Lens Flair

I dont like the cold outside so i had to do something inside :)

440461417_wgdvt-O.jpg

Haven't posted in here for a while. So here is the soundboard in my school's hall.

http://img82.imageshack.**/img82/6016/soundboardil2.jpg

In Lightroom you have 2 different vignettes, one is a lens correcting one, the other is post-crop one. The post crop one doesn't look as nice, as it uses a different kind of overlay filter and darkens bright spots like in your photo, but the normal vignette wouldn't. It preserves the overburned bits, sort of like the multiply vs overlay filters in photoshop.

I just used the "Vignette" effect in Corel PhotoPaint. Before I found that out, though, I used to use an elliptical mask, feather, invert, and colour drop.

Background looks a little odd on this one but I guess that's the price you pay for having a lens wide open all the time. Went out with my 50mm 1.8 and had it set to maximum aperture all the time which turned out to be really fun the only problem was when I was being lazy and using AF (not sure why but it doesn't feel right when using AF). It was really lovely when manually focusing, would be better on a film or FX body but other than that I can't fault it :D.

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/dr/dr_q/2008/12/22/_DSC0252.jpg

I just used the "Vignette" effect in Corel PhotoPaint. Before I found that out, though, I used to use an elliptical mask, feather, invert, and colour drop.
You should seriously consider switching to Lightroom. So much nicer control over photos and a better engine to boot.

^ You're pretty much just repeating yourself these days (subject, composition, post-processing etc.), maybe a change of subject could be in place? Forget your work photos for a while (in this thread at least) and shoot something just for the fun of it?

Last edited:
^ You're pretty much just repeating yourself these days (subject, composition, post-processing etc.), maybe a change of subject could be in place? Forget your work photos for a while (in this thread at least) and shoot something just for fun of it?

Yep, will do :) I did something last week. Will post it here midnight tonight :)

donthomaso....3,4th January, N?rburgring.

Maybe you can hitch a ride with driftteam.ch or something?

realy liked the outcome of this one
i know, dont play with food.. but playing with a bit of milk and oregano is more fun then i thought..

440585745_ACxwJ-O.jpg
I'd have stopped the aperture down a bit, to increase the sharpness, and the flash power so you could quicken it up a bit and make the shot even more still. Great shot otherwise, though.