Votes: 75 56.4%
  • I go to the barber shop

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I'm really oldskool and shave with a straight razor

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • I'm a girl / I'm Jesus

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
Disposable blade here. I tend to shave either once a week or once every two weeks if I'm feeling lazy.

And damn it, I've used the same blade for two years and I haven't cut myself yet.

GilletteFusionPower-774744.JPG

Gillette Fusion Power user here.

I use the Mach 3 still, and i get a month's use out of it, if i shave weekly. Since i usually shave after a good amount of growth, i limit it to 4 shaves per blade, because i did notice the drop in smoothness and increase in cuts after 4 times. And since i shave against the grain, it does help to have a less blunted blade.

I like to use extremely hot water to heat the razor. Cuts like a hot knife through butter. Might help extend the life of the blades.

That helps me get a smooth line, since i don't have any of those electric trimming gizmos :(

And damn it, I've used the same blade for two years and I haven't cut myself yet.

that's because you probably

A)are very careful with the blade
B)are not a hairy bastard, unlike some of us
C)you don't shave a lot
or
D)All of the above.

Srsly, if you shave every day, and find out a way to make a razor blade last for longer than 1 month without ripping the hell out of your face, tell me.

You can sort of tell if the blue bit at the top starts to fade, that it's time to get a new one

Mach3 for me, but I tend to wait until it goes white before replacing the blade. I only shave every four or five days (yay for slow growth), generally without foam as I dont have time/cant be bothered.

Bic-shavers.jpg

Morrisons/Asda triple blade disposables for me, every other day with normal shaving gel. Slightly annoyed though because last night I got out a new blade (even though my other one had been going for about 5 weeks without a single cut or nick) and promptly made a little slice in my nose.

I always said I would only use electric when I was younger, but it takes very little effort to lather up. :)

As posted in that thread, electric shavers tend to really hurt my skin, i get lots and lots of tiny cuts from them. My skin is pretty sensitive, so i just shave once every week - every other week with a mach3 razor and Rituals shaving creme (http://www.rituals.com/uken/productview.ecp?productnr=295)
... same here, or about the same. I shave every two days only ... and then with disp. blades.
I use a gillette sensor, the really old one ... (some of you might be wondering why they still sell the blades and who buys them ... here?s your answer :))
Gillette_sensor_hdle_md.jpg

It just works and is rather smooth to my skin. So I don?t bother changing it for a new one ... and I actually can?t recall having cut myself in the last couple of years ...

As foam, I use this ...
0044584_m.jpg

Also rather basic ... but it (also) works for me so I won?t bother looking for new stuff ...

Don?t like the electric stuff ... sure, it might be faster and if you don?t get pimpels fast because of your skin, it?s perhaps a nice alternative ... but I actually like shaving in the morning as a little ritual of starting your day ... and no matter what you (or the industry) says ... not one electric shaver I?ve tried has deliverd results anywhere close ...

cheap razors, I mean like .... really cheap ones.

one of those "bag of 20s" cheap BIC razors.

Mach3 here. I only shave every week or so tho. And if something comes up and I have to shave in less then a week I REALLY hate it...it kills me skin :/

Mach3 here. I only shave every week or so tho. And if something comes up and I have to shave in less then a week I REALLY hate it...it kills me skin :/

If you haven't already, you should definitely look into shaving gels/creams that are for sensitive skin. I used to not be able to use them until I found this type of thing.

Also remember: Shaving is similar to anal sex: "too much lube is almost enough."

Another Mach3 user here, with King of Shaves gel.

I tried a fusion but threw it out after a couple of months, they have crammed the blades too close together for my tastes so it gets clogged up too easy. Mach 3 is just right.

I just use the drogerie markt private label stuff for shaving. It's a lot cheaper than the horribly overpriced Gillette stuff and the quality is not all that much worse, as far as I can tell.

Man I'm so jealous of everyone who only needs to shave once a week. I get real bad 05:00 shadow if I don't do it everyday. It's so annoying! I need a cream or something to slow my hair down. Oh and the multiblades cut the crap out of me and give me razorburn from hell.

st_nair_f.jpg
?

Same here, though mine is the 5790. I am never, EVER, going back to straight razors again. These lemon-scented self-cleaning blue-lit thingamabobbers are just way too damn cool.

Last edited:
Wait... Jesus was white? :|

/My thread on shaving was the best...
//Some of you old-timers may remember that one :cool::lol:

Of course he was, you don't think all of those bible thumping bigots in the south would be praying to a brown person :rolleyes:

Before you go for the neg-rep button, pull that post out of your ass, its a joke people.