No 56k: Some of my car sightings

difiCa

Car(s)
Honda CBR 125 R (yes, I know it's not a car)
AudiRS4B5.jpg

An older RS4. I've seen a few of these around here actually, would love to own a red one some day...

AudiRS4AvantB7.jpg

A RS4, on German plates, that was here in Finland though. Had me and a friend of mine drooling badly when we saw this. I absolutely love these.

AudiS55.jpg

A S5, for some reason i've seen loads of these around here, at least four in just a few months. And almost all in black.

AudiS8.jpg

An Audi S8 here in Turku.

BMWM3E92.jpg

A new M3. Again, when i saw this i was with the same mate as with the RS4, and we took a serious amount of pics :)

BMWM5E60.jpg

A dirty E60 M5.

12112008337.jpg

An older Escalade ESV. Not surprisingly the driver of this is some hip hop enthusiast.

CadillacEscaladeEXT.jpg

A new Escalade EXT, too bad that light pole had to get in the way...

ChevroletCorvetteC4Convertible.jpg

A C4 Corvette Convertible with some ricer parts in it :lol:

DodgeCaliberSRT-4.jpg

A Caliber SRT4, still the only one i've seen, though they're not that expensive around here (cheaper than any A4, and there are tons of them). Maybe people simply don't want them, and i can kind of see why...

DodgeViperSRT-102.jpg

A Viper, haven't seen one since. It was on sale at a nearby exotic dealership, and some guys were test driving it. Had a good sound as they turned the corner and floored it!

GemballaGT600Biturbo.jpg

A Gemballa GT600 Biturbo, this one's from Estonia. Sadly i won't probably see one of them ever again.

HummerH2.jpg

A H2 which had some awful chrome trim bits on it and that two tone paintjob. I took another picture of it but that was of very crappy quality. For some reason almost every H2 i see is somehow riced or otherwise modified to look worse than it already is. I guess it's a requirement to be stupid to own a H2 around here with these gas prices...

JeepGrandCherokeeSRT-8.jpg

A Grand Cherokee SRT8. The owner's daughter goes to the same school as i, i don't know her though.

LexusLS460.jpg

A LS460, this one's from Estonia too. People don't seem to want LS's in Finland, i've seen a new one on Finnish plates only once, that was a LS600h, didn't get a picture of that though. Compared to all the S-Classes i've seen here, that isn't a lot. They have lots of them in Estonia, last time i was there for a few days i saw plenty of them.

LexusLS600hL2.jpg

A LS600h. Although this is on Estonian custom plates, it was here in Turku i saw this one.

MaseratiGransport.jpg

A Maserati Gransport, the only one i've ever seen.

MaseratiQuattroporte.jpg

A Quattroporte too, not very popular here, i've seen three in my entire life.

Mercedes-BenzCLK55AMG3.jpg

A CLK55 AMG with a fitting license plate.

Mercedes-BenzSL63AMG2.jpg

A SL63 AMG. Haven't seen one since, in fact not even any other post-facelift SL.

Porsche911Turbo996.jpg

A 996 911 Turbo. Notice the license plate! I actually ran a search on that license plate on a website that lists special plates, it's some hotshot CEO's car. :lol:

Porsche911997.jpg

A newer 911. Possibly a Turbo, at least it looks like one.

PorscheCayenneTurbo.jpg

A Cayenne Turbo. Used to be on sale at the same exotic dealership as the Viper (and a Continental GT and lots of other exotica, of which i have no pics).

Mitsubishi3000GT.jpg

A 3000GT, again the only one i've seen around here.

VolvoV70R.jpg

A Volvo V70R, this used to be parked near my school almost all the time. I've seen others too, but couldn't get pics.

I have more pics, but they're nothing really special, these are all of the interesting cars i have photographed. Will have to post as soon as i see something special again. Also, i have more pics of some of these cars, so if you want some, just ask and i'll see whether i have more. And if you're wondering, these were all taken with my Nokia N95.

Nice pictures, your hometown looks very nice.

I like how the hip-hop enthusiast had to park the wrong way round. I guess the temptation to be a dickwad is ever present when you drive an Escalade.

Nice to see some Lexus LS in Europe (Finland, in your case). It's hard for a big Japanese luxury sedan to be accepted by Europeans when outnumbered by Mercs, Audis, and BMWs.

Maybe it's a set of winter tires... just a hunch, but it's in Finland, so could be that.

That's probably it... you can see the wheels are covered in salt and grime. Nobody wants that on their pretty M rims that probably cost $1,000 each to replace.

I know most people who live in cold parts of Canada not only have winter tires, but winter wheels as well so the sand and salt thrown on the roads in winter doesn't eat away at it.

I know most people who live in cold parts of Canada not only have winter tires, but winter wheels as well so the sand and salt thrown on the roads in winter doesn't eat away at it.

That's very true, people in Toronto use those ugly black wheels for winter; it's quite a scene when a Merc S Class or a Bentley Continental drives down Bloor Street, traveling in style, with black metal wheels!!

Thanks for all the thanks. I'll sure keep the pics coming when i see something nice.

And yeah, i'd say the wheels on that M5 are winter ones. They actually have to be, since it's illegal to use regular tires (they're called summer tires here) after the 1st of December until the end of February. You have to use either studded tires or ones made of special compounds to provide more traction in ice and snow (i'm not sure what they're actually called, but a direct translation would be traction tires). And no, most people don't use their fancier wheels on those tires, mostly either hubcaps or smaller wheels. This happens mostly, as Shawn pointed out, because especially the salt does eat into the wheels and ruin them.

Salt (or sand for that matter) is no problem that I have noticed (and I take care of my car very well) as long as you go to a car wash once in a while. Which you have to go anyway in winter so that the car's underfloor gets washed. Salt needs to get washed off. And I have had no problems with sand or If I did it chipped the paint not the alloys.
We always on all cars have the same alloys on in winter on winter tires (and winters are quite harsh where I live) and even after a couple of years they looked new (minus the encounters with curbs). I dont know where this idea came from cause Ive also been hearing it for years but never really known anyone who could actually show me the effects of salt on his alloys. Maybe some older alloys had a problem with salt.

Last edited:
Salt (or sand for that matter) is no problem that I have noticed (and I take care of my car very well) as long as you go to a car wash once in a while. Which you have to go anyway in winter so that the car's underfloor gets washed. Salt needs to get washed off. And I have had no problems with sand or If I did it chipped the paint not the alloys.
We always on all cars have the same alloys on in winter on winter tires (and winters are quite harsh where I live) and even after a couple of years they looked new (minus the encounters with curbs). I dont know where this idea came from cause Ive also been hearing it for years but never really known anyone who could actually show me the effects of salt on his alloys. Maybe some older alloys had a problem with salt.
Well, there is chemical proof that road salt forms malicious compounds with metal and causing it to oxidize, but it's really a larger problem with car underbodies made of steel (which, when it gets oxidized, turns to rust), and obviously older cars are more at risk, because or worse or possibly no corrosion protection. However due to this oxidization, i think that alloys can get white spots on them (from school chemistry lessons, you should know that aluminum loses it's shine when in contact with air due to oxidization, and with more oxidization it goes white), which obviously isn't good for the looks factor.

I don't however know does the average exposure to road salt actually do this to alloys, but i'm sure if you abuse them, they will go bad. But then, anything will with enough abuse.

Saw some stuff today, a white M6 and my first Insignia.

BMWM62.jpg

BMWM6.jpg

OpelInsignia.jpg

Also saw a schoolmate's father's XJ8, but i'm afraid i didn't take a picture of it.

Ugh, those rims on that M6 are just hideous. Sadly i haven't seen that one yet, but hopefully someday it comes by.

But all in all, nice photos :wink:

wow, I must say that the Insignia looks brilliant!

Ugh, those rims on that M6 are just hideous. Sadly i haven't seen that one yet, but hopefully someday it comes by.

But all in all, nice photos :wink:

Winter tyres on the rims, that why they look like shit. Atleast he has the balls to drive a 500+ bhp rear driven coupe on the snow, props for that.:D

Winter tyres on the rims, that why they look like shit. Atleast he has the balls to drive a 500+ bhp rear driven coupe on the snow, props for that.:D
Yeah, it's not like we have any snow though. It's just rain.

Saw an SL500 today:

Mercedes-BenzSL5004.jpg

Mercedes-BenzSL5005.jpg

Unfortunately the pics aren't awesome (even though i've got a 5 mpix in my phone, it still can't handle darkness), but i guess they'll do.

Some old shots of an RS6 taken in Estonia.

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

I will start posting more old shots that i've been finding from the archives, since there haven't been many new sights around. I am going to London on the 9th of January and will stay for a few days, so expect to see a dumpload of car photos after my trip.

Last edited:
Is it just the camera or was the sl damaged in the back?
No, it was perfect. If you mean the scratched look at the back, it's light coming off the hotel sign you can see in the first pic, and my cell phone's camera decided it was ?berbright.