nVidia Ion - want!

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
Oh nice, that's quite good.... until your laptop heats up to a billion degrees because of it.

fuck that box looks ugly.

paired with an Intel Atom CPU, can you say LAG?

and yes, I agree on the overheating issue.

The box is small enough to hide behind my TV.

Do want. :D

Do not want. What you want is a PCH!

Why don't you sensible people buy a PCH like many of us here at fg and the internets have.

That's not as cool as AppleTV. ATV can easily be hacked to run full OS X. Imagine, the world's cheapest brand new Mac, just $200.

Will it crash and burn like their other mobile chips? :D

nope, the 9400s are made properly, its just the 9600s that arent lol!

this 9400 chip is supposedly the exact same one as in the new MacBooks

paired with an Intel Atom CPU, can you say LAG?

and yes, I agree on the overheating issue.

its only a prototype and i dont think its gonna overheat.... might have some tiny high pitched fans though!!... however, just imaging taping this to the back of your tv or tv cabinet, out of sight..... it would be amazing

Me, I don't see what's so ugly about it. It's a tiny box. Could be put just about anywhere and do its job. I'd love one for my car and I wouldn't care how it looks 'cause I'd never see it anyhow. Do Want.

Me, I don't see what's so ugly about it. It's a tiny box. Could be put just about anywhere and do its job. I'd love one for my car and I wouldn't care how it looks 'cause I'd never see it anyhow. Do Want.

They could have put more thought into it, at least make some effort to make the box look good. I'm not saying go stylish like apple now, but at least make a box that looks eye pleasing.

Do not want. What you want is a PCH!

Oh yes. But 'tis the season, and possibly a PCH order given today may arrive after some company releases a Ion platform nettop :D Still, worth the wait.

how much, do want for my wind

Wait I could almost get a new computer for that, a little pricey in my books for something so limited and laggy.

Last edited:
Why don't you sensible people buy a PCH like many of us here at fg and the internets have.
I know what I'm getting for Christmas now...

Yes, and when a new codec comes along after 2 years, I want to NOT be able to play it! :mrgreen:

They release firmware updates often and everything it currently plays is going to be around for at least 2yrs. What device do you buy that is future proofed by more than 2yrs anyway? <_<

Myself, Jensked, Derek, Cruzz & Chris, to name a few own a PCH, no regrets, its by far one of the most comprehensive & easy to use all-in-one devices out there.

PC >>>>>>>>>>>> a box that plays videos
With PCH the only thing you can do is play videos, with a PC you can do whatever you want.

PC >>>>>>>>>>>> a box that plays videos
With PCH the only thing you can do is play videos, with a PC you can do whatever you want.
Yes, but, can I make a PC that has HDMI output, digital audio, a nice interface, wireless networking, and a remote for less than $250?

I've tried, and the answer is "not very well".

They could have put more thought into it, at least make some effort to make the box look good. I'm not saying go stylish like apple now, but at least make a box that looks eye pleasing.
It's only a concept. I don't think Nvidia is going to be even making the cases for it. They are just going to sell the board and let other people worry about the cases.