Random Thoughts....

So I found an old issue of Computer Shopper from ten years ago. I've been having some fun leafing through it...

I've a copy of WhatCar from 1998. Headlines :

"Rover 75 is Car of the Year!"

"The Rover that's better than a BMW!"

So, it's been about ten days now that we've had horrible weather here in Vancouver. It's about 20 degrees under the normal temperatures for December, and it's been snowing non-stop since last night.

Anywho, the situation is getting so bad I'm getting my mom to pick me up in her truck and take me to get some groceries. People go into hibernation here for the 24/25/26th of December, and this weather sure isn't gonna help. Looks like I'll be spending me holidays on FinalGear. :cry:

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sh/shawn/2008/12/21/katkam.jpg

P1000255.jpg

boston suburbs
Work can't understand why I can't come in today

Damn I'd love to have that kind of snow here. For a couple of days, that is.

Anyway, I'm glad the ear ringing of yesterday stopped today. Breakcore/dnb parties aren't the healthiest for your ears. Some sounds still feel weird.
Thinking about ear protection if i'd do such parties again. Regular pairs come at 20-30 euro and they are supposed to only lower the volume and not distort it.
Party was a lot of fun though :)

Last edited:
Damn I'd love to have that kind of snow here. For a couple of days, that is.

no you wouldn't believe me
It gets horrible after the first couple of hours. My mother is currently shoveling for the 3rd time today.

I have a question, not a thought but..Hmmmm..
Tonight i ran across a park and you know in a playground where there is a chain chest height and one near the floor and your walk across it balancing? Well i didn't see it so i ran at full speed into the chest height chain and it hit me and i flipped over it and it winded me and i couldnt breath..
But now it hurts when i breath in and stand up..anyone know what helps?

Looks like I'll be spending me holidays on FinalGear. :cry:

There there, It's not so bad, we're here for you :comfort: Could be worse, you could be without us :D

Tonight i ran across a park and you know in a playground where there is a chain chest height and one near the floor and your walk across it balancing? Well i didn't see it so i ran at full speed into the chest height chain and it hit me and i flipped over it and it winded me and i couldnt breath..

Stop breathing?

Sorry, just had to post that before anyone else did.
Anyway, if it stays that way, consult a doctor before it gets difficult with all the holidays. Sounds like your ribs got a beating.
Do not blame me if you drop dead in ten minutes though, I'm not a doctor.

Looks like normal weather to me.

edit:but, if all that came down at once... that sucks.

lets put it this way, my mother has been outside shoveling for the last 2 hours, the driveway is still covered because it is snowing faster than she can shovel it. By the time she finishes it has accumulated enough she needs to do it again.

You probably fractured your rib cage, there isn't much you or the doctor can do to make it better. Had that happen to me in a kart accident about 2 years ago. I was rear ended, my chest mapped the stainless steel steering wheel on the kart with full force, it fractured my rib cage and I had to see a doctor about it cos I thought I cracked my rib. Doctor took an x-ray pic, gave me some painkillers and told me to go home. Your body will heal itself, there is absolutely nothing you can do, it's impossible to plaster your rib so you will just have to deal with the pain and let it heal itself.

Good luck.

Last edited:
But - large amounts of prescription pain killers help do they not?

It may just be a bruise, it doesn't sound like the impact would have been strong enough to break anything.

no you wouldn't believe me
It gets horrible after the first couple of hours. My mother is currently shoveling for the 3rd time today.

I disagree, I had to shovel my drivway 2 times today, but I love the snow.

I actuallly prefer teh cold over the warm, aslong as there is snow.

^ You are crazy. :p

So I just got back... the roads are so unbeliveably horrible. North Van was alright, but downtown is really bad news. Pretty much everyone was stuck... my mom has the ML430 with some fat winter tyres and we were even going really, really slow.

Oh well, I'm stocked up for a few days in terms of food. Let it snow as much as it wants, I have nothing to do.

The snow doesn't bother me as much as the damn wind chill. The whole state's under a wind chill advisory as apparently the wind chill will make it feel like thirty below Monday morning. Nothing like freezing your tits off trying to start your car.

And then there's more snow on the way on Tuesday. White Christmas, indeed!

It was 33c when I went out to lunch today, felt quite warm in the sun but the breeze was nice