9ff DraXster - Shit your pants!

You guys are aware that the drag racing scene you're talking about is nonexistent here?

EDIT: also:
Wiki said:
No German-registered road vehicle may be operated on public roads without a certificate from the T?Vs or DEKRA, one of their competitors, or - since a couple of years - also independent inspectors may grant this certification. In most cases the certificate has to be renewed after two years. A pass of the mandatory roadworthiness and smog test is indicated by tamper-proof decals on the license plate.

(...)

Most vehicle modifications also need to be approved, from installing tires of a different size to materials used in nuts and bolts. The German safety guidelines are among the strictest in the world, and getting a road permit for thoroughly customized vehicles is said to border on the impossible.
Make one of your drag cars that passes the T?V, then we'll talk.

Last edited:
Also, nobody knows what time the 9ff DraXster has done yet, so there might be a fat chance it would "rape" those Mustangs and Supras for all we know... Don't underestimate 1) the traction the 911's chassis/layout offers, and 2) the power that can be had from that flat six engine...

Honestly, I don't think so. But since you won't meet such cars in the rare local drag races, you don't need to be as quick. Cars and parts just are too expensive and too difficult to get here to easily make such a quick car, even if you ditch street-legality.

So 1000hp and it still looks like a 911...

Boring...

Yeah the engine in the rear provides better weight over the rear wheels, but do not underestimate the power on tap.

Anything more than gently getting on the throttle and those rear tires will just spin till they burst...

Or they'll grip with such violence it'll snap a axle, blow the clutch or destroy the clutch and transmission...

That and it looks like a 911...

Yeah the engine in the rear provides better weight over the rear wheels, but do not underestimate the power on tap.

Anything more than gently getting on the throttle and those rear tires will just spin till they burst...

Or they'll grip with such violence it'll snap a axle, blow the clutch or destroy the clutch and transmission...
Yes, because this always happens with all dragracing cars, right...? 9ff has obviously not upgraded everything else to handle the power/grip... :rolleyes:

Also, nobody knows what time the 9ff DraXster has done yet, so there might be a fat chance it would "rape" those Mustangs and Supras for all we know... Don't underestimate 1) the traction the 911's chassis/layout offers, and 2) the power that can be had from that flat six engine...

meaning that the 9ff DraXster is capable of hitting 161mph (260km/h) in a Veyron beating time of just 9.5 seconds

7 second stangs have trap speeds of over 190, so they do 190 in 7. 160 in 9.5 isn't the same league. Same with Ryan Woon's MKIV I think it's an auto now and has run faster times (and he isn't even the fastest, I've just seen it race in person so it comes to mind) but still did 0-169 in a second faster than the 9ff.

7 second stangs have trap speeds of over 190, so they do 190 in 7. 160 in 9.5 isn't the same league. Same with Ryan Woon's MKIV I think it's an auto now and has run faster times (and he isn't even the fastest, I've just seen it race in person so it comes to mind) but still did 0-169 in a second faster than the 9ff.

Yes, but those car would never, ever, ever be road legal in Germany (T?V approved). Over there you can prolly stick a license plate on a dog and it's road legal (</sarcasm>).

Yes, because this always happens with all dragracing cars, right...? 9ff has obviously not upgraded everything else to handle the power/grip... :rolleyes:

So a 'Purpose Built' race car will never break? :rolleyes:

Please, I've seen my fare share of built up race cars break something on the line. Be it the rear end, a Axle, the Transmission or the Clutch. When you race its not a question of 'if' its a matter of 'when'

Just because it's built to handle that grip doesn't mean it actually 'will'...

And if it even has a slight Axle hop on launch you can kiss the rear end 'goodbye'...

Yes, but those car would never, ever, ever be road legal in Germany (T?V approved). Over there you can prolly stick a license plate on a dog and it's road legal (</sarcasm>).

Where does it say that car will? Germany lets cars run slicks on the road now? And who cares about road legal-ness when it comes to a pupose built drag car?

Last edited:
I love sleepers.... that mustang is cool.

So a 'Purpose Built' race car will never break? :rolleyes:

Please, I've seen my fare share of built up race cars break something on the line. Be it the rear end, a Axle, the Transmission or the Clutch. When you race its not a question of 'if' its a matter of 'when'

Just because it's built to handle that grip doesn't mean it actually 'will'...

And if it even has a slight Axle hop on launch you can kiss the rear end 'goodbye'...
Your original post suggested that this 911 would just break, and never really work. Of course professionally built cars too have a tendency to break down. The key is though that they work like they are supposed to do more often than not. Usually, parts are replaced before they break, that's why they pull the car apart that often. Garage projects however are more prone to break than professionally built cars of course...

This 9ff is very much a professionally built car, so I thing it will work just fine as long as the owner looks after it, and keeps up with servicing.

And yes, I have also seen a lot of purpose built cars blow up engines and drive trains, these however are usually Skyline GT-Rs, Supras, Cosworths, etc. Built by individuals in their garage. Professionally built cars hardly breaks, in fact I can only remember seeing one of those break.

And yes, I have also seen a lot of purpose built cars blow up engines and drive trains, these however are usually Skyline GT-Rs, Supras, Cosworths, etc. Built by individuals in their garage. Professionally built cars hardly breaks, in fact I can only remember seeing one of those break.

You ever see a Top fuel Dragster blow an engine ? Not that uncommon.

BTW. DO FUCKING WANT.

They had a 9ff GT9 in the Germans vs. Top Gear episode, and it wasn't very impressive doing the quarter mile.
With all that power it has serious problems getting off the line.. I don't know what it has in terms of traction control, but that thing has to be a monumental challenge to just drive in a straight line.. If you want to get anywhere near its potential that is.

Comparing it to the Veyron is an obvious thing to do, but largely irrelevant in my opinion. The purpose of this thing is very different. Even if they do have similar power output and acceleration.. Using this thing on normal roads would be madness :b

Because the GT9 was a Topspeed car with extremely long gear ratios, the Draxster is a drag car. However, you all miss the point: This car is a customers car who wanted it like that. So don't brag about how 9ff fails etc when they just built something just like a guy wanted it to be built :)

A seemingly pointless car as far as I'm concerned.

It's so massively overpowered that you should be praying to even be pointing in the right direction as it crosses the quarter-mile finish line.

So can you somehow cross your thoughts with the Americans that said it does not have enough grunt, and we'll meet somewhere in the middle? :mrgreen:

I recall a magazine test of a supercharged Mosler, but I can't find it.

Anyway, it was a big shoot out test with numerous supercars, iirc. The Mosler was using a beefed up Porsche transmission and was posting awesome times. But when they went to spin/warm up the tires for an acceleration run, the tires didn't spin, they hooked. And the transmission was turned to dust.

So it does happen. Doesn't mean it's a bad car though.

better than Uwe Alzen's VLN Porsche that kept spinning the rims inside the wheels at 200km/h :)

better than Uwe Alzen's VLN Porsche that kept spinning the rims inside the wheels at 200km/h :)
Some people pay good money for that, you know. :lol: