New Motor Wallpaper

Juanillo

Car(s)
Wrc.
That's excellent, downloading now. :)

By the way, does the other member know you're using their sig image?

I don't think so. A random guy with 4 posts invites me to install content on my PC that I know nothing about? Pass.

Also, it's rather cheap (and poor forum etiquette) to use other people's avatars or sigs as your own. I just went through this with another member who was using my avatar.

Last edited:
Either me or my dad might still have this screensaver on my home computer, I'll see if I can find it.

I have it installed at home now, and everything seems in order. Nothing fishy picked up by my virus scanner.

Also, it's rather cheap (and poor forum etiquette) to use other people's avatars or sigs as your own. I just went through this with another member who was using my avatar.

you should check out the ring forum, there are like 10-20 members there who all use that audi/porsche thing as their sig... someone must have found it on here or something...

edit: I also stole my sig from someone on the ring forum though so I shouldn?t complain...

I don't think so. A random guy with 4 posts invites me to install content on my PC that I know nothing about? Pass.

Either me or my dad might still have this screensaver on my home computer, I'll see if I can find it.

I have it installed at home now, and everything seems in order. Nothing fishy picked up by my virus scanner.

you should check out the ring forum, there are like 10-20 members there who all use that audi/porsche thing as their sig... someone must have found it on here or something...

edit: I also stole my sig from someone on the ring forum though so I shouldn?t complain...

ok there is no problem so I do not want even less is ruining the forum or anything like that if you get problems ye ask forgiveness but I have the view and I do the things you want is to have fewer problems

if you want to remove the post and say that it erased?

It's up to each person to decide if the download is worth the risk - I just wanted to point out that there is a risk and that I'm choosing to err on the side of caution.

I'm not a moderator and I can't tell you to take it down. If it violated the TOS of the board then it would be taken down for you.

ok if it gives me the crucial problems and remove it without any problem

Oh dear... It's blind rubbing his sandy fanny again.

A simple .swf won't blow your pc up, regardless of how many post the OP has contributed to the forum. If you were more clued up with PCs then you wouldn't have this problem.

And plagiarism of fourm avatars is pretty common, no need to get worked up over it.

^

true that.

Oh dear... It's blind rubbing his sandy fanny again.

A simple .swf won't blow your pc up, regardless of how many post the OP has contributed to the forum. If you were more clued up with PCs then you wouldn't have this problem.

And plagiarism of fourm avatars is pretty common, no need to get worked up over it.

Thanks for the info about the .swf files, MadCow. I'm just an end-user when it comes to PCs and by no means the most knowledgeable, but I've learned from experience no to install every shiny thing I see. I was just expressing concern over installing any content from someone I don't know. If you had come on and recommended the same installation I wouldn't have said anything because I know you (and I know you know your stuff).

As for the stealing of avatars and such, I have not seen much of it on this forum. It seems that most users here realize that avatars and sigs are personal and help identify the poster at a glance, as well as being a part of our online identity. At least that's how I see it. There are plenty of very cool avatars and sigs that I admire on here, but I wouldn't just take one to use without asking. Maybe I'm imposing guidelines and etiquette where none really exists, that's just how I choose to interact with others.

The screensaver is actually installed using an exe so there is still some risk involved, it's not as simple as a flash movie. Best to err on the side of caution, I tend to let AVG make the decisions for me and everything I download goes onto a NAS drive.

As for the stealing of avatars and such, I have not seen much of it on this forum. It seems that most users here realize that avatars and sigs are personal and help identify the poster at a glance, as well as being a part of our online identity. At least that's how I see it. There are plenty of very cool avatars and sigs that I admire on here, but I wouldn't just take one to use without asking. Maybe I'm imposing guidelines and etiquette where none really exists, that's just how I choose to interact with others.

Point taken, it can be frustrating when someone decides to use your avatar when you've spend hours of hard work on it, or when the avatar has a special meaning to you.

It's a pity that it's very hard to enforce this rule without the help of mods of admins.