"Foreign" cars get vandalized in detroit area

Well, Spectre... just for the record: Do you want to say there are similarities between the current USA and Germany between 1933-1945...?

Because that is the only reason I can think of, why you would go on such a history excursion here...

Nope. What I am saying is that what you desire, a state monopoly on violence to the exclusion of the citizen's right to self defense is both a) highly undesirable and b) a road that your country specifically has been down before, much to its great shame.

It seems someone needs to reread Machiavelli's "The Prince" :D

Last edited:
Basically, he's trying to say that America now is the opposite of Germany in the thirties and forties, because no-one's trying to take away people's guns.

Nope. What I am saying is that what you desire, a state monopoly on violence to the exclusion of the citizen's right to self defense is both a) highly undesirable and b) a road that your country specifically has been down before, much to its great shame.

So you say that people being peaceful and unarmed, will eventually lead to a dictatorship?

And you also say that people are unable to learn from bad experiences in history?
Basically, he's trying to say that America now is the opposite of Germany in the thirties and forties, because no-one's trying to take away people's guns.

So if the Germans in the 1930's would have been armed, Hitler wouldn't have risen to power and we wouldn't have had WW II or what?

That's the solution then: Let's all become Texan and the world will become a happy paradise :)

Last edited:
So you say that people being peaceful and unarmed, will eventually lead to a dictatorship?

Not necessarily a dictatorship... But historically? Pretty much, that or worse. Just ask the Poles, Ethiopians, Czechs, the Ainu of Japan, the American Indians.....

And you also say that people are unable to learn from bad experiences in history?

So if the Germans in the 1930's would have been armed, Hitler wouldn't have risen to power and we wouldn't have had WW II or what?

Considering that people are still repeating some of the same mistakes as they did in the Great Depression, people are likely morons.

If nothing else, armed Jews would probably have resulted in fewer slaughtered Jews.

Not necessarily a dictatorship... But historically? Pretty much, that or worse. Just ask the Poles, Ethiopians, Czechs, the Ainu of Japan, the American Indians.....

Don't mix up the civil population being unarmed with a state not having an army to defend itself...

If nothing else, armed Jews would probably have resulted in fewer slaughtered Jews.

So that is your conclusion from the Holocaust? Interesting, that nobody else has ever come to see it that way... :rolleyes:

But speaking of learning from history: How come the USA do not have a memorial or museum for the victims of the slaughter of Native Americans? I mean, I was in San Antonio and have seen what a fuzz they make with the Alamo... but no fuzz at all about all that killing of innocent people, including women and children...

As far as I know, the biggest memorial on that is the movie "Dances with Wolves"

Last edited:
And while you're at it, stop dragging Ford into this. Ford has been able to keep their act together by making the necessary cuts and changes much sooner (i.e. years ago), and while the quality of their North American products isn't great, they're at least comparatively stable from a financial perspective.
This always bugs me. As far as "Initial Quality" is concerned, Ford and Mercury are on par with Toyota and Honda. That's courtesy JD Powers and Associates, '08. Heh, I agree with the rest of what you said though.

It seems someone needs to reread Machiavelli's "The Prince" :D
Such a fantastic work. Guaranteed to turn you into a cynical asshole in all matters concerning politicians. I'm not sure if it's amazing or sad how much of "The Prince" is still applicable to politics.

:lol: People did keep buying GM for the last few decades.

On the other hand, I do transport sensitive materials, large amounts of cash, go to less than savory neighborhoods at odd hours, etc., etc. - all as part of my job and the IT contracts I've been paid to do.

LOL Spectre, I guess I've deciphered your identity :lol: :lmao:

2_transporter_2_050928034121805_wideweb__300x414.jpg

Do you always carry a spare suit in the boot, by any chance?

LOL, the Transporter 4 will feature a Jaguar :lol:

:lol: People did keep buying GM for the last few decades.

Yes, and they are all Americans!

Now if that isn't a reason to worry about them :lol:

Of course it was justice. I can let gun ownership slide if it's for self-defence, and even, to an extent, for protecting property. But can you honestly say that he shouldn't have gone to prison for shooting a man in the back while he was running away, using an illegally held combat shotgun?
If you condone that then it may well be your attitude that has got you into so many scrapes.

Airport cops in most European countries carry submachineguns. In addition, the Italian carabinieri are quite famous for their Beretta SMGs. The Brits have deployed "armed response teams" with H&K MP5 SMGs around London in roaming vans.

In addition, the Glock 18 fully-automatic machine pistol (SMG in all but name, size, and appearance) is quite popular in Europe and is seen in many continental police holsters. It is easily distinguished from the Glock 17 or 19 by the round rotary mode switch on the left side of the slide:

Well most of the stuff you've described are part of the post 9/11 anti-terrorism measures. The typical policemen here only have CZ 75 pistols and don't even have any additional guns in the patrol car. A friend of mine's got a non-uniformed administrative job at the police and he only takes his gun to the mandatory trainings and keeps it in the safe the rest of the time.

This happened a few miles from my home. I live in the town over from Woodhaven. Everyone in my family drives a "foreign" car, and we have all been hassled by asinine auto workers. Acts like this completely put me off from buying an American car. I don't want to buy one just out of spite.

Would you be terribly surprised, if I told you that I was never robbed, chased or tried to be mugged in my entire life? And I have been to several big cities. Apart from some reckless bicycle riders, I have never felt like being in danger - not even at night. My cars have never been stolen, broken into or vandalized.

Spectre must attract violence. I've lived in and known others who have lived in much of the same area's he has in California. None of us have ever had troubles with being mugged or the like.

Hell Compton and South Central LA are both known for their riots and general lawlessness. I walked down the streets of Compton just 2 weeks ago (for 6 days) and the only eventful thing that happened was someone covered the last 10cents I didn't have on me to buy a drink.

American cities used to be a lot more violent as recently as the early-90's, but a lot of that shit has been cleaned up. Proved by my statement above.

LOL, the Transporter 4 will feature a Jaguar :lol:

Sweet! Another Transporter movie? Mindless entertainment FTMFW!!! :lol:

This happened a few miles from my home. I live in the town over from Woodhaven. Everyone in my family drives a "foreign" car, and we have all been hassled by asinine auto workers. Acts like this completely put me off from buying an American car. I don't want to buy one just out of spite.

Wow. That must be scary...especially the part in bold. I was thinking this may be more of an isolated incident but man....remind me to never live in detroit...or near any domestic car factory for that matter :| (ha! how did I forget GM has a plant right up north in KCK.....doh!)

It seems that not only some of those UAW guys are ignorant, they are quite dumb. If they think they can make people buy domestic by damaging other people's cars??? sigh.....

If they think they can make people buy domestic by damaging other people's cars??? sigh.....
No, they've long ago come to terms with the fact that most people won't touch anything they build. For the vast majority of disgruntled thugs, it's because of their powerlessness over consumer's choices that they lash out; they figured "Hey fuck it, they ain't buyin our shit either way, so we might as well leave a few thank-you notes on the way out." It's part of their coping mechanism, however anti-social it may be.

And we all know that that in effect can turn more people off of union-made cars. Those pesky 'vicious cycles' will getcha every time!

Last edited:
Honestly, am I the only one who got a very bad feeling while reading the posts in this thread? :blink:

I also got it.
Also, I never knew Spectre was asian!:lol:
Must be all the Jaguars and guns,,,:mrgreen: