Best Trans-continental voyage car

Necx0

Car(s)
R31 Skyline, Charade rally car
Hey guys,
Just finished watching an episode of Long Way Down featuring Ewan and Charlie. It got me thinking as they have a 25,000km trip in front of them. What car would you take on such a voyage?? Obviously you have to cross Africa so you can't take a Veyron or whatever. Also has to be fairly reliable doing 25,000km straight. Also comfortable for long stretchs so fairly luxurious

To be honest I really don't know what I would take. Porsche Cayenne perhaps?? Although might be a bit uncomfortable.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Would be so fabulous to do, I love these programs.

112-vw-beetle.jpg

One of these Land Rovers...
big_7154340_0_500-335.jpg

big_7154549_0_500-333.jpg

Well appointed luxury cabin
RR_203086_int6.jpg

G4 cars, totally reliable. Yours for only EUR41,900.
For sale

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Just finished watching an episode of Long Way Down featuring Ewan and Charlie. It got me thinking as they have a 25,000km trip in front of them. What car would you take on such a voyage?? Obviously you have to cross Africa so you can't take a Veyron or whatever. Also has to be fairly reliable doing 25,000km straight. Also comfortable for long stretchs so fairly luxurious

To be honest I really don't know what I would take. Porsche Cayenne perhaps?? Although might be a bit uncomfortable.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Would be so fabulous to do, I love these programs.

A Land Cruiser perhaps?
LandCruiser_m_m.jpg

Last edited:
Range Rover comes to mind - can't be totally sure on the reliability front though.

M-B 300E 4matic estate/wagon with a lift kit. that should do the job

fordsvtraptorpress_01.jpg

That comes to mind.

hrm, this one is quite hard to think of. It has to be very capable offroad, but not utter shit on it either. So a super duper lifted jeep won't work.

Porsche Cayenne comes to mind...Range Rover.... but thats pretty much it.
Mind you, a Landy would be better offroad but I imagine the roady bits would be much more fun (and faster) in a Porsche

Toyota Hilux.

Or a helicopter.

ETA: Actually, wouldn't a bowler nemesis be almost ideal? Long slogs on the tarmac might be a bit wearing, but it'd cover the off-road stuff quicker than most.

Artfix_Truck_TF.jpg

[...]ETA: Actually, wouldn't a bowler nemesis be almost ideal?
... I think that choice would put you in danger of coming under attack from some countries Army. They might mistake you for a foreign tank invasion or a huge fire-breathing monster ... when they hear you coming from far away.

:D

Last edited: