Electric Choke?

tigger

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'88 Vic Wagon, '92 Honda VFR
This little project I'm currently working on has an Edelbrock carb with an electric choke. This has me confused, since I either a)work on farm machinery or b)EFI DOHC blahblahblah nightmares :p.

Anyway, can I just connect it to any ignition-hot power source and call it good?

Thanks man. Obviously I failed at Google today. That's even the exact problem I was having.

My Holly had an electric choke, it was hooked up to a wire coming directly off the ignition wire. So it should be good if you hook it up there.

My Holly had an electric choke, it was hooked up to a wire coming directly off the ignition wire. So it should be good if you hook it up there.
That's what I'm running off of now. There's a junction block on the firewall with ignition wires running to it, so it's pretty much perfect. Hopefully I'll have it fired up tonight or on the 26th.

No problem man. Is this for the Fairmont or another project? Do you have any pictures of your Fairmont? I'd really like to have a box top with a turbo 4 and a 5-speed...
This is for an '82 S10 with a 350/TH350 swap :D. If I can get it running before I have to go home it's replacing the Fairmont. I'd love to either stick a 5 speed behind the 5.0 in my Fairmont or get a turbo 2.3/5 speed drivetrain ... but it's just too rusty. The rockers (in and out), the passenger side floor, the trunk, drivers side shock tower; there's rust everywhere. I'm not junking it though, not yet anyway.

I just got a nice little digital camera for Christmas, so I'll snap some pictures of the Fairmont, S10 and my bikes here in the next few days.