So I got drunk at the club this weekend

^ Nothing to do with perceptions (at least in my case). I - and others I suspect - just really don't like clubbing - a dark, hot environment with music pounding my ear drums into dust, full of drunk people making a mess of themselves? No thanks.

I'm not really a clubber anymore. I used to do it every Friday and Saturday when I was in my early 20s. But why are you guys on this board so self-conscious? Lose yourself sometime. I get the impression that you care too much about what your peers will think of you. It's like "OMG you use a Mac", "OMG you drive this kind of car", "OMG you listen to rap music", "OMG you went to the club". Trust me you going to miss out of a lot of life and experience by wasting your time caring about what other people perceive you as.
Yeah, my hating clubs and the "clubbing" lifestyle has nothing to do with "being too self-conscious" or "never wanting to lose myself". It has everything to do with not wanting to have to pay to get into a dark, smelly building with overpriced drinks and pretentious, overdressed drunks who just want to have sex with each other... and "lose myself" in said environment. Sorry, that's not my idea of a good time.

I'm not just talking about going to the club. The club isn't for everyone. I'm speaking more of how a lot of people here seem to be self-conscious. That's why I mentioned the other stuff in the post.

You're clearly all going to the wrong clubs.

episode_4_1.jpg

Clubland is not dead!

Yeah, my hating clubs and the "clubbing" lifestyle has nothing to do with "being too self-conscious" or "never wanting to lose myself". It has everything to do with not wanting to have to pay to get into a dark, smelly building with overpriced drinks and pretentious, overdressed drunks who just want to have sex with each other... and "lose myself" in said environment. Sorry, that's not my idea of a good time.

:+1:

I'd much rather spend my time with friends, or out getting lost somewhere on some backroads and making a mini road trip out of it.