Help me out... Which car?

darkshark0159

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz C240 W203, British Rail Class 450
Click here to vote.

I'm in the market for a used car right now. I love European cars, and I live in an area where it snows. All of these are AWD/4WD except for the Jetta. Help me out by voting in my poll as I'm curious to everyone's opinion.

Thank you for your time! :cheers:

EDIT: To avoid further LR hate read this,
Anyway, I'm not hugely interested in it [the Freelander]. It's just on there as an extra to see where the votes go.
Calm down :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The passat is the only one I would take if given to me for free.

Thank you for explaining why... <_<
both of you

Yeah, steer clear of the Freelander. There is a reason is was a complete failure in the US. It's also really unsafe.

Ya, I really just put it there as an extra one to judge reactions.

Yeah, steer clear of the Freelander. There is a reason is was a complete failure in the US. It's also really unsafe.

Thank you for explaining why... <_<
both of you

We could explain, but you can Google for it.

To sit here and explain all the things wrong with the Fuckedlander (as one unfortunate idiot owner has been known to call it) would take several pages.

It doesn't take much to say "unreliable" or "slow" or "unsafe". Anyway, I'm not hugely interested in it. It's just on there as an extra to see where the votes go.

I voted the A4. The Passat is really nice, but the A4 is just better somehow.

I know what you are saying. My concern is that I'll probably have to buy a pre-facelift A4 (xxxx-2001), which is hit or miss on looks. Besides, I'm only looking at Passats that are loaded with the wood trim and the other nice touches. I think I can get more luxury for the money out of the Passat. Thanks for the input!

I voted the A4. The Passat is really nice, but the A4 is just better somehow.

What he says. And they're right about the Freelander. My uncle had one and after 3 years he calculated he could have had a Range Rover instead for the same money it had cost him to buy and repair the Freelander...

MKI freelander isnt a good car i dont think, sure its probably decently capable off road but as a daily mode of transport i'd say its not very good.

the MKII freelander however is a different kettle of fish. that things like a mini range rover inside, much better car, much nicer place to sit in.

i voted the Audi.... just has a little more class than the working mans passat

Yeah leave the MKI freelander well alone, I voted for the Bora (Jetta). I love 'em. :)

I wouldn't really buy any of those. Hope it helps :lol:
lol, same! I'd consider the VW for combination of good value + AWD (which is what you want).

But if you want AWD, why not consider a good 'ol dependable Legacy or similar?

This might have changed but when I was looking for cars a Passat with AWD was more expensive than a Quattro A4 and they are basically the same car.

This might have changed but when I was looking for cars a Passat with AWD was more expensive than a Quattro A4 and they are basically the same car.
Hhmm thats weird. Maybe because the Passat is newer? Even so, I'd still expect it to be cheaper...