Volvo Overseas Delevery

If I'm not mistaken, isn't there a FG member that bought his BMW 750iL with Euro Delivery. AutoXs his huge sedan and everything.

Also, I just looked at the Volvo Overseas Delivery list. The C30 R-design isn't currently offered for the program.
http://www.volvocars.com/us/salesandservices/overseasdelivery/AvailableCars/Pages/default.aspx

I saw that at first too, but the R-Design is just a trim package. If you click on the C30 you will see that there is an option for the R-design.

As for the RHD car, i just thought it would be unique to have one in the states. The postal service wouldn't be impressed but it might throw off a few people.

As for the RHD car, i just thought it would be unique to have one in the states. The postal service wouldn't be impressed but it might throw off a few people.

Especially when you try to pass a slow-moving vehicle, or one who's parked on the side of the road (for whatever reason) and you have to use the oncoming traffic lane. Good luck with that. :lol:

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Big 2.8 did this? You go to any domestic dealer to order your car, then head on out to Detroit to tour a factory that closed down years ago, and take a tour of the Detroit badlands before picking up your new car?

"Ladies and gents we must ask you to be on alert around here, to avoid the frequent gun fire..."

"And over here is where the famous UAW strike of 19-- was held, if you look over there you can still see the bullet holes in the walls!"

**THUMP**

"Oops sorry about that, that's must've been one of those 3-foot deep potholes we hit. Oh and don't worry about all these dilapidated buildings, they're considered structurally sound for at least a couple more years."

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure that dealer salesmen lose out on commissions when cars are sold like this so if that's the case then I can definitely see them never mentioning this. And if that's the case then that would explain why more buyers don't take advantage of things like overseas deliveries.

I sell Volvos and Saabs new and the dealership makes good money off of overseas delivery. Sometimes depending on the programs from the manufacturer we make more money on an OSD sale then a regular sale. My commission stays the same no matter what you do as I am paid off of volume for new cars. The more new cars I sell the higher my commission goes. I don't care how you pay for it or how you pick it up as long as you do it.

I am to make some calls this week and find out some more information about the whole thing. I'll keep you all posted.

I don't think there are any deals on C30s for OSD right now but I will check for you. There are deals on left over 2008 C30s in stock but there aren't many left. I can print out a list later on probably tomorrow and see what is around. What kind of time frame are you looking to make a purchase? The thing about OSD is that you have to pay for the car in full about a month before you go to Sweden/Belgium to pick it up.

I saw a C30 with swedish tags a few months ago in town. I have no idea what it was doing here.

That was probably one of the OSD C30s we did earlier in the year. A lot of people keep the Euro front plate on.

I saw that at first too, but the R-Design is just a trim package. If you click on the C30 you will see that there is an option for the R-design.

I can't see why people like the R design. It's just some (imo ugly) skirts and seats... not worth an extra 4 grand if you ask me.

That was probably one of the OSD C30s we did earlier in the year. A lot of people keep the Euro front plate on.

Tags were in the rear, bolted on. And the trunk was full of stuff. You could not see the people in front. It was wierd.

I don't think there are any deals on C30s for OSD right now but I will check for you. There are deals on left over 2008 C30s in stock but there aren't many left. I can print out a list later on probably tomorrow and see what is around. What kind of time frame are you looking to make a purchase? The thing about OSD is that you have to pay for the car in full about a month before you go to Sweden/Belgium to pick it up.

Thanks for taking a look. I would probably be looking to purchase the car around March or April. I need some time to save a bit of cash, plus i really don't want to rush into anything.

Is this OSD actually a good idea or just kind of sales gimmick?

Define 'good idea'. I mean it would make a fun holiday, my ultimate dream is to pick up a Porsche and then drive round the Ring and then see some sort of race, ie F1, Le Mans ect. But strictly financially it doesn't help you at all as far as I can tell.

Tags were in the rear, bolted on. And the trunk was full of stuff. You could not see the people in front. It was wierd.

Perhaps a REALLY lost Swede?

Everybody doesn't live in USA... :>
How would you make an overseas delivery from Norway?
Well, there are some seas you can cross if you really want, but I don't think that's what they mean with an overseas delivery ;)

Do it! We did when we ordered our XC90 V8 and it was great. They take care of everything for you. IIRC, they give you 2 nights in a hotel too. Gothenberg is a nice city, and the Volvo factory is cool (if you like Volvo's, which I'm guessing you do), they even drive you around in an S80 limo when you are there at the factory when you pick up your car. Its definitely not just a sales gimmick.

Oh I forgot all about this till today. Last I checked there were no special deals on the C30 for overseas delivery unless you take any left over 2008s still at the port. You can get certain options/packages for free on OSD but that is it. If you are in the military and going to be stationed overseas you do get a discounted price but that's it.

I will check again this week as new programs should be launched sometime this week for the new year.

I have a friend from the states who's parents bought a volvo just for the free ticket to sweden (i used to live 150km from the volvo factory). And they say they were well taken care of, so if you want a new volvo you should go for it!

(How often do you get a free ticket to another continent?)

I think it's a pretty expensive ticket :lol: