Zenvo ST1: Danish supercar with 1104 BHP

I don't care how fast that thing goes, or whether it will kill you instantly; what they did, is do what SSC tried to do, but make it look amazingly awesome. In all senses of the words; Do Want.

So many haters on any car with lots of hp (Veyron fanboys mostly).....How do you know it's not good? How do you know they only built it for the massive power? If you could read it actually says they wanted to build a quality handmade supercar. so stfu
You got that bit wrong there. It doesn't need a Veyron fanboy to notice that since the Bugatti has popped up, there's a strangely large amount of 1000+ hp cars around. But other than for showing off, why does one actually need 1000 hp and more? Now, I, and I'm sure the others meant the same, am not saying that this car is bad because of that. It's just that we fear that this car only has a four digit hp figure because the Veyron exists. And that's a bit of a shame, since it might have a negative effect on reliability and driveability.

If it's a real car with the performance specs listed, why are all the "photographs" superimposed renders? I call BS until I see real photos or videos.

If it was really Danish, it would never have existed. Danes are not known for being flamboyant. Stylish, yes.

I call bullshit. The designer must be a Swede. :p

The images look good, but I am with Berserkercatsplat on this one.

Bloody Veyron - now all that everyone seems to want to do is beat it's output, which isn't what being a superb supercar is about.

It's called 'armchair racing' and 'obsession with numbers' remember the ppl here on these forums are no better, going back n forth with pointless arguements like 'GTR vs ZR1' using numbers and specs.

We are all guilty of the same idiocy.

But to play devil's advocate, since you stated power output beating isn't what being a superb supercar is about, let's hear your answer to what being a superb supercar is about. Use concrete examples please.

No moaning about it having pushrods?

very well

*groan* but it has pushrods!

there, now everyone is happy.

Looks sooooo mean. I wantz :cool:

Wonder how ridunkulous the specs will be.

I like the way it looks. Too bad the gumbert didn't come out that nice, this looks similair with the exception that it looks good :D

Zenvo_ST1_front.jpg

It looks like a goldfish.

973358_gold_fish_with_open_mouth.jpg

But to play devil's advocate, since you stated power output beating isn't what being a superb supercar is about, let's hear your answer to what being a superb supercar is about. Use concrete examples please.

It's simple - a true supercar has headline numbers because of the process, passion & insanity behind it. The Veyron & those chasing it reverse that process - they start with the big numbers & work backwards, which makes it purely an engineering exercise (indeed, the Veyron's reason for existence is as a marketing tool), as if having 1000+HP is all it's really about and instantly qualifies the car as a supercar. In my book it doesn't, and never will.

I realise there's plenty of people who don't agree with me, and the whole Veyron argument has been had over and over, but that's where I stand on this 1000+HP / 400+Km/h chase that's going on.

Last edited:
It's simple - a true supercar has headline numbers because of the process, passion & insanity behind it. The Veyron & those chasing it reverse that process - they start with the big numbers & work backwards, which makes it purely an engineering exercise (indeed, the Veyron's reason for existence is as a marketing tool), as if having 1000+HP is all it's really about and instantly qualifies the car as a supercar. In my book it doesn't, and never will.

I realise there's plenty of people who don't agree with me, and the whole Veyron argument has been had over and over, but that's where I stand on this 1000+HP / 400+Km/h chase that's going on.
Though I like the Veyron, I absolutely agree with you. VW had to bring the Veyron above the magic numbers of 400 km/h and 1000 ps to make a statement, to make it stand out above the usual supercars.

The true supercar that is made to be a true supercar and not a statement however doesn't need that, since it's not being made to impress, rather than to be a good car. Therefore, cars like the McLaren F1 and the Pagani Zonda nail the idea for me with their V12 powerplants. Numbers are hollow words with these cars, cause the power you get from these engines simply is enough. Who cares whether it has 300 hp less or 100 hp more than a Veyron? That's not the point.

Last edited:
If it's a real car with the performance specs listed, why are all the "photographs" superimposed renders? I call BS until I see real photos or videos.

In Denmark: Check
Nothing to do: Check
Wannabe paparazzi camera: Check

:p

1000hp in a street car is completely useless. Even in the Veyrons case, you have less than 3 seconds to break the law, and its not really small/balanced enough to be fun at legal speeds.

Best supercars (having not driven any of them) are:

Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari F50
Ferrari F40
Saleen S7 (NON turbo)
Zonda F
Carrera GT

All these cars (plus more that I have forgotten) are about balance. They have alot of power, but they are also very well balanced. They are not OVER-powered.

I cant quite see why it should handle like Hummer because it's danish? :-|

Edit:
Love the car! not just because its danish :p

Because most danes are oversized whingebags.

So many haters on any car with lots of hp (Veyron fanboys mostly).....How do you know it's not good? How do you know they only built it for the massive power? If you could read it actually says they wanted to build a quality handmade supercar. so stfu

To be honest this is a lame discussion. We have so many examples of the Colin Chapman philosophy being the best when it comes to sportscars (the Caterham R500 beating the Veyron on Top Gear just a couple of weeks ago being a perfect example here).
Sure, 1000 bhp and 1250 nm of torque can be cool, but so far no one has built any tyres that will put this kind of power on the road, which means it's completely useless unless you're trying to disappear in a cloud of smoke.

It's an engineering excercise - nothing else - and Volkswagen already did it so I'm struggling to see why everyone else needs to have a go.