"Foreign" cars get vandalized in detroit area

Unfortunately for them, I normally carry this and I am trained to use it:

450_800px-SpringfieldXd45acp.jpg

Springfield Armory XD45 - .45 caliber, made in CROATIA (not the US, because Springfield couldn't find anyone in the Northern US that would make it with adequate quality - thanks unions!), 13+1 rounds, no waiting.

Someone wishing to beat Asians for fun because their stupid ass couldn't screw the cars together (and therefore properly lost their job) had best decide that this is a BAD idea before I introduce them to the Texas self-defense laws and the practical application thereof.

That said, I really don't expect problems down here. It's only in the heavy-gun-control states that stupid shit like the Vincent Chin beating happens.

Vehicle vandalism incidents and other such union thuggery will make even *fewer* people want to buy their product. Which they are too stupid to realize, naturally.

ha! I was just thinking about self-defense options! The minimum age here in Missouri for a CCW permit is 23, so I only have about 6 months to wait before going to sign up for a class and then write/bribe the Jackson County Sheriff. Although I do need to hit up the local shooting range more often to practice basic/proper pistol handling and shooting.

Oddly enough, one of my good Asian friend is a huge gun enthusiast. And I have him to thank for getting me interested in various forms of small firearms. I've been told that SA and Glock makes good pistols without breaking your bank, while I've also been advised to stay away from Berettas. And the higher-dollar brands like Kimber and CZ are really nice, I've shot one of each of those and I remember them being very nice to shoot...even though I was a gun noob back then.

edit: Holy crap. CZ is actually headquartered right here in Kansas City, doing import/repair/stocking parts/etc. Good thing to know.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, a friend of mine is a huge gun enthusiast, and I'm not completely disinterested myself either. Should I ever move back to the states again, I need to get training.

But Spectre, I thought you were safe, because you always mention how great the south is for not having UAW?

Oooo, an XD... Usually I'm a Glock or 1911 guy, but I've heard great things about the XD. Plus its a Springer, so its not shit!

Anyway, as an Asian-American, I can sadly say that racism still exists in the US. Big deal. This isn't a racist incident. This kind of bullshit is more ignorant lashing out. Its understandable, but shameful still. Honestly I'm not surprised this is happening. Sickening, but understandable to an extent.

I love my XD45. The grip angle is identical to the 1911 or Browning High Power (my perennial favorite).

Yeah. There is still racism against Asians in this country, but most Asians don't dwell on it or let them be held back by it. We just simply tuck our heads down a little more and pull a little harder, work a little faster. We don't use it as an excuse to goof off and "blame whitey" (Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, I'm looking at you.)

That's why you don't hear much about anti-Asian racism - because the Asians don't complain, we just prove the idiots wrong or bigoted... or both. We don't produce a "community organizer" to go out and race bait on TV or demand reparations.

ha! I was just thinking about self-defense options! The minimum age here in Missouri for a CCW permit is 23, so I only have about 6 months to wait before going to sign up for a class and then write/bribe the Jackson County Sheriff. Although I do need to hit up the local shooting range more often to practice basic/proper pistol handling and shooting.

Oddly enough, one of my good Asian friend is a huge gun enthusiast. And I have him to thank for getting me interested in various forms of small firearms. I've been told that SA and Glock makes good pistols without breaking your bank, while I've also been advised to stay away from Berettas. And the higher-dollar brands like Kimber and CZ are really nice, I've shot one of each of those and I remember them being very nice to shoot...even though I was a gun noob a couple years ago....heh

Actually, CZ is not one of the higher-dollar brands. Their products, while not cheap, are on the inexpensive side - but of excellent quality. Berettas are okay for sporting use and some of their models are ideal for the handicapped, but the 92FS and related models have had some disturbing problems appear while in general service. In addition, Berettas tend to be larger than they should be for the number of rounds they hold.

Hmmmm, a friend of mine is a huge gun enthusiast, and I'm not completely disinterested myself either. Should I ever move back to the states again, I need to get training.

But Spectre, I thought you were safe, because you always mention how great the south is for not having UAW?

We do still have the UAW at the one or two GM plants left in the South, that's because of their master agreement (all US or Canadian GM/Ford/Chrysler plants must be UAW), but the UAW has no power here with our polticians or anyone else. In fact, the fastest way to kill any proposed legislation in this state is to point out that the UAW is supporting it. The UAW is much hated and despised here.

I'm not seriously worried about it. I do worry about those in more union-dominated states (where the UAW actually has political power and influence over local law enforcement). Not coincidentally, those are also some of the states where gun control is very strict.

And the UAW (as well as American unions in general) have a long tradition of violence, vandalism and general thuggery at the *best* of times.

Last edited:
I always said you should legally be able to shoot someone for vandalizing your vehicle. Make the world a better place, one spent shell at a time. :p

Well, not really. But it is bullshit. You can't blame people for wanting a good car for their money. Should that person who bought a Camry have chosen a Ford Taurus instead? No one could be that cruel. It's the idiotic morons at the UAW that got the proposed bail out thrown out of congress because they were unwilling to compromise. They want to be unemployed? That's fine with me. No one should be forced to support these unskilled morons.

Okay, so an American could buy a Ford/GM car made in Mexico, so the profits go back to the American executives, or they could buy a Japanese car which is built in America, and thus actually supports the Americans working in the factories. She bought the Camry, which I think is US-built in the NA market, but she could have bought the Ford Fusion, which is Mexican built. Wow.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'd rather support the men/women working the lines to build a product I actually want that is also built locally than support give my money to a CEO who will most likely spend most of my money on foreign goods (isn't Mulally (@ford) rockin' a Lexus?) and foreign labor.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'd rather support the men/women working the lines to build a product I actually want that is also built locally than support give my money to a CEO who will most likely spend most of my money on foreign goods (isn't Mulally (@ford) rockin' a Lexus?) and foreign labor.

Heh. It'd be interesting to checkout what's parked on the driveways of the upper management people at the big 3. We will definitely see some big American power (Viper, GT, ZR1, CTS-V, etc.) there will probably be a fair share of foreign-sourced vehicles as well. And yes I think Mulally does drive a Lexus to work everyday; and I think he's the first to be allowed to do that because all the previous CEOs with Ford in their last name HAD to drive Ford cars to work due to some tradition. And apparently Mullaly's philosophy is that when/if Ford builds a better car than his Lexus then he will start driving that instead :lol:

Okay, so an American could buy a Ford/GM car made in Mexico, so the profits go back to the American executives losses fuck up the American share/bondholder (often a retirement or mutual fund or some other institution whose performance actually affects ordinary people), or they could buy a Japanese car which is built in America, and thus actually supports the Americans working in the factories. She bought the Camry, which I think is US-built in the NA market, but she could have bought the Ford Fusion, which is Mexican built. Wow.

The sad truth, and to that I would hate to add "...American taxpayer propping up a puppet of a corpse"

Sorry, I won't ship arms to the Peepul's Reepublik of Taxachusetts. They're "highly restricted" there, doncha know. :p

Besides, you have to be 21 to buy ammo for it anyway. I suggest a Taser in the meantime.

I hate this state SO MUCH

I always said you should legally be able to shoot someone for vandalizing your vehicle. Make the world a better place, one spent shell at a time. :p

It is legal to shoot a person who is vandalizing or attempting to vandalize your car in Texas.

For some strange reason, we don't have a lot of car vandalism. I can't imagine why.

I hate this state SO MUCH

Heh.

Think of it this way - those who favor gun control *want* women to be raped because they deny women the most effective tool for stopping a rapist.

I'm male, but for some reason I find it very hard to support people who support rapists.

Last edited:
Y'all need to come down south. Better weather, better laws, and no salt on the roads....
Honestly, Ford is the least worse of the three. Their Asian and European divisions run awesome. GM and Chrysler? You got to be kidding me. I'm not sure how you could help the two. The VOLT?!?!?!?!? Too little, too damn late. The country, by bailing these assholes out, is making me an investor in these people. You know what? I do fine investing on my own and I don't invest in shit. Either you strip down and get some damn concessions from the autos and the unions, or now buyout. End of story.

Well the stupid part is a foregone conclusion. :) If unions want the bailout they should compromise and accept a compensation cut. The Big 3 are under their vice-grip and I bet labor is the #1 cost center for their company

I guess the vandals were too stupid to realize that the Camry is made in the US. It's simply her choice for picking the better car...that is, until the 2010 Fusion comes out. Ford and GM are guilty of outsourcing the building as well, but it is beneficial to them (GM+Ford) because of NAFTA (cheaper labor/no UAW).

It is legal to shoot a person who is vandalizing or attempting to vandalize your car in Texas.

For some strange reason, we don't have a lot of car vandalism. I can't imagine why.

Heh.

Think of it this way - those who favor gun control *want* women to be raped because they deny women the most effective tool for stopping a rapist.

I'm male, but for some reason I find it very hard to support people who support rapists.
Dude. We need PERMITS FOR MACE
PERMITS for MACE :?
WTF

thank god for my deadly choke knowledge or i'd be totally screwed D:

Well the stupid part is a foregone conclusion. :) If unions want the bailout they should compromise and accept a compensation cut. The Big 3 are under their vice-grip and I bet labor is the #1 cost center for their company

You're actually quite wrong. Union labour accounts for about 10% of the production of a vehicle at GM. Most of the rest goes into parts, acquisition, manufacturing costs, building maintenance, R&D, management overhead, and so on.

If you listen only to Republican senators (who, by and large are from Southern states, and are protecting their non-unionized foreign automaker turf), then you'd be led to believe that the UAW plants are costing vastly more. In terms of actual labour costs, this simply isn't true -- the unionized worker averages $3-$4 more an hour than non-unionized. The UAW has secured better health benefits for their workers, too, which is perfectly reasonable. We're talking about people who work in manufacturing plants for 30-40 years... folks like that deserve decent health coverage. The amount of money the big 3 spends in supporting long-time and past employees is far higher than the foreign auto-makers have to spend, because they're all comparatively a lot newer. Republicans on principle generally hate unions (especially now, since they all got in line behind Barack Obama & the Democrats, and Obama kicked the sweet everloving shit out of the Republicans this year), and this is their latest attempt to pin the destruction of the auto industry on unions.

And while you're at it, stop dragging Ford into this. Ford has been able to keep their act together by making the necessary cuts and changes much sooner (i.e. years ago), and while the quality of their North American products isn't great, they're at least comparatively stable from a financial perspective.

No, you know what the problem is? GM's overhead costs are fucking astronomical! The amount of duplication of work in that company would blow your mind. I'm not talking about union manufacturing jobs here; I'm talking about having far more brands (with complete marketing, R&D, design, etc. etc.) than any company needs to have. GM competes with itself in several markets! It's utterly ridiculous.

Honestly, Ford is the least worse of the three. Their Asian and European divisions run awesome. GM and Chrysler? You got to be kidding me. I'm not sure how you could help the two. The VOLT?!?!?!?!? Too little, too damn late. The country, by bailing these assholes out, is making me an investor in these people. You know what? I do fine investing on my own and I don't invest in shit. Either you strip down and get some damn concessions from the autos and the unions, or now buyout. End of story.

GM is actually selling Buicks and Cadillacs to the Chinese like there's no tomorrow. I think GM already has 2 plants up in Shanghai and is thinking about building a R&D center there in the near future, although that may not come to fruition seeing the current state of things.

And I actually like the Volt alot. The bailout bill will be passed like the wall street bailout...failed first time but will pass 2nd time with added "sweeteners" aka bribes for the senators/congressmen.

WTF

Hm. Well, good luck with that... until you encounter the just-out-of-prison rapist with a neck like steel from all the iron he's been pumping in jail, and then you're just doomed.

News stories like this make me lose faith in humanity (what little I have left).

WTF

Sounds like you need to leave Soviet Massachusetts for the free world :p ;)

Connecticut is just as screwed up as Mass for gun laws. I so badly want an AK-47 but they're not allowed. So why is it the AK-74 is legal? Stupid. Technically my SKS isn't even legal because of the adjustable stock I put on it. I guess now that I can make it only 30 inches long, I can conceal it in my coat pocket :rolleyes:

The vandalization of those cars proves that there are redneck UAW workers out there who still think that we make the greatest cars in the world and buying the car we want and know is better is unpatriotic and making them lose their jobs.

yeah, USA "the land of the free", unless you buy a Japanese car, we'll slash your tyres

srsly, don't these people think that the car companies are atleast a LITTLE to blame? If they didn't make shitty cars, people would be buying them.

Alright, with one side armed with baseball bats and the other side with guns, the fun can begin. Let's start the riots...

Honestly, am I the only one who got a very bad feeling while reading the posts in this thread? :blink: