"Foreign" cars get vandalized in detroit area

nist7

Car(s)
2006 Acura TL
WOODHAVEN, Mich. -- It seems the economic conditions and the auto industry crisis is turning some Americans against Americans.

Woodhaven police said four cars on Friday, all produced by foreign carmakers, had two tires slashed and "Buy USA" written on them.

Police said three of the cars were parked in a strip mall in Woodhaven that sits next to a Ford stamping plant.

Kim Lebecki's 2009 Toyota Camry was one of the four targeted by the vandal.

"I work very hard to make the payment to drive the car of my choice in the United States and someone else has the audacity to destroy these vehicles," Lebecki said. "It saddens me to think, 'Is this a UAW member who did this?'"

One of incidents was caught on a security tape. A red Ford Escape is seen pulling into a parking space, a middle-aged man can be seen approaching a red foreign car and slashing both tires. The man can also be seen writing a message on the car before leaving.

"We don't have any positive evidence to link a Ford employee with this incident," said Lt. Robert Harabedian, of the Woodhaven Police Department.

Copyright 2008 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/18272208/detail.html

So I am intrigued at just how foreign are these so-called foreign cars?

I've had some debates with some friends about how to "support America." Their biggest argument is that even though Toyota and Honda makes most of their cars here in America, they say that the profit still goes back to Tokyo/Japan whereas an American car profit goes back to Detroit. And that has to be true to a certain degree, otherwise the Tokyo big wigs won't be making any money. But then again, foreign car companies have alot of investments here and alot of American truck drivers, mechanics, businessmen, factory workers also depend on foreign car companies for their job....

Toyota and Honda makes most of their cars here in America, they say that the profit still goes back to Tokyo/Japan whereas an American car profit goes back to Detroit. And that has to be true to a certain degree, otherwise the Tokyo big wigs won't be making any money. But then again, foreign car companies have alot of investments here and alot of American truck drivers, mechanics, businessmen, factory workers also depend on foreign car companies for their job....

Okay, so an American could buy a Ford/GM car made in Mexico, so the profits go back to the American executives, or they could buy a Japanese car which is built in America, and thus actually supports the Americans working in the factories. She bought the Camry, which I think is US-built in the NA market, but she could have bought the Ford Fusion, which is Mexican built. Wow.

I guess the vandals were too stupid to realize that the Camry is made in the US. It's simply her choice for picking the better car...that is, until the 2010 Fusion comes out. Ford and GM are guilty of outsourcing the building as well, but it is beneficial to them (GM+Ford) because of NAFTA (cheaper labor/no UAW).

"to destroy these vehicles"

I'm not quite sure that slashing two tires counts as destroying a vehicle. If they used sledgehammers all over the car, then they could claim it was destroyed.

"to destroy these vehicles"

I'm not quite sure that slashing two tires counts as destroying a vehicle. If they used sledgehammers all over the car, then they could claim it was destroyed.

America is a disposable society, remember.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/18272208/detail.html

So I am intrigued at just how foreign are these so-called foreign cars?

I've had some debates with some friends about how to "support America." Their biggest argument is that even though Toyota and Honda makes most of their cars here in America, they say that the profit still goes back to Tokyo/Japan whereas an American car profit goes back to Detroit. And that has to be true to a certain degree, otherwise the Tokyo big wigs won't be making any money. But then again, foreign car companies have alot of investments here and alot of American truck drivers, mechanics, businessmen, factory workers also depend on foreign car companies for their job....

Whut?

I find it funny that the person was driving a Ford Escape, a SUV jointly designed by those slant eyed yellow devils over at Mazda. :rolleyes:

Anyone lecturing to "buy USA" is a supreme hypocrite or totally removed from the marketplace to not rely on one foreign product.

Fucking Neanderthals.

At this rate, who knows how long it is before we get another Vincent Chin again.

Failures. Can't think of anything else to say. :lol:

Still, if it happens over here I'm more than safe, as are both of my parents' cars (Ford Ka and Rover 400).

I find it funny that the person was driving a Ford Escape, a SUV jointly designed by those slant eyed yellow devils over at Mazda. :rolleyes:

Anyone lecturing to "buy USA" is a supreme hypocrite or totally removed from the marketplace to not rely on one foreign product.

And really the Escape is a pretty bad car. It's fairly functional and pretty reliable, a bit pointless though, an expensive, gas slurping, almost SUV with less space and versatility than the average hatchback. To buy a Escape in red, sheesh.

I heard that this happened a few times at one of the Ford offices in Dearborn, they're all idiots.

So in Detroit, "foreign" cars get vandalised.
In parts of London, 4x4s get vandalised.
And in some places "green" hybrids - like Prii - get vandalised.

As far as I can tell the only safe bet is to drive something nobody cares about at all, like an Austin Allegro. Then again I'd rather eat my own foot.

Communism FTW! "When you live in America, you have to buy only American products."

Fucking Neanderthals.

At this rate, who knows how long it is before we get another Vincent Chin again.

Only one?

Just wait until GM and Chrysler are bankrupt and people are losing their jobs by the hundreds of thousands. They'll look for someone to blame...

Fucking Neanderthals.

:sick::sick::sick:

As a chinese american, I am as sickened by this as I am embarrassed that I did not know of Vincent Chin until now. As MacGuffin mentioned, if/when the big 3 starts to lay off people by the thousands......

I see what you did there. lol

As a chinese american, I am as sickened by this as I am embarrassed that I did not know of Vincent Chin until now. As MacGuffin mentioned, if/when the big 3 starts to lay off people by the thousands......

I see what you did there. lol

I remember Vincent Chin like it was yesterday.

You guys are right. If things keep up I bet you are going to see some real problems with violence. Remember back in the 80's how common it was to get Japanese cars attacked?

I am also Asian... and they're going to be closing the GM plant here in Arlington, TX. They are perfectly welcome to try conclusions with me as I only have import vehicles.

Unfortunately for them, I normally carry this and I am trained to use it:

450_800px-SpringfieldXd45acp.jpg

Springfield Armory XD45 - .45 caliber, made in CROATIA (not the US, because Springfield couldn't find anyone in the Northern US that would make it with adequate quality - thanks unions!), 13+1 rounds, no waiting.

Someone wishing to beat Asians for fun because their stupid ass couldn't screw the cars together (and therefore properly lost their job) had best decide that this is a BAD idea before I introduce them to the Texas self-defense laws and the practical application thereof.

That said, I really don't expect problems down here. It's only in the heavy-gun-control states that stupid shit like the Vincent Chin beating happens.

Vehicle vandalism incidents and other such union thuggery will make even *fewer* people want to buy their product. Which they are too stupid to realize, naturally.

Last edited:
I am also Asian... and they're going to be closing the GM plant here in Arlington, TX. They are perfectly willing to try conclusions with me (I only have import vehicles)... I normally carry this and I am trained to use it.

450_800px-SpringfieldXd45acp.jpg

Springfield Armory XD45 - .45 caliber, made in CROATIA (not the US, because Springfield couldn't find anyone in the Northern US that would make it with adequate quality - thanks unions!), 13+1 rounds, no waiting.

Someone thinking that beating Asians for fun because their stupid ass couldn't screw the cars together and properly lost their job had best decide that this is a BAD idea before I introduce them to the Texas self-defense laws and the practical application thereof.

That said, I really don't expect problems down here. It's only in the heavy-gun-control states that stupid shit like the Vincent Chin beating happens.

You're in Texas, everybody carries guns. If you wanna send one here to your fellow brother here in MA and help me fight the man, go for it. :p

Sorry, I won't ship arms to the Peepul's Reepublik of Taxachusetts. They're "highly restricted" there, doncha know. :p

Besides, you have to be 21 to buy ammo for it anyway. I suggest a Taser in the meantime.

Oooo, an XD... Usually I'm a Glock or 1911 guy, but I've heard great things about the XD. Plus its a Springer, so its not shit!

Anyway, as an Asian-American, I can sadly say that racism still exists in the US. Big deal. This isn't a racist incident. This kind of bullshit is more ignorant lashing out. Its understandable, but shameful still. Honestly I'm not surprised this is happening. Sickening, but understandable to an extent.