Problems with my router

Wizegui

Car(s)
'93 Toyota Tercel, '01 Swagger Wagon
I currently use a D-Link WBR-2310, and the issue is that for some reason, when you are connected to the network, you cannot go on the internet. The only way to go on the internet is to go into the router management page (192.168.0.1) and then perform a factory reset. After that, the internet can be accessed on that particular computer for a period of time before it decides to disconnects again. It appears that only one computer can use the internet at any given time. Can anyone diagnose my problem, or do I have to go out and dish out some extra dough for a new router?

I would try upgrading the firmware from D-Link's site before trying anything else. The fact that you're doing a factory reset and it's still acting up suggests a weirder problem than just a setting in the router.

I've already upgraded it to the latest firmware version, but it doesn't appear to have help much. I tried tinkering with the mac adress, but I have no luck either. Boy, I really can't wait to personally "terminate" this POS :evil:

I would say it's hosed, then. The only reason I say this is because you reset to factory default settings, it's fine for a period of time, and then it goes batshit crazy.