not sure about the straight line though... because i've also driven another friend's '02 camaro SS with a T76 turbo... it's very close in terms of speed. and the dates which i drove them are 2+ years apart from each other.

Fastest straight-line car: Mid-80's Mercury Capri (equivalent to Ford Mustang) with a 5.0L. It was bloody terrifying, but in a good way.

Fastest around corners: Early-90's Mazda Miata. Not particularly quick, but it steers telepathically!

Mini Cooper S - when learning to drive. A right hoot around the bends! Plus on UK roads, it IS fast.

both counts.. ferrari 360 spyder w/ f1 gearbox, around a track

For both it's my own Sprint. I know someone will call BS but it'll hang with an E39 M5 in a straight line. Handling-wise it's not the best thing on the road but far from the worst. It's had a little bit of suspension work done, though I could probably use some new poly bushings.

Fastest in a straight line LS1 powered Camaro with a two staged 300 kit and trans brake. The thing launches like nothing else I've ever been in.

Fastest in the twisties is a 360 Modena Ferrari. Got to spend a whole day with it, found a tunnel, my life hasn't been the same sense. It must be what heaven sounds like.

I have driven three cars in my entire life - my driving instructor's Toyota Corolla, my own Honda Jazz and my dad's BMW 530d. I'm pretty darn sure his would be fastest in both cases. :D

I honestly can't remember If I ever took part in one of these.

Fastest car I've been in... Probably a tie between my friends mazdaspeed 6 and my dads old camaro way back in the day.

fastest I've been in a car.. about 200kph in my Buick (good honest guess too, my speedo only goes to 140kph)

fastest around corners... my dads camaro, but since I never drove it before I'm gonna say 2004 Jeep Wrangler :lol:

Since I only have my driving license for about five months, the fastest probably is our Volvo V70 D5 or 'my' Saab 900 Turbo S. So nothing special really.

As a passenger the fastest is a Lexus IS-F I think, which I just got out of. A friend of my brother had one for testing, now that's a fast car :D