Spoilers: Dexter on Showtime

Firstly, the entire Prado family sucks ass.

Secondly, I don't think the story behind the Prado murder has been resolved. So maybe there is a connection between Miguel, Freebo and an explanation on why the other Prado brother was trying to kill Freebo.

Part of me wants the Miguel story wrapped up quick (i.e. Dexter killing him sooner rather than later), but seeing that we know who the skinner is now I agree that it's probably not the major arc of this season. You're right, maybe (probably?) it's all linked together.

I'm rambling. The scene with Dex trashing his office totally fooled me.

The Prado family does suck, but Jimmy Smits is perfect in the role. Both him and Keith Carradine were fine choices.

No comments from last week before this week's episode? I think it was one of the better episodes of the season so far. If Dexter stays captive, it will be interesting to see how the writers have him act while in that position.

ive got to agree with dave on that too, will he still act calm and controlled or will he just totaly lose it. should be fun to watch.
either way,
miguel just fucked himself haaard and doesnt even know it yet

I found it very boring until the bit at the end. It just wasn't as exciting as the last few, more akin to the first 2-3 episodes of the season.

What I found wierd was that Dex' relationship with Miguel just stopped this episode. We see him figuring out Miguel's shirt has bovine blood on it, the episode ends, and next episode Miguel and Dexter are already having an all out war.

Was there a conversation or something I missed where Dexter tells Miguel he knows he's been using him since the get go? Because it would be very weird for someone so into mind games to just start despising your for no reason. Miguel didn't seem surprised or anything that Dexter had turned on him.

Anyway, next two weeks should be epic by all accounts. I thought maybe Dexter got fake kidnapped at the end, to get taken to his bachelor party. They sure put a lot of emphasis on Masuka organizing Dexter's party... was 'terrorize' on of themes the lady offered Masuka? I doubt it, but it would be funny.

And I'm still waiting on Quinn, something still feels off about him. If he's not evil in the least bit, then he's a pretty poor character... he just doesn't seem convincing as a well to do cop.

One other thing - I am not enjoying Angel at all this season. His down and out storyline has gotten old, and he appears to have zero chemistry with his new vice cop girlfriend. Looks like they had no clue where to take his character, so they give him some BS storyline just so he's there at the station.

Why do you guys think Miguel and Freebo are working together? It would seem like they've been partners since the start of the season, but why? I'm guessing there's something coming having to do with Miguel and Doakes/BHB. He's made a lot of references to James Doakes and to the Bay Harbour Butcher, and he's never asked Dexter if he's the real BHB. I hope there's something coming there.

Last edited:
Why do you guys think Miguel and Freebo are working together? It would seem like they've been partners since the start of the season, but why? I'm guessing there's something coming having to do with Miguel and Doakes/BHB. He's made a lot of references to James Doakes and to the Bay Harbour Butcher, and he's never asked Dexter if he's the real BHB. I hope there's something coming there.

Freebo is dead, homie. I think Miguel and the skinner just met when he went into the interrogation room with the cameras off, and Miguel saw it as an opportunity to have Dexter taken care of, without him having to do it personally.

Anyway, next two weeks should be epic by all accounts. I thought maybe Dexter got fake kidnapped at the end, to get taken to his bachelor party. They sure put a lot of emphasis on Masuka organizing Dexter's party... was 'terrorize' on of themes the lady offered Masuka? I doubt it, but it would be funny.

ARGH! That just fucking hit me!

I think you're right. The car was a black Cadillac, which I found odd to begin with, until now. The skinner doesn't drive a Cadillac, but who drives one? Quinn, on the other hand...

DAMN IT! I can't believe I just realised that.

EDIT: Plus, Quinn helped out by giving Maskua the party agency.

Freebo is dead, homie. I think Miguel and the skinner just met when he went into the interrogation room with the cameras off, and Miguel saw it as an opportunity to have Dexter taken care of, without him having to do it personally.

No, I'm pretty sure they've been working together for longer than that. Remember, Miguel was very weary of charging the Skinner, even before he went into the holding room to talk to him privately.

I don't remember the details why, but it definitely seemed to me like they've been in cahoots for a while.

The car was a black Cadillac, which I found odd to begin with, until now. The skinner doesn't drive a Cadillac, but who drives one? Quinn, on the other hand...

Yeah, but the kidnapper's car was a light gray Caddy, and it seemed like an oldish DeVille or something. Quinn drives a black CTS.

But they have made a huge point of Quinn driving a Cadillac this season for no reason at all, so maybe those were clues to last episode's ending. Perhaps the production team just messed up and used a different model.

Last edited:
Hmmm. That's no current model CTS. I'm usually very good when it comes to picking up car models, so I must have overlooked that. But that said, I think it could just be a mistake by the production team... because I've got no idea where this'll go if it's not the bachelor party.

http://img218.imageshack.**/img218/8949/vlcsnap1582648hg1.jpg

It's a DeVille for sure. Interestingly though, it's been debadged.

http://img228.imageshack.**/img228/6599/cadillacdeville2002800xne5.jpg

Hmmm. Only a few hours now.

Last edited:
Hah! In yo' face!

Just kidding... new episode of Top Gear, dinner, and then Dexter!

Argh! Hurry up interwebs! :p

Then what the hell are you on here for? :p

I'm in Canada so we don't get Showtime!

Plus I don't have any kind of TV service so I have to wait for torrents anyway... and I wait for the 720p releases, so it usually ends up being a few hours later.

I'm in Canada so we don't get Showtime!

Plus I don't have any kind of TV service so I have to wait for torrents anyway... and I wait for the 720p releases, so it usually ends up being a few hours later.

Ah. I'd be downloading the 720p ones, but I lack the bandwidth, both with my usage quota and my hardware :(

EDIT: What the hell? Californication is out, yet Dexter isn't.

The bachelor party was lame, they totally messed up the Caddy thing. And while we're on the Caddy, again we had Quinn giving some retarded answer to Deb's questions about who he is. Are we ever going to find out what his freaking deal is?

It was a good episode, the Miguel grab at the end totally surprised me. I thought Dexter was going to think this through? He went and scoped out Miguel's hotel room for nothing. He totally disregarded the fact he was going to be very careful, and as the previews for the finale let on he's gonna get in a lot of shit (from Ramon P.)... and where was LaGuerta at the end while Miguel and Dex met inside her house?

I'm kind of upset, they opened up a few stuff in this episode that I'm guessing will serve as cliffhangers for the finale. Like Deb going after finding out Harry's true past.

I'm also a little miffed that we will see more of Ramon in the next episode. He is by far the worst actor to appear on this show, he's not at all convincing. But the previews look soo exciting, can't wait.

It was a good episode, the Miguel grab at the end totally surprised me. I thought Dexter was going to think this through? He went and scoped out Miguel's hotel room for nothing. He totally disregarded the fact he was going to be very careful, and as the previews for the finale let on he's gonna get in a lot of shit (from Ramon P.)... and where was LaGuerta at the end while Miguel and Dex met inside her house?

It all seemed to make sense to me. He knew that Miguel was going to kill LaGuerta soon so he had to act quickly, and didn't have time to be as careful as he would like to be. LaGuerta wasn't there because Dexter had rung her up to tell her to meet him at some bar because he had information.

sweet irony, in the book dexter was the one that killed LaGuerta.

Anyway, im gonna miss prado, he was seriously one of the coolest characters in the history of the show. Now when the hell is his brother coming back as a ghost?!?!?!

sweet irony, in the book dexter was the one that killed LaGuerta.

Anyway, im gonna miss prado, he was seriously one of the coolest characters in the history of the show. Now when the hell is his brother coming back as a ghost?!?!?!

Ahhhh fuck your couch! I'm just about to start reading the books here pretty soon.

It all seemed to make sense to me. He knew that Miguel was going to kill LaGuerta soon so he had to act quickly, and didn't have time to be as careful as he would like to be. LaGuerta wasn't there because Dexter had rung her up to tell her to meet him at some bar because he had information.

See, this is one reason it seemed not so well thought out to me. Dexter obviously doesn't show up to meet LaGuerta, so when she finds out Miguel is dead, isn't she going to suspect Dexter? Especially after Ramon comes out accusing Dexter next episode.